If it makes you happy, Fsus recruiting about be a lot worse then ours.

Is this real? He has had a total of 3 winning season (USF 8-5, 10-2 and 7-5 at Oregon) . He is 52-57 and 0-1 in bowl games coached. Richt is a winning coach from "the hardest" conference in college football. He hasnt been good here, but I'm willing to give him 1 more year with changes being made.

It has been one off year. Yes very horrible, but still one off year. He got us our first bowl game win in who knows how long. Had a great recruiting class last year. Won Walter Camp Coach of the Year. Got us to be ranked #2 in the country last year with a baseball player at QB. Beat FSU twice now when the vast majority of people around here complaining said that is the only thing they want at some point. What are people talking about not good here? The drama around here is over the top.

Advertisement
It has been one off year. Yes very horrible, but still one off year. He got us our first bowl game win in who knows how long. Had a great recruiting class last year. Won Walter Camp Coach of the Year. Got us to be ranked #2 in the country last year with a baseball player at QB. Beat FSU twice now when the vast majority of people around here complaining said that is the only thing they want at some point. What are people talking about not good here? The drama around here is over the top.

I should have went with great. I’m okay with him here as long as things turn back around. I’m a realist. Our 2017 and our 2018 season where a mirror minus instead of winning the one score games we lost them. Over time that will play out that way. Hope he isn’t to stubborn to figure out what needs to change for those games not to be 1 score

His offense was ranked 93rd in the country, 108th in passing yards all while playing in the weakest division in all of P5 conferences.....he has the 39th ranked recruiting class. It wasn’t just a bad season it was a historically bad season all things considered. If he got rid of our WOAT QB coach and OL coach and hired a legit Oc I would give him another year or two. You can’t have a season/recruiting class like this and make no changes, you realize that right ?

No...it doesn't make me happy that FSU's class is worse than ours. I'm focused on our class and how good it should be, especially on offense. This is the type of class where, even after a 7-5 season, we should be putting some major distance between us and FSU. The fact that we couldn't capitalize on one of their down years with a successful one of our own ******* sucks.

While I'm happy that FSU is sucking it up right now, their 5-7 doesn't make our 7-5 look any better...same goes for their recruiting class being worse than ours...which technically at this point...it's not. They're 2nd in the ACC to Clemson per 24/7 and we're 4th (behind NC State).

Advertisement
His offense was ranked 93rd in the country, 108th in passing yards all while playing in the weakest division in all of P5 conferences.....he has the 39th ranked recruiting class. It wasn’t just a bad season it was a historically bad season all things considered. If he got rid of our WOAT QB coach and OL coach and hired a legit Oc I would give him another year or two. You can’t have a season/recruiting class like this and make no changes, you realize that right ?

This is fair. Let's be real...Richt isn't going anywhere, nor should he at this point. But this is very valid post. I'm not sure at any other program that claims to be at or near the top, a season could go this bad after those expectations and absolutely nothing changes. No one else would do that. I don't care what the change even is. You just have to change something. You can't be ranked preseason #8 and then lose 4 straight games to middle of the road ACC teams and just change nothing. You can't do that and then out of the other side of your mouth say you're a big time football program committed to winning at all costs.

I hope we get a new QB coach and a new OL coach as well. I really don't know if we will or if he gives them more time. Nothing I can do can change that. So I can be miserable and mope around over thing I can't change or just be hopeful and happier that things will improve and we will build off of last year more than this year.

Either way neither you nor I am changing things be either being hopeful or being miserable. To me life is too short to keep yourself upset over things you can't change.

Lingard has an elite skill set...an NFL skill set.....Crowley while I believe he is good is not a better back than Nyquan Wright 2019, Chaney 20 or Amari Daniels in 21
L-O-L at Crowley isn't better than Wright.

We lost several 3 stars who are replaceable , Crowley, Nunn , Good ,Kingsley and Tarquin are not impact type recruits . We will get our oline recruits this is just shaking out. FSU has 2 scholly qbs , Rumor is Francios is done there. Now there 4 star quarterback is wavering and is probably gone. There ol is garbage, They have nobody on the horizon, Charles Cross was there best ol recruit he decommitted. Wait till Dent flips either to Alabama or Georgia. They a total disaster. Howell, Cross and probably Dent are impact recruits.

They are still a top 15 recruiting class. How bad do they have to be to drop below 25?

Advertisement
They are still a top 15 recruiting class. How bad do they have to be to drop below 25?

Lot of their kids are shaky at the moment. Howell, Dent, Jay, Lucas, Cross, Fuller, Deloach....I'm not sure anyone would be shocked if any of those kids flipped.

Their offensive class is about as bad as Miami's at the moment too. Although they do have a QB who I really like committed...at least for now. But they have 3 offensive kids committed, Miami has 2. Howell (QB), Goolsby from STA (WR), and Lucas. Dat be it.

Advertisement
Back