If I had to hire an assistant coach as HC.....

MedleyCane

Senior
I would seriously consider this guy....

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ed_warinner_791596.html

** comes from the Mount Union/Larry Kehres coaching tree
** has coached for Kehres, Nick Saban, Fisher DeBerry, Mark Mangino, Brian Kelly and now Urban
Meyer
** has coached Oline, DLine, RBs, LB, DBs throughout his career
** exposure to different styles of offenses at Mount Union, Army, Airforce, Kansas, NLame, OS*

Nice resume.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
I like it. He may not be my first choice but he's probably more than capable and his resume' is strong. I've said this before, Miami doesn't need a Nick Saban to be successful. A competent coach who evaluate talent, put in a system that works, and manage the program will do great here due to the amount of local talent in the area. If this guy came to Miami, I think he would do fine.

why not their OC, Tom Herman? He's 39 and has had a meteoric rise. I don't know if he is ready to take on a HC at a major D1 program but I'd take a look at him if we had to go this route.

Advertisement
why not their OC, Tom Herman? He's 39 and has had a meteoric rise. I don't know if he is ready to take on a HC at a major D1 program but I'd take a look at him if we had to go this route.

A good name.
But he just took the UofHouston job.
He is a good one, and if he keeps holdover DC David Gibbs, they will be good to go.

Advertisement
If we're going for an assistant my #1 pick would be Lane Kiffen. He has the Miami "us against the world" mentality that made us so good. He would absolutely kill it recruiting south Florida. I think he was fired from USC unfairly, they were doing good under sanctions on the recruiting front and still winning. Plus he's been sabanized now.

coaching with "the guy" doesnt make you as qualified, look at the assitants that failed when they left bill belicheck over the years

Advertisement
How many here would hire a 33 year old head coach with minimal experience as a college assistant mostly losing and who has very limited but winning experience as a DB coach in the NFL?

The Coach to bring in is Ed Orgeron..

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/coaches/ed-orgeron/

he was the defensive line coach at Miami for 4 seasons (1989-92), where he coached 8 All-Americans, including NFL first rounders Cortez Kennedy, Russell Maryland and Warren Sapp. In 1988, he was a graduate assistant at Miami, working with the defensive line. During his tenure, the Hurricanes won the national championship twice (1989 and 1991), finished second in the AP poll once (1988) and third twice (1990 and 1992) while appearing in 5 New Year's Day bowls (1989 Orange, 1990 Sugar, 1991 Cotton, 1992 Orange, 1993 Sugar).

Advertisement
Uh, yeah, Urban Meyer is very realistic.

Let's add Harbaugh and Saban to the wish list while we're at it.

LOL.

No more assistants.

You'd think everyone done had a bellyful of that stupidity.

So what established/elite head-coach would you have in mind?
And don't say Butch because it won't happen.

Schiano?
Who else?

If Butch were a pipe dream. And it isn't.

With a budget of $3M/yr

Kyle Whittingham
Rich Rod
Chud
Rex Ryan
Schiano
Tuberville
Orgeron
****, Bob Stoops could be available after yesterday hahaha

Advertisement
Back