If Manny leaving means...

Canesfreak89

Redshirt Freshman
That it would free up enough coaching vacancies on our staff that Richt would bring in a innovative OC would you want to take your chances trading Manny for a new DC of Richts choosing? Generally curious how everyone feels about that scenario.

Advertisement
If Patke goes with Manny that would open up our 6th assistant position again and he could use it on offense instead of Defense

I love how you jump right to the OC talk without addressing how the **** we'd replace Jonathan Patke first.

Advertisement
It's a good question as a thought exercise, but isn't it basically a Sophie's Choice? At the end of the day, it's a pointless exercise. If it takes losing Manny and Patke, keeping Jon and Searles and CMR, we're still fvcked, right?

It all still comes down to either Richt having a revelation on his own, Blake James doing his job, the BOT doing their job, or nothing changes and things continue to go downhill. Snowball running downhill is still the betting favorite.

I did address that. Patkes position is a second linebackers coach. We only need one linebackers coach and we can use that position as an o coordinator. Last year Patkes position didn’t exist on our team

I'm not talking about his position. I'm talking about the man. I'm talking about the heart and soul of this staff.

Advertisement
Agreed just curious if anyone would trade manny for a new dc and an oc.

An equal DC plus quality OC? Push Manolo (good guy) onto the train tracks.

A lesser DC and quality OC? Hmmmm..don't know...I lean no.

A lesser DC and flame out pick OC? Well, the program isn't far from Rice and SMU anyways...

Agreed just curious if anyone would trade manny for a new dc and an oc.

To actually answer your question, I think Rick has a track record of decent hires on the defensive side of the ball. I probably make that trade if I can get any type of assurances that the OC hire wouldn't be a Mike Bobo type.

Advertisement
That it would free up enough coaching vacancies on our staff that Richt would bring in a innovative OC would you want to take your chances trading Manny for a new DC of Richts choosing? Generally curious how everyone feels about that scenario.
No, Miami defense is already very good to great. Why trade for the unknown, specially with Ritch having a heavy hand on the scheme and coaches on that side

WTF are you talking about? This makes no sense.

Advertisement
WTF are you talking about? This makes no sense.
Break it down for you, if manny left and took patke with him that would open up two positions on our staff, DC and Linebacker. Those two positions could then be filled with one coach that is the DC and linebacker coach which would leave one open position that could be filled with an OC. It’s not realistic that manny leaving would suddenly make mark realize that he needs an oc just a hypothetical reuse of that extra coaching spot that was spent on the defense being used on offense instead.

Break it down for you, if manny left and took patke with him that would open up two positions on our staff, DC and Linebacker. Those two positions could then be filled with one coach that is the DC and linebacker coach which would leave one open position that could be filled with an OC. It’s not realistic that manny leaving would suddenly make mark realize that he needs an oc just a hypothetical reuse of that extra coaching spot that was spent on the defense being used on offense instead.

Right.

No, because Manny is an innovative DC.

Don’t want to trade offensive problems for defensive ones.

Advertisement
Back