If there is no season this year will it help or hurt the canes ?

I know it's probably impossible but I wish the ncaa would give the players a mulligan on the year of eligibility if there is no season.

Advertisement
Manny needs this season to be played because he doesn't want to have any chance of losing
We're a team that has ALOT to prove to future recruits. Hence, foregoing what looks like a real positive season is not a good thing in terms of starting/continuing with recruiting momentum.

TRUE

Manny's position on playing this season

Advertisement
The NFL teams might not want to get rousseau as a first rounder after just one good year but it has happened. Brevin might get the nod but there will be questions about his size. NFL likes those 6'5 dudes at tight end.
But from a roster standpoint (at least defensively) you have to absolutely love what we would be fielding next year game one against Bama. Its as deep and talented of a defense that we've had in years. Unfortunately the offense will have a lot of dudes that have not played D1 and going against a saban defense is as tough of a task as you can have.
Even if we have a season there is no guarantee that it lasts either and that would also put the draft status players at risk. If we have just a conference only season a player can miss 4 games if he continues to test positive. The smart thing would be to stretch out the 8 games for the entire season and reduce the chances of players missing too many games if they test positive.
The other aspect is that the talent pool for the following draft may be a lot larger and a player like rousseau might have a legit chance of making the first round this draft if other ends decide to stay.

It is devastating for Miami not to win. That means we need to operate another year off of last season.

Personally I think its more pros than cons if the season is not played , safety for the kids is the number one priority and my hopes is That the NCAA give every player a free redshirt this year. I know even with a free redshirt some guys might still want to go pro instead of staying in college for another year , most likely GR15 , it will hurt me if we don’t get to see him play in a canes uniform again but it will help us in the long run because he most likely will be a top 10 pick , him not playing this year won’t hurt his draft stock like a lot of of top recruits we thought would go high like Joe Jackson , J. Garvin and Jeff Thomas. With GR15 being a top pick it will help with recruiting in the future and with the free redshirt a lot of our top players most likely will come back like D.King, Brevin and Roche (MAYBE!!) and all of them will have another year to study our new offense and go through the offseason program come back stronger next year to play in one of our biggest games in the last 10 years against bama and with a win , It could be a program changing one !
Of course safety should be the primary reason to play or not. But if no season this year it definitely hurts not playing for us.

We are ripe to have a good comeback season with all the chips falling right for Miami. Even the way the games set up for us to ease into the season with a few cupcakes to work out the kinks on OF.

If there were ever a perfect schedule and all the right pieces in place through the attrition of transfers, I couldn’t think of a better time then now. Besides being young in some areas we really don’t have a deficiency in any position. In fact our positions compared to most in the ACC is at the top or in the top 3.

Coaching will be our Achilles’ heel. Not totally sold yet on Manny going wire to wire with good game day management. Preparations last year was a serious problem. Not going after teams weakness was unacceptable. DB’s that were toasted by inferior teams Manny never challenge them much during games. Dink and dunks eventually caught up to us against inferior teams.

We don’t play this year we may lose 3 or 4 of our top guys to the draft. We lose big time not playing imo!

Advertisement
It sucks but there will be no season. UM will have to lay off a lot of the athletic dept, football analysts. etc

Looking at the latest news out of the US - there's not going to be a football season.

COVID-19 is out of control.

There will be a season. Finances would be devastated nationally for power 5. No way that’s allowed.

Advertisement
Losing three first rounders and never seeing King play for Miami wouldn’t help the program.
Manny needs King the way Ed O needed Burrow. One great QB can define a coaches career and get recruiting going enough to carry him. Jimbo would have never got his big payday without winston
I don't care about Manny but I would like something positive to hand onto, so from your lips to God's Ears.

Advertisement
Back