If this Opt Out **** keep going, it could end the season.

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
NCAA should have stayed out of this and let the player and their coach discuss and make decisions. This general Opt Out crap is too easy an out. I understand it, but they should have kept in the down low somehow. I just hate not seeing some of the best players in the country playing this year, like GR15.
But....I still get to see my Canes (hopefully) this year, so that is all that matters.
Go Canes!

Advertisement
NCAA should have stayed out of this and let the player and their coach discuss and make decisions. This general Opt Out crap is too easy an out. I understand it, but they should have kept in the down low somehow. I just hate not seeing some of the best players in the country playing this year, like GR15.
But....I still get to see my Canes (hopefully) this year, so that is all that matters.
Go Canes!
It is happening...6 from Maryland and another 3 from UNC.

The season is still happening.

Opt outs are provided because you can't force student athletes to participate during a pandemic. When we can't field a team on both sides of the ball let me know.

Advertisement
It may mean they won’t be able to take advantage of S&C if they opt out. (WSU, not sure about Miami)
Yeah, I don't know the details. I just know for sure that this year is a free year off, and if you are a player that isn't going to play anyway, it might be a good idea to take full advantage of it. Even if they can't do S&C, they can focus on their school work. I'm confident, though, the coaches would find a way to get them to work out.

Advertisement
It’s college. This sport used to be played with a bunch of walk on players. It will still happen
This exactly the truth right here. If the NFL develops a minor league tomorrow and colleges just get the leftovers, I'll still be rooting for my alma mater. That's a big part of why it is unlikely to change.

Yeah, I don't know the details. I just know for sure that this year is a free year off, and if you are a player that isn't going to play anyway, it might be a good idea to take full advantage of it. Even if they can't do S&C, they can focus on their school work. I'm confident, though, the coaches would find a way to get them to work out.
Maybe one of the S&C coaches will opt out.
If he's bored during the season, he can start a weight lifting club.
Who knows?, maybe some of the opt-out redshirts can join.

Go Canes!
This will be Opt Out Season for now on.

Advertisement
Maybe one of the S&C coaches will opt out.
If he's bored during the season, he can start a weight lifting club.
Who knows?, maybe some of the opt-out redshirts can join.
I can't imagine the NCAA telling them they don't have access to training facilities if they opt out. That wouldn't look good.

For those of you who are so angered by some players choosing to "Opt out" when it is their right to do so.

You can always TRY to replace them yourselves and "Opt in"

Oh that's right, that wouldn't work...because you have NO talent...neither the coaches, team nor other fans would want to see you near the field let alone on it 🤣

So just sit back, accept your role as a spectator and wait like everyone else is doing....things will get back, when things get back.....or better yet work to make the situation safer so things can get back to normal sooner.

Bottom line ...it's not up to you

Last edited:
Advertisement
So you can opt out of playing, but can still train, workout, and attend classes. How are they actually protected from anything?

Kids that wouldn't normally get on the field, if players opt out, will get the opportunity to play.

And let me tell you, most, if not nearly ALL of those types of kids are not going to opt out.

It's a free year. Heck, I hope Manny tells every player he's planning to redshirt to opt out. It saves them a season of eligibility.
Redshirts can still play 4 games and Manny mentioned there have been some talks of that being moved up to 6 this year due to circumstances. If a player sits out they cannot contribute at all

Advertisement
Back