If Manny is safe....

Dude

Senior
Then the right move is to open up the check book and surround Manny with talented coaches like Clemson did with Dabo.

OC/QBs: Chad Morris
OL/Run OC: Steve Addazio
DBs: T-Robb
ST: Anyone but Patke

That was a fun thought exercise... too bad Miami admin always gives the coach enough rope to hang themselves with. We know how this ends.

Advertisement
Then the right move is to open up the check book and surround Manny with talented coaches like Clemson did with Dabo.

That was a fun thought exercise... too bad Miami admin always gives the coach enough rope to hang themselves with. We know how this ends.
no ... the "right move" is to help Diaz pack his ****t and help him move out of Hecht as soon as possible .

This might be unpopular but I really didn’t think special teams were that bad.

Patke can’t force his kickers to make kicks.

Coverage units were pretty sound.
They could be better, if you talk about the kickers the SC is straight ***, but if you leave them out of the equation then they are average not only that but he coaches like 2 people, the strikers. Patke can go.

EDITED QUOTE:
This might be popular but I really didn’t think everyone on special teams except punt returning and field goals were that bad.

Patke can’t force his kickers to make kicks but he can coach them into making them more often than Baxa did.

Coverage units were ok.

ftfm

Advertisement

Miami should be more dynamic returning kicks and punts. As far as FGs go, it looks like we stuck with Baxa too long hoping he'd work through it, also we didnt do anything to protect the kickers like center the ball on 3rd down. I think a great coach has his guys mentally prepared also.

Miami should be more dynamic returning kicks and punts. As far as FGs go, it looks like we stuck with Baxa too long hoping he'd work through it, also we didnt do anything to protect the kickers like center the ball on 3rd down. I think a great coach has his guys mentally prepared also.

You need groceries to make a meal.

We don’t have elite returners or a decent kicker.

I think Patke is the least of our issues.

Advertisement
You need groceries to make a meal.

We don’t have elite returners or a decent kicker.

I think Patke is the least of our issues.

Outside of FG kicking our ST’s weren’t awful. But that’s just it, we want them to be great like they used to be. “Not awful” isn’t cutting it anymore.

I also don’t think Patke is a bad coach I just don’t think he’s worth being one of 10 on field guys when he coaches one position and islesrning on the job as ST coach. He also hasn’t shown any juice on the trail.

Advertisement
I’m conflicted.

On one hand, I want Diaz gone.

On the other, it’s been shown that elite coordinators can drag subpar HC to great results.

And Diaz isn’t getting canned now.
If you want to start in reality Manny is the HC next year. Speculate on others as I will but unless Manny leaves like Richt did........

Advertisement
I’m conflicted.

On one hand, I want Diaz gone.

On the other, it’s been shown that elite coordinators can drag subpar HC to great results.

And Diaz isn’t getting canned now.
Great point. ASU has shown that when you actually do your homework and get copitient assistants you get great results. They are cleaning out the staff from the previous staff and continuing to upgrade am already pretty good staff. ASU is going to be dangerous moving forward. They are getting even better today.

That last part is the part that ****es me off. Why wait. There is a million excuses you can make for Manny. There is no excuse for the Georgia Tech FIU North Carolina or Duke loses. Wasn't talent. Wasn't culture. It was coaching. Man consistent lost to inferior teams. Duke had a 4 or 5 game loosing streak if I'm not mistaken. All those teams had less talent but better coaches. **** Central Michigan let us all down and lost that game. We may be looking for the right coach right now. Only draw back of firing him is this recruiting class. Other than that...

Made a thread about this a while back and got negged to oblivion. But it’s true. We weren’t elite in that department, but the unit wasn’t a liability.

Advertisement
Back