If Randy were still here

Randy didn't really make a mockery out of the English language, he simply butchered it. On occasion, it comes to my attention that the Queen's English is my second language. I don't have a first.

The real problem would be the alleged violating coaches still here. I think Randy really tried to run a clean operation here and I have high respect for him for that. But it only takes one or two rogue assistants cutting corners, and you're royally screwed and tattoo'd.

That's why it's critical to assemble a coaching crew and demand compliance, and then recruit not just talent, but kids who aren't prima donnas, gimme-gimme-gimme's, selfish-self-important-********, I'm-above-the-rules, and show-me-the-money types, and then stress every week if not every day on the dangers of playing fast and loose with the rules to these players.

You can't push just one button or even two. You have to push all the buttons all the time, and many of these problems will not even get a toe-hold.

Lol who cares how he sounded to you. A lot of people here speak English perfectly fine but they don't know dik about football. Like people gave a **** about Bobby bowdens " daggum". Bs talk when he was winning championships. I mean, if that's all you have to say about the guy from a football stand point then that's pretty lame.

Advertisement
Randy isn't light years better than anyone. We've made three bad hires in a row, period. ****ing and moaning about which **** stinks less is pretty stupid. Randy can't sniff a head coaching job. Larry just had a pretty horrific season at his school, and Golden just went 6-7 with a pretty healthy roster, and a handful of first day draft picks.

The problem is the administration going on the cheap with the last three hires, giving them all extensions, then looking like fools. We need to hire a good coach that understands what it takes to win at Miami. NONE of the last three coaches could do that, so that means they ALL stink.

Your right. Shannon isn't Light years better than nobody. He light years ahead of golden but he's a nobody so he doesn't count.

If golden came before Shannon we'd be having the same conversations minus the race talk. They both suck in different ways.

You White Boys are Funny.....LOL

It didn't take RS 4 years to produce a defense that gave up less than 350 yards per game.

RS never blamed the wind, night games, prime time night games, etc.

Funny White Boys.......

Advertisement
If Golden came before Shannon then we wouldn't be having this discussion because Shannon would've never been HC. We'd be going into our 9th season of excuses and ineptitude. They both suck as HCs, one got fired, the other won't be. Ones supposed strengths are entirely subjective and the others are concrete (graduation rates, lack of disciplinary issues, and a Broyles Award for the nation's best overall coordinator). Facts

The Duke was obviously tongue-in-cheek, but selectively taken as a real excuse or blame for what??? We won the game lol. He never lost to Duke...the thirst to justify this psychosis is hilarious!

Advertisement
The Duke was obviously tongue-in-cheek,
Umm...no. I was listening to that interview live, and Shannon was dead serious w/that. That's why he got blown up for that.

but selectively taken as a real excuse or blame for what??? We won the game lol. He never lost to Duke...
The comment was made in response to Joe Rose asking a question about our sluggish play later in the season, weeks after the Duke game.

the thirst to justify this psychosis is hilarious!
You saying that Shannon's comment was tongue-in-cheek is indeed psychotic, and really not that funny. It's dumb.

You're 100% right.

He only blamed the long walk at Duke.

LMAO

Yes he did......but he didn't LOSE TO DUKE.
Didn't say he did lose to Duke. Just saying that Shannon made mealy-mouthed excuses too.

Shannon's "we're working on what we need to work on, out here flying around" is Chumley's "Again--we're working our tails off to get it fixed. We need to trust the process. It starts with me."

Advertisement
I took it as tongue-in-cheek and u took it serious and still do 4 years later lol! It's subjective, u can't prove Shannon's intentions or context. U just trying to make yourself feel better lol! And Shannon is today's goat.

You're 100% right.

He only blamed the long walk at Duke.

LMAO

Yes he did......but he didn't LOSE TO DUKE.
Didn't say he did lose to Duke. Just saying that Shannon made mealy-mouthed excuses too.

Shannon's "we're working on what we need to work on, out here flying around" is Chumley's "Again--we're working our tails off to get it fixed. We need to trust the process. It starts with me."

RS is gone....since 2010. You White Boys are just looking for something to take the spotlight off of Folden.

Let it go. Folden is the worst UM Coach ever

Advertisement
I took it as tongue-in-cheek and u took it serious and still do 4 years later lol! It's subjective, u can't prove Shannon's intentions or context. U just trying to make yourself feel better lol! And Shannon is today's goat.
Put it to you this way...it sounded a LOT more serious on Shannon's part than it did "tongue-in-cheek". You may have taken it one way, but IMO--that's because you were looking to give him the benefit of the doubt.

At the point that interview was done, Shannon was floundering. He knew the writing was on the wall, and really--his already thin patience with the media and shyness/defensive nature with them was at an all-time high. He's a lot less likely to joke around and do something "tongue-in-cheek" than he was to grasp at any straw of an excuse that he could come up with. The "long walk at Duke" was just that.

RS is gone....since 2010. You White Boys are just looking for something to take the spotlight off of Folden.
Yes--I am white. If you have a problem with that, or with me pointing out factually that Shannon wasn't a bed of roses either, and that he made excuses just like Chumley has done and continues to do...then you're simply oblivious and blind, and an idiot to boot.

Put that spotlight on Chumley, I'll help and have continued to help. But not w/the use of the race card, and not at the expense of forgetting how Shannon sucked as HC as well.

Let it go. Folden is the worst UM Coach ever
I wouldn't disagree, but I'm also not crowning Shannon along with the Miami greats like you guys seem to be doing, either.

I don't need to trump up some kind of great vision of Shannon to prove that Chumley sucks ***...that's easy enough for me to do on Chumley's own level of suckitude.

**** its sad that people are still bringing up shannon..
He's a part of UM's relatively recent coaching history. Should we just ignore his tenure altogether or...???

I'm not sure WTF y'all want. Worshiping him doesn't make Chumley look worse, it just makes people who do worship Shannon look really ******* dumb for easily forgetting how bad he was as our HC.

Advertisement
Back