If Miami WINS.... If Miami LOSES....

DeepEyez

Freshman
There's two sides to every coin and regardless of what people say, this game is going to be 50/50. There's only two possible outcomes. A win or a loss.

If Miami WINS...there's no reason to think they lose ANY ACC games with exception to the toss-up against Florida State. A win against Florida sets us up beautifully for a National Championship....Florida, Florida State and then Clemson in the ACCCG!

If Miami LOSES...there's NO telling how good or bad this season will be. A loss to Florida doesn't mean we can't go UNDEFEATED IN CONFERENCE PLAY!

Both Miami and Florida has questions that, for the most part, will be answered this Saturday. Regardless of what any of us think, we aren't playing Saturday...the players are. I can only think that with a win against Florida, this will give the players the confidence and momentum they need to be "BACK".

With a win, the ACC immediately has 3 National Championship contenders between Florida State, Miami, and Clemson.

If you believe that Miami will be Florida Saturday, there's no reason for you to think Miami won't be playing for a National Championship. YES I SAID IT!

:neonu: Either which way, I believe Miami has enough to go UNDEFEATED IN CONFERENCE PLAY AND END THE SEASON 12-0 OR 11-1. :neonu:

What's your take on the significance of the match-up against Florida?

Advertisement
There's two sides to every coin and regardless of what people say, this game is going to be 50/50. There's only two possible outcomes. A win or a loss.

If Miami WINS...there's no reason to think they lose ANY ACC games with exception to the toss-up against Florida State. A win against Florida sets us up beautifully for a National Championship....Florida, Florida State and then Clemson in the ACCCG!

there I fixed your POST

Just be competitive and show heart. That's all I can ask for.

this...you don't know how the season will unfold and in college football sometimes is as simple as the way the ball bounces or direction it is tipped. there is luck involved here. But what we can control here is playing with heart.

Advertisement
No. Stomp the chicken gators.

Miami has to win this game. If Florida blows us out, I expect Coach D kicking the curb at season's end.

If we lose to 2 RBs and a QB, he won't have the schemes necessary to beat more up-tempo and diversified offenses in North Carolina or Georgia Tech. Mind you, we didn't win those games last year because of our defense. Simply look at our point totals and you can see that he's been ineffective. Granted we are in Year 3, this game is going to really show Canes Fam, who we really are.

Our defense is going to have to win us this game and put Golden on the right track. It didn't take Fisch 3 years to get the offense on track, it won't take Coley to do the same...Coach D is really needs to pull a Brent Venables (Clemson) for me to believe in his ability to get a defense to play to it's potential.

Our defense need's to get off the field on 3rd down and get a coupla' turnovers. I think uf's rb's may put it on the ground a time or two especially Jones, kid may be in shape, but now he's gonna' get hit and stripped, big difference. Have to keep Driskell contained, can't allow a Vandy type run.

Offense- No turnovers, receivers catch the ball. Two things that doomed us in big games last year.

Play tough and keep it close most of the way. Want to see some heart and fight. Don't expect to win, just want to see progress. The Gates are ahead of us and will continue to be until the NCAA pulls the stopper from our recruiting. I dread an ND style beat down.

Play tough and keep it close most of the way. Want to see some heart and fight. Don't expect to win, just want to see progress. The Gates are ahead of us and will continue to be until the NCAA pulls the stopper from our recruiting. I dread an ND style beat down.

very sensible...noway UF can blow anyone out its not their DNA..unless we are really really not who we think we are..LOL

I still think Miami 31 with a D TD..late UF 16 lots of Fgs..coach D d bends does not brake...

24-16 then Driskel throws a pic 6 to ice it for us

Duke 121 on 17 carries..morris struggles with 2 picks but shows up when we need him

our new punter Pat O'donnel is the difference

Miami 31 -16

Advertisement
"this game is going to be 50/50. There's only two possible outcomes. A win or a loss."

You don't say.

I don't care about this season. We're not good enough. That will catch up to us. But if we win this game we can relentlessly mock the Gators for 20 years, or until they schedule us again.

Advertisement

+1 If it's a ND style beat down then i'll be severely disappointed.

+1 If it's a ND style beat down then i'll be severely disappointed.

If its a ND style beat down, Donna needs to get on the phone with the pirate ASAP.....

Advertisement
I am not expecting to win this one. I would be content with a close loss. I think the ACC race is more important than this game. I don't hate the Gators like a lot of other Canes fans do.

When we, not just win, but curb stomp the gators tomorrow, will all you, "I hope we can just hang in there," pusssies please try to find your ********s for the rest of the season.
And will all you shiitheads trying to pose as Canes, just leave or die?

If Miami wins, I'm celebrating.

If Florida wins, I'm buying a unicorn and ******* the tooth fairy in an uncomfortable place.

Coach D is really needs to pull a Brent Venables (Clemson) for me to believe in his ability to get a defense to play to it's potential.

LULZ. What the fck has Venables done at Clemple with more experienced talent and no sanction cloud hanging over the team?

Advertisement
Back