IF OUR OFFENSE IS AS ADVERTISED...

My biggest concern is the line. Even without much push Homer was knocking on the 1000 yd door. If the new strength staff gets our guys where they need to be our offense can be very productive. Next is sorting out qb.

Advertisement
What was the reason for the poor o lines for 10 years before Richt. Our offensive lines have been awful for years and I’ll believe in their improvement when I see it
Let's see.... Incredibly cheap coaching hires. Next question?

again, just gimme a 28-31 points a game consistently vs the real teams and we'll have a chance. As Lu said, the defense might take a step back, I get that. But I surmise having a more competent offense and punter, will help them much more than last season, where they could've sued for non-support

I really dont think people understand just how simplistic and archaic that prehistoRicht offense was last year and I believe that to a degree it demoralized the players, which exacerbated things.

Now, with the Enos Electric Company, we have hope

Last edited:
A Team

QB Martell
RB Dallas
RB Davis
WR Thomas
WR Pope
WR Osborn
WR Payton
TE Jordan
TE Mallory

B Team

QB Williams
RB Lingard
RB Burns
WR Harley
WR Njoku
WR Wiggins
WR Hightower
TE Irvin
TE Hodges

Not sure we can have 9 skill players on the field at once

Advertisement
again, just gimme a 28-31 points a game consistently vs the real teams and we'll have a chance. As Lu said, the defense might take a step back, I get that. But I surmise having a more competent offense and punter, will help them much more than last season, where they could've sued for non-support

I really dont thin people understand just how simplistic and archaic that prehistoRicht offense was last year and I believe that to a degree it demoralized the players, which exacerbated things.

Now, with the Enos Electric Company, we have hope

Remember original Tecmo Bowl?

4 plays and if you guessed right the whole D would basically sack the QB at the same time?

That’s what we were up against last year.

Too early to tell for sure, but I expect a step back on defense.
That could most certainly be the case as last year's defense was one of our best in years and the fact we lost Willis, Joe Jackson, Mike Jackson, Redwine and Jaquan.

However, the addition of Bolden, T. Hill, Nkoruka coinciding with the presumed rise of players like Rousseau, Silvera, Gurvan Hall, Ivey and Blades together with the continued evolution of guys like Garvin, Finley, Bandy, and Carter will keep us competing at a very high level. Add the senior leadership of guys like Shaq Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Pat Bethel and I don't think we drop too much.

Advertisement
The recruiting rankings. Not being a smartass but I point that out as my hope js they sucked mostly due to horrible coaching

You realize that we are penciling in a LT from Butler that was not ranked and only had one offer?

I strongly believe the offense will be night and day better than last year under CMR. Will it be enough that we pull out W’s versus L’s like we did in 2018? Yes, I feel that to be true. All that comes to head with improved OL and QB play. I’m not sold on Kennedy at LT, guess we’ll see how he does in the Spring but for my $$$ give me Campbell or Scaife there. Also think Reed will push for a starting gig on the OL as well. Will that make for a Top 20 OL, no. Will it be enough of an improvement to secure 3 more wins? Yes. That, and with a QB that’s in the 56-58% range for completions will help greatly also. Those are not two massive improvements needed in order to make a splash similar to 2017. The only difference this go around is that I believe we can do it, then sustain it for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
The talent was there, but no depth, and horrible play calling, killed any semblance of positive performance.

You realize that we are penciling in a LT from Butler that was not ranked and only had one offer?
He might not have been highly recruited out of high school but he choose Miami over a bunch of major p5 programs to transfer to. Look at the list of schools he turned down to come here.

Most here jumps need to realize our first game is against a good sec defense.it's also the first game for a hc and offensive staff with a totally new offensive philosophy and possibly with an inexperienced qb.just hope some of you don't go off the deep end if the offense doesn't perform like you expect it to straight out of the gate.going to take some time and games before this team settles in and gets acclimated to the new offense.it's not easy going from a prehistoric 1 page 6 play offensive playbook to a modern 50 page with 50 plays.

Advertisement
What was the reason for the poor o lines for 10 years before Richt. Our offensive lines have been awful for years and I’ll believe in their improvement when I see it
I think we will see improvement from oline not only
From development but from PLAY CALLING
If Enos is good, we will run more than 4 plays, utilize formation etc.. and w better Qb play it will equate to a better oline performance imo

Call me cautiously optimistic

Its going to be a very exciting year. I just got chills thinking about our O motioning JT or Pope from the spread to a trips set just to isolate Hightower for a 1 on 1 mismatch fly route or the same motion to set up a screen to the slot/motion man. I want to see mesh plays that put our players in space. The best coaches know how to utilize the talents that got the athletes the scholarship in the first place and i hope Enos is that guy. I know some of u guys are very anal on starting threads, i just want to get my fellow **** talkin canes fans something to be optimistic about. We have too many pussimistic i mean pessimistic fans on this board. #GoCanes
If everyone has improved, how would you defend a line up of Thomas, Brevin, Mallory, Pope, Martell/Williams and Davis? Speed and everyone is a playmaker.

He might not have been highly recruited out of high school but he choose Miami over a bunch of major p5 programs to transfer to. Look at the list of schools he turned down to come here.

I am not denying that I am refuting the argument that our oline is good because of stars. You cant make that argument when your no stars is going to start over 4 stars.

Advertisement
Back