If this was our schedule...

I wish they would just agree to have crossover games with BCS conference teams. Conferences could negotioate this amongst themselves.

Advertisement
I can't believe I'm going to defend Louisville, but they were turned down by a lot of big name schools for OOC games because they didn't want to play them, and their conference schedule is precisely why they're moving to the ACC next year. They're just unlucky they have one of their best teams after the old Big East blew up and before they moved to the ACC (yes, I know the old BE sucked too, but it was better than this).

How is that a defense? If this was even considered, then you discount the actual results of the games even more.

The only argument UL can have is that they beat the **** out of everyone on their schedule, we would do the same to anyone. That is their argument but it is weak as of today.

It's a defense in that a lot of people have been bashing them for their weak schedule, and I was pointing out it wasn't their fault.

Ohio Bobcats
Eastern Kentucky
Kentucky
FIU
Temple
Rutgers
UCF
USF
Connecticut
Houston
Memphis
Cincinnati

Do you think Miami would belong in a) the top 10 in the BCS and/or b) should go to a BCS bowl game/championship game?

There are about 30 teams that would go undefeated against that schedule. If I was a voter I'd drop them every week.

Advertisement
This is why it's hard to respect a Boise State and in this case Louisville. They both know that their conference schedule is weak and refuse to play a tough OOC to help their strength of schedule. They are more fond of taking the easy way and hoping that other teams who actually play real opponents knock each other out and then Louisville/Boise can back their way into the BCS or BCS Title. If they don't, then they are the first to point the finger "we are 12-0 and should be in over a 1 loss power conference school". It is a joke

that's an unfair comparison to Boise State. Very few BCS teams were willing to play them when they were on top.

I can't speak to Louisville's scheduling, in terms of whether they are unwilling to play legitimate teams. I'm just glad they are moving to the ACC, bc we need another respectable football program in order to improve our bowl line-up; it is atrocious right now.

Boise is a great program and its a shame that the Pac however many and the Big 12 that may or may not have 12 anymore haven't picked them up. They're pretty bad at basketball more often than not though, that would be a bummer.

I think Loisville is pretty good and definitely a top 10 team. I think on pure ability it would be towards the bottom of the top 10 though. If they run the table, ****** schedule or not, they deserve the Sugar Bowl. No national title over a 1 loss BCS school that wins a real conference championship game and has at least 2 quality wins.

Not to be a buzzkill, but I'm not worried about who is gonna stand in our way to the National Championship just yet. Beating FSU in Tally, Florida at home, and Clemson on a nuetral site is about as tough a run as anybody in the country will have to make, so lets cross that bridge if it comes.

Isn't our schedule ****** next year aside from FSU?

At a MINIMUM, we will be playing:

@Nebraska
FSU
@Virginia Tech
@Georgia Tech
@Louisville

ALL of those games are harder than EVERY single Louisville opponent this year.

We also play UNC, PITT, and UVA, which would all be in the top 5 hardest opponents Louisville plays this year.

Their schedule is a JOKE.

Next years schedule is equally as tough as this year considering our tough ooc game is on the road and we catch VT and, to a lesser extent, GT on the road.

Thank god we get duke at home next year. That walk is brutal.

Advertisement
I wouldn't buy season tickets for that crap. I already wasn't very happy about FAU and SSU this year. If I was a louisville ticket holder I'd be ****ed.

If you were a Louisville ticket holder, you wouldn't know what winning is and you would be happy as **** right now to win games, no matter the sos...

Louisville is a solid top 15 team but not much more than that.

If we were to play them I think we'd win.

Most of these schools with weak schedules in weak conferences attempt to get big name opponents. Most say they are even willing to play that opponent at their home without a return game, but the big schools are afraid because they have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Sounds a lot like gator scheduling.

I would put Louisville at maybe # 24 or so. Us, LSU, Texas A&M, Michigan, Oklahoma, Baylor, UCLA, Washington, etc. I don't see Louisville beating any of them. I don't care how many wins you rack up against weak opponents, its still a scrub schedule.

Every single team I just mentioned is going to have a much harder schedule going forward than Louisville. They will have losses against quality opponents. No way teams like Louisville should be able to move up the rankings simply by beating scrubs.

Boise St. did it (although I think they were legit for awhile), Rutgers, South Florida, NIU, etc. Its a joke.

Advertisement
If we played that Louisville schedule for the next 10 years we'd go 120-0 but never play in a championship game.
I said this at the start of the year. There will be 3-4 undefeated teams this year and 2-3 of them will be squeezed out of the championship game which will have a 1 loss SEC team.
You guys screamed at me before that wouldn't happen.
Wait and see it unfold.
Louisville will go undefeated and be lucky to play in a BCS bowl game.

Advertisement
Louisville can go undefeated and will only play in the same Bowl that they played in last year.... the Sugar Bowl. They are irrelevant, Miami and a host of other teams will jump them well before the season is over.

I think Fresno St and NIU are better then Louisville..... Teddy's team should be ranked no higher then 20th.

Blame UF...if they could have curb stomped Teddy last year all this is null...

Agree. I made that point previously. **** you Muschamp!

I think it would be beneficial to college football if Louisville goes undefeated and ends up playing in The Citrus Bowl.
Would show AD's that scheduling the bottom of the barrel won't get the job done.
If Louisville is actually rewarded for beating up crappy teams, then you would see BCS teams in a bidding war to get Savannah State, FIU, Temple etc., on their schedule.

Blame UF...if they could have curb stomped Teddy last year all this is null...

Agree. I made that point previously. **** you Muschamp!

I think it would be beneficial to college football if Louisville goes undefeated and ends up playing in The Citrus Bowl.
Would show AD's that scheduling the bottom of the barrel won't get the job done.
If Louisville is actually rewarded for beating up crappy teams, then you would see BCS teams in a bidding war to get Savannah State, FIU, Temple etc., on their schedule.

Its not really Louisville fault, almost all the good teams left their conference. They wanted to play Bama this year but Bama had to ask Beamer and VT to cancel their game. Beamer said no because Logan ******* Thomas came back and he thought he had a chance against Bama.

Advertisement
Back