If I'm the coach of a major program why would I want a satellite campus at my school?

FIU as a progrum might feel like that.

Butch Davis the God doesn't. Guaranteed.

Every progrum in the country recruits SoFla even the putahs from Utah. It's not a big secret where all the talent is.

Butch Davis the Football God is dead. In his place stands an impostor: cORCH dAVIS, FIU corch. I know this because cORCH dAVIS retweets nine-year-old videos of a TY Hilton TD return against Alabaga from a game FIU lost 40-14, and the real Butch Davis would never debase himself that way.

Advertisement
Has nothing to do with UM. Has been going on in s.fla for the last decade. Happens at FAU as well. It gets some of the other big dog recruits to show...which in turn brings higher level prospects for FIU from those kids schools. **** I remember UM coaches at a FAMU satellite camp a few years ago in Miramar. Also some of the coaching staffs may have connections so...FIU isn't recruiting the same kids as Oklahoma, Um, Penn State, it aint affecting them at all.

Thing is...we need to be setting up shop with GA STATE, TULANE, AND SMU.
Yup add Georgia Southern and Southern Miss to that last.

Butch will happily take the scraps that fall off Oklahoma’s table.

Getting these kids in and familiar with the coaches and campus will the hopes of landing some of “the best of the rest” isn’t a bad plan.
He is a bottom feeder.

I would partner with Richt........ Keep the other schools out of Florida. When UM defines its Board, maybe host a camp with secondary players. Inviting PSU and Oklahoma to Miami is not going to endear yourself to the Hurricanes!

Why would Miami partner with FIU? There's nothing in it for us. OK or another out of state school makes sense, but not Miami.

Butch's actions are designed to damage the "U". Partnering with Oklahoma is a tacit endorsement of the Sooners football program. Some claim that Butch is doing this hoping to sign the players Oklahoma is not interested in, but that means they would have been available to FIU even if the Sooners didn't partner with them. My take-away is Butch has lowered himself to being nothing more than Oklahoma's South Florida recruiting arm at the expense of the Canes. And his motivation is malice.

Butch made one of college football's most egregious career choices when bolting from the Canes and signing with the Browns. And now he has made yet another blindingly stupid decision that will not be lost on future potential employers. Sadly, proving once again, there is no cure for dumb!

Advertisement
I understand everything everyone is saying and obviously FAU has been doing this nonsense for a while but:

- Can you imagine UAB doing this?

- Wasn't Butch the master recruiter/diamond in the rough finder/sage of South Florida? Why does he NEED to do this? At the end of the day he's no better than a clown like Kiffin with no previous ties here or the bums that preceded him then.

- We absolutely should team up with a Pac 32 school and do this in Texas, Louisiana or Georgia then. Like I said, let's see if those communities embrace it.

- Lastly (and again), if Butch wants to facilitate the presence of out of state powers down here even more than they already are then we absolutely need to facilitate his national embarrassment in Sept. I'm talking about passing on 4th down late while up 56 points. I'm talking fake punts. I'm talking onside kicks. I'm talking absolutely no mercy.

The last time we did an onside kick it didn’t go well on this board

I'd be curious to know which schools you think would be willing to invite Miami to come to their campus and participate in a camp.
Georgia Southern, North Texas, Rutgers, Rice, Old Dominion .....That plants the flag in Georgia, Texas, NJ and Urban Virginia......

Ok in fiu example I understand but in our example I don't see the benefit.

Example a

School a = Fiu aka - ****** school camp turnout would be terrible........ by inviting school b aka Oklahoma or schools with more name recognition like Oklahoma they increase the number of high school athletes that'll attend their camp. This scenario makes sense.

Example b

Miami has great name recognition we're inviting temple and southern miss for what?

A chance to put them on our schedule as a patsy free win later on? Definitely not helping us to from a turnout standpoint is it?

In your Example B, Miami is helping expose kids to schools who may not have seen them otherwise. I think in any scenario, if you can expose those kids to as many colleges as possible without having to leave their home, it's a win/win. USM or Temple may notice a kid that fits their needs and jumpstart his recruitment.

Where's Butch s best friend orlandocane at.don't know why Butch and fiu are running a camp with ou but this could be one.Butch has family ties to the state of ok.both Butch and Coker back in mid 70s were high school coaches in ok Coker went to Tulsa university and Butch to ok st when they hired jj in 79 as head coach.then both worked at ok st. Together under jj.when jj got Miami job Coker stayed at ok st and Butch came with jj.

Advertisement
I don't know why folks are commenting on butch..when fiu has been doing this 5plus years with no affect to um. This was being done b4 butch.

I'd be curious to know which schools you think would be willing to invite Miami to come to their campus and participate in a camp.

But it's the same mentality as FIU using OU. Find a Big 10 area school and get linemen for example. OU is at FIU looking for skill players in a recruiting hotbed.

But it's the same mentality as FIU using OU. Find a Big 10 area school and get linemen for example. OU is at FIU looking for skill players in a recruiting hotbed.

It seems I look at it differently than most, I can't fathom any school inviting Miami to their camp due to the concern that Miami will poach the best kids there.

Advertisement
It seems I look at it differently than most, I can't fathom any school inviting Miami to their camp due to the concern that Miami will poach the best kids there.

But not if they are players who would not come in the first place lacking a major program presence. I think the advantage is a kid who over values himself thinking he can land Miami or OU offers goes to a nearby camp and then does not land the marquee offer.

But not if they are players who would not come in the first place lacking a major program presence. I think the advantage is a kid who over values himself thinking he can land Miami or OU offers goes to a nearby camp and then does not land the marquee offer.

Excellent point, I didn't look at it like that.

Yup humble yourself real quick! When you find out you're just not that good.

Advertisement
I think you misunderstood my response. I meant that Miami would never bring in schools that are on par with them that's why they "allowed" Temple and Southern Miss in. In essence they're not a threat to us, fiu is bringing in schools that can easily get any kid fiu wants without even really trying.

It’d be more like Miami staff going to a camp at Tulane to get a better look at Louisiana players.

Also, thread suggests FIU is a major program. LOL

It’d be more like Miami staff going to a camp at Tulane to get a better look at Louisiana players.

Also, thread suggests FIU is a major program. LOL
Agreed with the bold part. LSU would find some way to block Tulane from doing that.

You guys are lucky caneinorlando retired from CiS Monday evening. He would be appalled by the nonsense being spewed about his friend of 24 years.

CAM.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back