If there was still a NCAA Football game (Canes Ratings)

ChosenOne

Band
Banned
These are just my opinion of just the starters and some guys contributors. I not gonna waste my time and make up ratings for guys who have played sparingly. I'll add the 3 of the most important secondary ratings due based on their position. For example, a speed rating is not as important for a D-linemen then it would be for a WR.

~~~~~~ OFFENSE ~~~~~~

QB: M. Rosier
Overall: 87
Awareness: 79 - His pocket awareness is good but his field vision at time is concerning. To many times he doesn't seen a wide open receiver is the middle of the field or the flats.
Throw Power: 95 - Boy can toss it up deep.
Throw Accuracy: 77 - Malik can throw some dimes, but struggles at times. Only completing 59% of his throws.

RB: T. Homer
Vision: 87 - Based on what I've seen Homer seems to just have better vision then Walton. Homer is a 1 cut and get up field type of runner and he usually finds the hole.
Speed: 92 - Homer has really good burst like we saw vs GT.
Breaking Tackle: 88 - Homer seems to break a tackle every time he has the ball especially in open space. Boy is special.

WR: A. Richards
Overall: 91
Speed: 90 - A healthy Richards probably gets a 92/93 speed rating, but he seems to be bother by a nagging hamstring injury.
Hands: 95 - Had some drops in the FSU and because thats a big game I gotta deduce some points for that.
Route Running: 94 - Boy be open. He should of ate McFadden alive had it not been for drops and poor accuracy by Malik IMO.

WR: B. Berrios
Overall: 90
Speed: 86 - Berrios has good speed but doesn't have that break away speed.
Hands: 94 - Mittens.
Route Running: 97 - Sauce.

WR: D. Langham
Overall: 83
Speed: 82 - He ain't fast but make up for it with this hands. Dude hands are HUGE.
Hands: 94 - Darrell has seemingly caught everything throw his way this season. I mean, did you see that catch over the middle vs GT in the rain with gloves on? Thats hands.
Route Running: 80 - Langham doesn't get that open but with hands like his I don't think he need much room to catch the ball honestly just give him a chance.

WR: M. Haley
Overall: 73
Speed: 87 - I think he is faster then Berrios but hasn't been the deep threat we kept hearing about in the off-season and seeing on those Canes scrimmage videos. (Good blocker though).
Hands: 74 - To many drops by Harley.
Route Running: 84 - I think Harley gets open well, but again the drops are killing him man.

TE: C. Herndon
Hands: 92 - Has caught everything thrown his way so far I just wish he had more opportunities.
Blocking: 97 - Borderland Elite blocker for a TE IMO.
Route Running: 88 - Herndon has been open seemingly all year but Malik just isn't finding him fast enough.

LT: K. McDermott
Overall: 87 - Lowkey I gave KC a boost because thus far he hasn't been typical McDoormatt this year.
Pass Blocking: 88
Run Blocking: 86

LG: T. Darling
Overall: 85 - Meh. Darling, to me, has been all around solid IMO. I haven't really thought "OMG Darling is terrible" this year yet so that must mean he has been solid.
Pass Blocking: 85
Run Blocking: 85

C: T. Gauthier
Overall: 89 - So Glad N. Linder is gone. We finally have a dependable center boys. Lets rejoice, but not to much VT and ND are still left.
Pass Blocking: 90
Run Blocking: 89

RG: N. Dolandson +
Overall: 80
Pass Blocking: 82 - Struggled a bit vs Duke but had a really solid game vs FSU and their talented front.
Run Blocking: 88 - Boy a truck in the run game.

RT: T. St. Louis
Overall: 86
Pass Blocking: 86 - Didn't play that well vs FSU but has been really solid against everyone else so far.
Run Blocking: 83 - I think he still need to improve has a run blocker.

~~~~~~ DEFENSE ~~~~~~

DE: C. Thomas
Overall: 88 - Chad is finally FINISHING plays when he gets there.
Pass Rushing: 85
Run Defending: 88
Block Shedding: 88

DT: R. McIntosh
Overall: 92
Pass Rushing: 95 - I know he doesn't lead the team in sacks but his ability to rush the pass is something serious.
Run Defending: 85 - Not seeing enough plays in the run game for McIntosh. RJ would be a 97 otherwise.
Block Shedding: 90 - Dude seems to flash every other play.

