If Michael Irvin was standing right in front of you..

D

deleted11403

If Michael Irvin was standing right in front of you, looked you in the eye, and said this to you..

I thought [keeping Golden] was the right move, and guys, I've said this over and over again and I'll say it here again: Al Golden—Coach Al Golden—has earned this opportunity, has earned the right to see this through. With what he's done, to jump there and fight, that was not his fight, and he stayed through the fight. He recruited well and he kept us in the fight.

We started a freshman quarterback. Where's the smarts? Tell me this: Where's the smarts in saying, 'Hey freshman, we know we started you. We know you learned a lot. But right now we're going to snatch all of that from under you and make you start all over again next year.'
It would be absolutely stupid, absolutely ignorant to do it to him, so it would be absolutely the right thing to let this man get one more year to finish and make it right. Building a championship takes time and there's a process to it. And we're in the midst, I think, of a very good process.
And I surely hope that people, in Miami, can calm their asses down and let the process see itself through.

how would you respond?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...to-calm-their-asses-down-over-coach-al-golden

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd say Mike, you got the ringz, you in the dam Pro Football Hall of Fame, you bled for The U, I'm gonna have to go with you on dis right here. But if Golden doesn't come through next season, I'm gonna ride his @ss like Zorro.

The issue I see here for Mike is he doesn't want to go blasting Golden as he is trying to send his son Mike Jr. here.

He's kind of stuck in the middle.

Although I feel he should have never shared or said anything.

Advertisement
gonna be the same results next year, so he can come talk that crap next year if he got the balls,
6-7, one of the worst records in the last 25-30 yrs at miami

I'd say Mike, you got the ringz, you in the dam Pro Football Hall of Fame, you bled for The U, I'm gonna have to go with you on dis right here. But if Golden doesn't come through next season, I'm gonna ride his @ss like Zorro.

THIS..

Advertisement
I'd ask him about the argument that his brother and nephew got into with dorito and paul williams during an in-home visit.

Advertisement
I would say "Mike, think about this:

An athlete has six trophies to place on an empty three-shelf display case. The six trophies are bowling trophies F, G, and H and tennis trophies J, K, and L. The three shelves of the display case are labelled 1 to 3 from top to bottom. Any of the shelves can remain empty. The athlete's placement of trophies must conform to the following conditions:

J and L cannot be on the same shelf
F must be on the shelf immediately above the shelf that L is on.
No single shelf can hold all three bowling trophies
K cannot be on Shelf 2

Question: Given this information, do we still get gashed and embarrassed on national television against a team with a pulse?"

Question this notion that he voluntarily stayed and fought a fight he didn't need to fight. It was his fight and the salary he was paid, made it his fight. All the while he took advantage of this fight and got himself a raise, while not producing on the field. Let's stop pretending like Al Golden was to HC that was highly demanded. We got him from Temple, coaching at Miami even with sanctions wasn't a burden for him,it was an honor and great opportunity, as he said when he got the job. He has had 4 years to see what he could do, the same time allotted to our own Randy Shannon, and in his fourth year he delivered a 6-7 record with what looks to be a top 5 draft class. If you don't believe someone with those results should be fired at Miami, i don't know what to say....

Advertisement
Back