If Michael Irvin was standing right in front of you..

Advertisement
Don't worry Mike, if this losing keeps up the fans will be so calm that you won't even notice them at the games...because they won't be there.

Advertisement
I have had a conversation with him in regards to this and we went back and forth but one thing I can tell you is he meant it cause it wasn't all for the camera cause there wasn't when we were talking. He did say there are problems with what is taking place but those are correctable and he believes.

Advertisement
If Michael Irvin was standing right in front of you, looked you in the eye, and said this to you..

I thought [keeping Golden] was the right move, and guys, I've said this over and over again and I'll say it here again: Al Golden—Coach Al Golden—has earned this opportunity, has earned the right to see this through. With what he's done, to jump there and fight, that was not his fight, and he stayed through the fight. He recruited well and he kept us in the fight.

We started a freshman quarterback. Where's the smarts? Tell me this: Where's the smarts in saying, 'Hey freshman, we know we started you. We know you learned a lot. But right now we're going to snatch all of that from under you and make you start all over again next year.'
It would be absolutely stupid, absolutely ignorant to do it to him, so it would be absolutely the right thing to let this man get one more year to finish and make it right. Building a championship takes time and there's a process to it. And we're in the midst, I think, of a very good process.
And I surely hope that people, in Miami, can calm their asses down and let the process see itself through.

how would you respond?

Shocked-gifs.gif

Advertisement
If Michael Irvin was standing right in front of you, looked you in the eye, and said this to you..

I thought [keeping Golden] was the right move, and guys, I've said this over and over again and I'll say it here again: Al Golden—Coach Al Golden—has earned this opportunity, has earned the right to see this through. With what he's done, to jump there and fight, that was not his fight, and he stayed through the fight. He recruited well and he kept us in the fight.

We started a freshman quarterback. Where's the smarts? Tell me this: Where's the smarts in saying, 'Hey freshman, we know we started you. We know you learned a lot. But right now we're going to snatch all of that from under you and make you start all over again next year.'
It would be absolutely stupid, absolutely ignorant to do it to him, so it would be absolutely the right thing to let this man get one more year to finish and make it right. Building a championship takes time and there's a process to it. And we're in the midst, I think, of a very good process.
And I surely hope that people, in Miami, can calm their asses down and let the process see itself through.

how would you respond?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...to-calm-their-asses-down-over-coach-al-golden

Tell him I appreciated all he has done for the university, I enjoy his commentary on pro football, congratulations on being the winning coach for the Pro Bowl but I respectfully disagree with him on nearly every claim he made in the article.

Tell him thanks for the honesty mike and not being a follower like the rest it takes a real man a leader to make these statments

Advertisement
I love Mike, but I paid my tuition and wrote many a large check to THE U, so at this I think I'd have to say, "Blow it out your rear, Mike."

I would tell him time doesn't make a coach a good coach. Golden has jaded people with always bringing up the cloud. Yet they fail in basic reasoning. With all the talent you had/have, how can you get blown out so many times by mediocre teams like Pitt,UVA, Duke etc. Explain that then tell me how much time he deserves. And this is not just 2014, 2013 as well.

Im going to give Al this year to get this thing moving right and not a year more
..pretty much my personal feelings as well.. unless they pull off 8-9 wins (and win the Coastal)..

Pretty sure Mike can handle being told that he´s talking crap.
I assure you that it's been said directly to him more than once..
:dbc2:

I would tell him time doesn't make a coach a good coach. Golden has jaded people with always bringing up the cloud. Yet they fail in basic reasoning. With all the talent you had/have, how can you get blown out so many times by mediocre teams like Pitt,UVA, Duke etc. Explain that then tell me how much time he deserves. And this is not just 2014, 2013 as well.
No disagreement from me that there's been a fair level of talent under both AG and Shannon but the fact is talented players don't always translate to good teams. That isn't just a Miami thing. Initially I thought ok/maybe. After the first season and seeing how some things were done I wondered but I've believed for 3 seasons now that Golden may not be the guy after all but the circumstances surrounding program along with the athletic budget included IMO don't allow the ability to just hire and fire guys on a whim whether there's an uproar about it or not. I won't disagree that the administration appears to have made an especially bad choice on the extension. Either way, I support the university and the kids that put on the uniform. If the coach falls on his face (which I'm fairly certain he will will continue to do outside of some kids surprising many and stepping it up) then I'll just hope like **** they make a better choice on the next one.

Personally, I don't see the football program turning until university leadership changes. The committment just is not there at the very top and that is what is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

how would you respond?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...to-calm-their-asses-down-over-coach-al-golden

It's funny cause I had something like this happen to me right around Christmas time up on Orlando...granted I ran into the brother of Blake James and not someone like Michael Irvin himself but the excuse/garbage/reasoning was pretty much the same.

I'd tell Irvin pretty much the same thing I told Blake James brother that night...that Golden is the worst coach in the history of program and should have been fired a year ago. Every day he remains on the job is a smack in the face to every Canes fan with any semblance of intelligence.

Advertisement
Back