If I had to hire an assistant coach as HC.....

Why is UM limited to $3M/year? Is it part of our ncaa sanctions?

LOL.
Not sure.
It's a question to be asked to the UM folks who decide on budget.
But the way this school has acted since I've been following them for almost
40 years is not to spend too much money on the football program.
And look at the way they are acting right now, very reluctant to fire a failed coach
probably because of money.
Until their actions change dramatically, I have doubts about UM spending to
win.

If UM doesn't want to spend, then they might as well just shut it down. Michigan never wanted to spend money on football coaches either. Now, they're paying top dollar for Harbaugh because they got desperate and got tired of being worked over by little brother, Michigan State, and their boss, Ohio Taint.

Either UM will commit to hiring a top HC, or they should just shut it the fck down. This bargain basement **** ain't cutting it in this era.

In agreement.
But I'm in Missouri ("Show me") mode right now until otherwise proven wrong.
Historically speaking, there is nothing, nothing, in whatever UM has done that they are committed
to having an elite program.
Notice I said elite program, and not necessarily hiring a big-name coach.
I am talking about doing whatever it takes to get that sort of coach on campus.
I am not holding my breath.

I don't blame you. I have lost all respect for UM because of the way they've blundered this Folden fiasco. I think they're a bunch of worthless, weak *****.

My point is that they CAN spend and compete if they wanted to. My point wasn't that they would do that. And if they're not going to do that, then they might as well fck off and not even bother. I'm not interested in replacing Folden with another version of Folden.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back