IF this season is cancelled....What would you do IF you were King? Stay and play OR declare?

MainLineCane

No More Excuses / Time to win
IMO it depends on how highly rated he will be by the NFL based on his last year at Houston......IF its high he's gone

We may have finally solved our QB issue .....now this? WOW

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's never out of the question, we've had far less accomplished guys leave early to mostly sour results. But if the scouts were high on him, he probably would have declared this year. I know this class is heavy with qb talent so maybe that's his justification to coming back.

There's a lot that could play into it. How's his family life? What's his draft stock? Would that stock be hurt by not playing for nearly two years? I'm sure it will be wait and see with a lot of guys if the season gets cancelled.

It's never out of the question, we've had far less accomplished guys leave early to mostly sour results. But if the scouts were high on him, he probably would have declared this year. I know this class is heavy with qb talent so maybe that's his justification to coming back.

There's a lot that could play into it. How's his family life? What's his draft stock? Would that stock be hurt by not playing for nearly two years? I'm sure it will be wait and see with a lot of guys if the season gets cancelled.

Agree for the most part

But I doubt he would be included in the current draft class because I doubt that this season would be canceled until July or August ( After this year's NFL draft occurs)

Advertisement
If he was really interested in declaring early, he could have done so already. I know Kyler Murray beat the height stigma but King has not had nearly the type of passing season Murray had. As Impressive as King was at Houston his passing statistics pale compared to Murray's season at Oklahoma. He's got one season at Miami to prove he's more than just an athlete playing QB.

In such uncertain times I'd try to get paid to play a game instead of staying in school. He's 5 foot nothin'--a 100 and nuthin'. He is what he is and already has a season where he scored 50 TDs. He gone.

Last edited:
Really there is no IF , this country is not going to go through this and open up stadiums the same year taking the chance of OOOOOPS just not going to happen , this year is finished in all sports.
Who in there right mind will put there stamp of ALL CLEAR on this?

The only way possible is to put (2) years of control under our belt before anyone signs off on ALL'S CLEAR.......would YOU guarantee or put your family on the poker table to possibly have them suffocate in agony and your not allowed near them ?

TWO YEARS

Advertisement
Assuming the warm weather suppresses this virus, expect the season to start earlier than normal.

If the weather has no impact on this virus, King declares...**** He has more tape than Trubisky and Trubisky went #2 overall.

At the very least He can play in the XFL, XFL QBs make a good amount of bread.

King's tape as of now is impressive for College.
Nowhere near NFL potential.
He needs this year or next of College to cement his talent, and then build towards the draft, always disproving his downside of size and height.
Until then, it is just not grabbing the $$$$$'s, but betting on your growth to make the real dinero in the bigs.....be smart, and improve your stock to the max....would be my advice.
Kid looks like a level head, and a smart decision maker.
He will be good for us and himself

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMO it depends on how highly rated he will be by the NFL based on his last year at Houston......IF its high he's gone

We may have finally solved our QB issue .....now this? WOW
Stay and play. He didn't go pro for a reason....it was to improve his draft stock.

In a 2020 season cancellation scenario, if King were to go pro NFL scouts in Jan-Mar of 2021 would have his season of 2018 to go by...highlights and video from three seasons earlier.

King will stay. Ramifications for us is that it might become harder to recruit a quarterback in the 2021 class.

Precisely...He can show His wears to NFL people, plus the XFL needs an infusion of QB talent...win win.
XFL may be iffy for 2021. Vince McMahon had put aside enough money under Alpha Entertainment to fund the XFL for at least two years, but that was before the season was cancelled.

XFL may be iffy for 2021. Vince McMahon had put aside enough money under Alpha Entertainment to fund the XFL for at least two years, but that was before the season was cancelled.

I don't understand...if Vince put away money for 2 years, and the rest of year 1 was cancelled, I don't see how that hurts His pockets.

Advertisement
Back