If Miami played LSU next weekend..

Tyler

Freshman
Rosier would get the nod.
Perry would be too much of a liability vs. LSU in an away game. I almost get nauseous feeling that way, KNOWING Rosier was such a liability for the team last season.

I was so fed up last season with Rosier, I didn't care if Deejay ran the offense out of the wildcat the entire game.

I still am not confident in Rosier, make no mistake about it. I just think that if today is any indication of what we're facing going into the Fall — Rosier less than impressive, Perry at his heels but unable to separate himself from Rosier — Rosier has to start in game 1.

If it was Bethune-Cookman, and the QB battle was this close, Miami could afford to go with Perry.

But there doesn't seem to be enough upside there to start him (AS IS) vs. LSU. I am really disgruntled even fathoming this scenario. I know how handicapped Miami is with Rosier leading the offense. If Perry can't separate from Rosier is virtually any phase of the game, that tells me all I need to know about the state of affairs with this offense.

My only hope now, is that either Perry or Williams make great strides going into the fall, and are far better than today's spring game. Ideally, I wanted Williams to redshirt. But if he shows progress, while Rosier and/or Perry remain stagnant, I say let him lead.

But right now -
Rosier 🤮😷
Perry 🤔
Williams 👶-🧒-TBD

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rick's 3rd year here and still doesn't have the QB1 figured out.

Not bashing anyone just stating the facts.
Miami had Kaaya who was serviceable at best leave for the draft early, leaving Rosier as the only viable option due to **** poor recruiting from Golden. Perry comes in and redshirts, and is JUST behind a Quarterback with 14 starts under his belt, in his fifth year.

It's not as bad as you make it sound. Perry could potentially be a much better gameday QB than Rosier. But there isn't enough there YET that warrants starting him vs LSU over Rosier. In any event, I hope Rosier and Perry both solidify the 1 and 2 spot, allowing Williams to redshirt.

Rick's 3rd year here and still doesn't have the QB1 figured out.

Not bashing anyone just stating the facts.

You're really that dumb?

You have different guys at the position every year in college.

Richt has dramatically increased the talent in the QB room from when he arrived. When you have 3 players who are very close, and 2 of them have never taken a snap, why would he declared the race over?

Advertisement
I agree. Richt likes Qbs that don't take many chances. Right now N'kosi is to inconsistent, but I think the offense actually can move when he is running it. To many times Rosier will just disappear in games and then reappear.
I would like to know how many stalled drives there were today, and what caused them? Errant throws or bad drops? Because if Perry made a good throw that was dropped, stalling a drive, that changes the dynamic completely. Same for Rosier.

So in your humble opinion Rick has QB1 figured out adequately?

I'll never understand how the standards we as fans and the program as a whole have disintegrated so shockingly over the last 15 years.

Urban Meyer hasn't decided a starter.

Does Urban not have QB1 figured out?

Advertisement
Toledo and Syracuse's QBs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ian Book.

Seriously, did you watch a single game last year?
You conveniently left off Pittsburgh. Why, because it didn't play into the point you tried to make? Those quarterbacks are playing for teams they should be playing for. Go look at their stats against a formidable opponent, and they're on par with Rosier.

Syracuse QB threw 4picks vs UM and you're saying that they almost won because of their QBs. Alright 👍

You're really that dumb?

You have different guys at the position every year in college.

Richt has dramatically increased the talent in the QB room from when he arrived. When you have 3 players who are very close, and 2 of them have never taken a snap, why would he declared the race over?

Urban Meyer hasn't decided a starter.

Does Urban not have QB1 figured out?

I don't give a fvck what Slurban Leyer does. Nice red herring though.

Maybe your screen name is preventing objectivity in your case. Or maybe you're just a ******* moran. I dunno.

I would like to know how many stalled drives there were today, and what caused them? Errant throws or bad drops? Because if Perry made a good throw that was dropped, stalling a drive, that changes the dynamic completely. Same for Rosier.
Both of them made throws that were bad. A few times WR dropped passes. One big one was Jeff Thomas who dropped a pass from Perry that may have been a TD if he had caught it an ran in. An of course Rosier missed a few as well to Lawrence Cager. The thing I noticed the most was N'kosi kept some drives alive with his feet and he was able to escape the pocket when it broke down.

Advertisement
Both of them made throws that were bad. A few times WR dropped passes. One big one was Jeff Thomas who dropped a pass from Perry that may have been a TD if he had caught it an ran in. An of course Rosier missed a few as well to Lawrence Cager. The thing I noticed the most was N'kosi kept some drives alive with his feet and he was able to escape the pocket when it broke down.
Rosier did that on drives last season too. Again, I just don't see enough separation between Perry and Rosier.

Rosier is average but Richt and the OLine don’t help. I always go back to the Syracuse game where he started off super. Everything was underneath to get him into a rhythm and then they took deep shots. Never saw that again for some reason

Advertisement
Back