IF OLINE HAD PUSH

If you're going to average <200 yards passing you better be averaging well over 200 yards rushing per game if you're going to be effective.

Advertisement
They break some runs occasionally, but to me these stats are misleading to my eye. Our run game typically doesn't get enough yards on first (or second) down for this offense to "stay on schedule." That's the real failure of this run game, when we run on first down and either get TFL or just 1-2 yards. It makes the offense stall almost every single time.

Statistically, this is the best Miami rushing offense in forever.

Over 190 yards per game with a 5 ypc average.

Unfortunately it's been coupled with one of the worst passing offenses in a long time too.

Yeah imagine what they run game would like if we had a passing game to keep defenses honest, oh and we didn't run the same 2-3 rund the entire freakn game.

They're weaklings but I think it's a schematic issue too. My brother was on campus recently and was walking behind Rosier and a teammate across the IM fields. He overheard Rosier blasting a certain protection scheme before our game against Duke. Something about needlessly leaving the LG in a vulnerable position. Think about some of Dallas' plays recently. He's always having to shed a tackler who arrives unblocked. Our coaches are complete numbskulls with little ability to prepare and put our players in position to succeed.

Advertisement
Alot of these numbers are inflated by some poor quality opponents.

Look at the numbers when we play good to decent rush defenses.

Alot of these numbers are inflated by some poor quality opponents.

Look at the numbers when we play good to decent rush defenses.

You're right but that's literally the case for every single team in the nation. Everybody puts up bigger numbers against bad opponents than they do against good ones.

That’s why looking at stats instead of paying attention to what happens on the field every week is a misguided way to evaluate things. Probably stems from nerds with their fantasy sports teams.

Same guys also want the likes of Yost because they look at stat lines. Not saying he wouldn't be an upgrade but there is a reason he is at Utah St. after 15 years of coaching at big power 5 programs. That Mickey Mouse **** doesn't work against power 5 conferences week to week.

Advertisement
Or failing coaches trying to self-justify and deflect from consistent poor performance and under achieving.
We’re the 50th ranked rush offense. If people are beating their chests about that, then that shows you just how pathetic we’ve become. What an embarrassment!

Advertisement
Back