If, iF, IF, we beat VT, UNC can we beat FSU

Advertisement
VT is gonna lose at Pitt tonight so you may want to re-evaluate how impressive beating them would actually be.

Exactly, before the season I went potato and said we could win 10 this year, I was admittedly drink too much kool aid. Regardless the talent is there to beat everybody on our schedule sans the Noles. Talent, not coaching though. VT isn't good this year, they actually haven't been that good for a couple of years. They still show up in games here and there but they have been dropping games they should win routinely the past couple years, something uncharacteristic of a Beamer team. I personally think Beamer is washed up and done. This is really shaping up to be very similar to 2010, a talented squad that just can't get it together. Also the my term 'talented' is relative to the times. This isn't a talented squad by our prominent history's standards, this is a talented team in regards to our recent history and the state of the ACC…….

VT is gonna lose at Pitt tonight so you may want to re-evaluate how impressive beating them would actually be.

Pitt has a pretty solid club with a premier RB and premier WR in Boyd. I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Flubberneck's team. My question is would VT be more likely to beat us after a win tonight or a loss tonight. If VT loses tonight, they will either be foaming at the mouth to beat us next week, or they might pack it in for the season. I don't know.

Some of you guys musta found a old stash of these

3aa539b64bddeae609742725459ba3cb.image.157x150.gif

Pitt has a pretty solid club with a premier RB and premier WR in Boyd. I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Flubberneck's team. My question is would VT be more likely to beat us after a win tonight or a loss tonight. If VT loses tonight, they will either be foaming at the mouth to beat us next week, or they might pack it in for the season. I don't know.

Been debating that myself. My guess is that they actually show up against us. Or we play down to a level that makes it appear as though they showed up. Although one would think with all this extra prep time for us for that game....oh wait.

Advertisement
Why, I never thought of that!

I see what you're talking about! Hey, if we beat GT, then win out for the rest of the season, we'll probably never lose another game until 2030!

I see the connection!

Been debating that myself. My guess is that they actually show up against us. Or we play down to a level that makes it appear as though they showed up. Although one would think with all this extra prep time for us for that game....oh wait.

The key to extra prep time is that you can't have too much extra prep time.

When have you ever seen a VT team pack it in?

Advertisement

Pitt is crap. They lost to Akron and needed a big rally to beat FIU. They're crap at it's finest. That said, they can very well beat VT, and us too.

Pitt is crap. They lost to Akron and needed a big rally to beat FIU. They're crap at it's finest. That said, they can very well beat VT, and us too.

I wouldn't say they're substantially worse than any other team in our cesspool of a division. They did beat BC and BC beat USC and USC beat Stanford and Arizona.....see what I did there?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back