IF THE CFB PLAYOFFS WERE AROUND WHEN MARK RICHT WAS AT UGA

Imagine that 2012 UGa team in the cfb playoffs... my money would’ve been on them to win it all that year.

Advertisement
I made this point over the summer. It’s true that he would have had UGA in the top 4 at least twice.

I don’t think Richt is an awful coach, but he has refused to adapt with the times. The game today is different than it was from the early to late 2000s. And it all started to change, in my opinion, when Chip Kelly had Oregon rolling.

I think Richt would succeed here if he stopped being so stubborn and if he was willing to revamp the coaching staff, but I doubt either happens.

I’m just giving all the hurt Cane brethren on this site a sign of hope... Mark Richt is going to get us to the cfb playoffs and this post is all the proof there is to comfort ur weary little hearts.
How successful have your previous predictions been? The first two seasons were classic richt. Did you see this down turn coming in the pre-season?

Advertisement
His body of work speaks for itself

I know I just laid it out for you in the OP... will be in the playoffs very soon.

B0A529C5-4768-4C1D-8F10-77301F10B8DC.jpeg

How successful have your previous predictions been? The first two seasons were classic richt. Did you see this down turn coming in the pre-season?

I thought about it being a possibility but I didn’t want to be negative. I stayed positive, we fell short of our goals but we fought hard and now we are on a two game win streak.

Advertisement
KrazyCun.t going full troll mode after his preseason predictions went 0 for 112. Luckily for him, he didn't back any of them up with money because he would of had to sell his three cardboard boxes that form his house.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I made this point over the summer. It’s true that he would have had UGA in the top 4 at least twice.

I don’t think Richt is an awful coach, but he has refused to adapt with the times. The game today is different than it was from the early to late 2000s. And it all started to change, in my opinion, when Chip Kelly had Oregon rolling.

I think Richt would succeed here if he stopped being so stubborn and if he was willing to revamp the coaching staff, but I doubt either happens.
My thing with is..your half right..but the other half about him shuffling the staff..bruh its year 3. U just can’t be firing assistants after year 2 following a 10 win years New Years 6 bowl and con championship game app..I think many around here are throwing Richt who is undoubtedly a good coach to gallows to swiftly..but having that opinion makes me a “richt slruprr”..pause..here’s my thing, personally just imo we need to get a OC and a oline coach..but MR has forgotten more FB than I know. So unlike most here I don’t pretend my opinion is gospel and he’s dead wrong..so for me it’s like this:

A.) MR keeps everything intact staff wise going into year 4 for the sake of stability. If we repeat this type of season or have a bad showing in Orlando against what would most likely be a top 15 UF Team the heat will really be on MR to make wholesale changes. I think unless MR goes 7-6 or worse he’s safe with the staff intact

B.) MR does make changes to this staff. We have another lack luster season. Then the question of is MR not building a strong program really is into question. Because him making major changes proves that his missed on his 1st hires. And if those changes aren’t homeruns off the bat then ppl who matter (not message board talk) will question if he was the right hire.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if MR stays with the same staff for year 4 & trust his own process.

My thing with is..your half right..but the other half about him shuffling the staff..bruh its year 3. U just can’t be firing assistants after year 2 following a 10 win years New Years 6 bowl and con championship game app..I think many around here are throwing Richt who is undoubtedly a good coach to gallows to swiftly..but having that opinion makes me a “richt slruprr”..pause..here’s my thing, personally just imo we need to get a OC and a oline coach..but MR has forgotten more FB than I know. So unlike most here I don’t pretend my opinion is gospel and he’s dead wrong..so for me it’s like this:

A.) MR keeps everything intact staff wise going into year 4 for the sake of stability. If we repeat this type of season or have a bad showing in Orlando against what would most likely be a top 15 UF Team the heat will really be on MR to make wholesale changes. I think unless MR goes 7-6 or worse he’s safe with the staff intact

B.) MR does make changes to this staff. We have another lack luster season. Then the question of is MR not building a strong program really is into question. Because him making major changes proves that his missed on his 1st hires. And if those changes aren’t homeruns off the bat then ppl who matter (not message board talk) will question if he was the right hire.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if MR stays with the same staff for year 4 & trust his own process.
Don’t agree with everything you said, but I definitely respect your opinion. Time will tell what happens!

Advertisement

I agree 100% with this post

So... if only we could go back to the early 2000s we’d have shot with OC richt.

Question: Are u looking at end of regular season rankings, or Post bowl game rankings?

The way the cfb playoffs are decided

.... would’ve been **** near locks for at least the 4th spot in the playoffs with a 2nd or 3rd spot in a couple of those years.

2003 an outside chance as well bc two of their three losses being to a one loss LSU team. And the other loss was to Florida the only team to beat LSU that season.

That’s 6 years in the cfb playoffs... it just goes to show how great of a hire Mark Richt was for Miami. Perfect timing he’ll have us in the cfb playoffs In no time at all.

View attachment 69977
You're my favorite kind of troll. At least you're jovial 😂😂😂

If he chooses A, he will fail. '19 class is already in shambles and that's the real future. He absolutely has to make the right changes to coach the right Jimmy's and Joes

Advertisement
Back