DT: K. Norton
Overall: 91 - Norton gets so many double team blocks so he doesn't flash as much as RJ. Norton is more of a player who clogs the LOS.
Pass Rushing: 87
Run Defending: 88

DE: J. Jackson
Pass Rushing: 97 - JJ would have like 5 or 6 sacks right now if it weren't for flags.
Run Defending: 85 - Jackson, Like RJ, not making enough plays in the run game.
Block Shedding: 89

LB: Z. McCloud
Overall: 77
Awareness: 74 - McCloud is just playing to slow. He is not flowing with the offense at all on plays. When everyone else is moving McCloud is standing completely still for about a second into the play. Manny has to teach him to flow with the offense without over pursuing the motion while reading his keys.
Tackling: 77 - Because of how slow McCloud is reacting to plays it making him a step late to the play which could be another reason why his tackling is poor he is just always late giving himself bad angles instead of already being in position to make a clean tackle.
Coverage: 79 - I think he been okay.

LB: S. Quarterman
Overall: 89
Awareness: 90
Tackling: 92
Coverage: 85 - Shaq need to play a bit better in coverage. I need to see him disrupt more routes over the middle. Other then that I think he will be fine I just need to see more contact in that 5 yard vicinity to miss up the timing.

LB: M. Pinckney
Awareness: 84 - His Awareness is this low because to many times he leaves his own gap chasing TFLs giving RB a lane when he doesn't get there. If he plays with a bit more discipline and with a method to his madness for getting TFL instead of chasing TFL all willy nilly he could be a all ACC LB.
Tackling: 91
Coverage: 87 -

CB: M. Young
Coverage: 96 - Clamps. TURN YOUR HEAD AROUND BOY.
Run Support: 88
Tackling: 90

CB: D. Delaney
Coverage: 88 - Dee has improved a lot since the first couple games. Hopefully while he is out with his injury to can study the playbook so there isn't any more breakdowns in coverage anymore. Also, Dee need to COMMUNICATE better so he is on the same page with everyone else on the defense.
Run Support: 92
Tackling: 92

CB: M. Jackson
Overall: 82
Coverage: 84
Run Support: 87
Tackling: 85

S: J. Johnson
Awareness: 93
Run Support: 88
Tackling: 90

S: S. Redwine
Overall: 84
Awareness: 85
Run Support: 84
Tackling: 88

~~~~~~ Others Contributors ~~~~~~
(Overall Only)

T. Harris - Harris deserved a full rating.
Overall: 90 - He is our most balanced and disciplined D-linemen we have. Trent leads the team in sacks but is also excellent against the run. Sets the edge better then anyone on our defense. If all 11 players on defense had the discipline of a Trent Harris we would be top 5 in defense.
Pass Rushing: 91
Run Defending: 89

Mark Walton - 90
Vision: 82 - Vision hasn't really improved and there is just to much tap dancing in the backfield.
Speed: 89 - Good speed but not really breakaway as we saw against Toledo and some of those Bethune runs.
Breaking Tackle: 89

M. Badgely - 89
A. Moten - 83
P. Bethel - 82
D. Owens - 76 - Owens been solid just not fast.
T. Bandy - 76
J. Thomas - 74 - Doesn't get the ball enough but has probably already made more plays then Harley.
M. Smith - 74 - MAKE A TACKLE MIKE SMITH!
C. Perry - 74 - SET THE EDGE ON THE READ OPTION CHARLES PERRY!
Z. Feagles - 74 - Some really good hang time punts then some TERRIBLE punts.
L. Cager - 74 - Alligator arms.
M. Mahoney - X* - Can't rate Mahoney because I need to see more but he played well vs GT

Robert Knowles' Overall (I need KG's help with this one)
----------------------
[video=youtube;QMQy0ib1vdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMQy0ib1vdE[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Homer-sequel ratings for Malik. 95 power and 87 overall?

/true story - I did Miami's roster for EA in 2005. I knew the guy who was responsible for EAs NCAA roster ratings. He let me do everything for UM from ratings to apparel (visors, wrist bands, etc).

Too low on Chad. Too high on Rosier (he's clutch AF and I still love him). Too low on Richards. Too high on Jaquan.

I have NCAA football 14, and people still update the rosters for it.

Mark Walton has an overall of 92 or 93, as I recall.

Rosier is something like 85.

Rosier arm isnt a 95. Thats elite arm strength. He doesnt even have the strongest arm on the team.

Advertisement
If this ain't the most Homer **** I've ever read. Come on man I love the canes too but 3 people in the secondary with over 90 in tackling and the worst in secondary in tackling is an 85? ****, I'd wish ncaa would make Miami that dope!!!!! Lmmfao

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back