If Hurts comes, does Williams bolt?

I would love for Williams and Weldon to stay but at the end of the day. If they leave they leave.

With Enos coaching the position. I finally feel like we will see them QBU days again.
But for How long. He won't be here long. Manny needs to look forward knowing if he proves he's worth in Miami he will get the Head Coach job he wants

Advertisement
He'd be dumb to considering we've just hired a QB whisperer as our OC, but who knows with kids these days.

He's going to leave If hurts comes

He already tried to run from competition and that was before he was guaranteed to sit

If we get Martell and hurts then Perry weldon and Williams are all gone and I wouldn't blame them and I'd be ecstatic

Needs more competition and even though I think he can get it done if he's afraid of competition then dip can't be scared

As a CEO of Team Jarren Williams your lying to yourselves if you think it would be a fair competition. DUdes QB coach coming along with him this would be team Jalen and you know it. I hope he doesn't leave, but Jalen Hurts should be the starter if he comes here. I hope Team Jarren Williams would be understanding of this and I hope coach makes him 2nd team and allow him to play

Yes. If Williams steps back and looks at the big picture he will realize it’s in his best interests. I am a big Williams fan too. He needs to go into this winter-spring with the attitude he arrived with last January, not the attitude he developed last fall.

I would hope that Enos would be able to work soMe playing time for JW the same way they got Hurts into the game at bama. Give him game experience over the course of the season- exactly what he didn’t get from the other staff.

Idk anything for sure but I think the only scenario that may cause JW to leave would be us bringing in not only Hurts but someone like Martell at the same time. I dont even think Plumlee would be as much of an issue.

Advertisement
As a CEO of Team Jarren Williams your lying to yourselves if you think it would be a fair competition. DUdes QB coach coming along with him this would be team Jalen and you know it. I hope he doesn't leave, but Jalen Hurts should be the starter if he comes here. I hope Team Jarren Williams would be understanding of this and I hope coach makes him 2nd team and allow him to play
Hurts has the leg up because he's more mature and polished at this stage of his career.

It'd be an open competition though - if Williams is as good as his fans think he is, he'll push for playing time. Playing time has to be earned, not given.

When Richt was still here, Jarren's transfer rumors went rampant. You had to assume he stayed because he knew he would compete for the starting job vs Kosi. If he wins it which he prob had a great chance, he obv stays and if he loses, he's prob out

Now the coaching staff has turned upside down, who knows what he thinks. I have a hard time thinking he'll be fine to sit behind a Hurts (if we get him) for a year just to have a chance to compete for the job in 2020, but who knows maybe he'll bond with Diaz/Enos.

On one hand it sucks because the kid seems to have **** good potential. On the other hand, this whole is about to look different with Diaz/Enos including our QB room with grad transfers and new recruits (hoping for Plumlee and Hurts/Martell which COMPLETELY changes our QB situation and need for Jarren/Kosi/Weldon). If Jarren doesnt want to or cant compete then it is that it is

Advertisement
What you see happening with Qbs on the transfer portal is the new normal. If Williams decides to leave the his right and we will find a replacement.

All these cats on here talking about he can dip if he's scared of competition. Whose to say he would be given the opportunity to compete as shown in the past. Whose to say Hurts is going to light it up at Miami w/out the oLine of Bama and 4/ 5* at every skill position. Will Jalen earn the job or be given the job? Are we so dumbfounded to let a kid walk for a 1 yr rental that might yield anywhere from 7-10 wins? Are we expecting to make a big jump to the playoffs with Jalen behind center. The same Jalen i seen in the seccg vs UGA is the same one that came in late in the natty; 1 good outing as a complete qb is not anything to be going crazy over. Yeah he's 26-2, that's with a championship built team not a team trying to rise up.
Just last year JW was the savior now some who were his head cheerlearder say he can bolt if Jalen comes. Just sitting back reading these posts and smh. We suppose to be building our team up to compete with the elites not looking for instant gratification with a 1yr rental.
If Jalen comes he comes, but why are we sacrificing our future for him so easily.

Last edited:
That’s not something Diaz can worry about. We need to add quality competition to the QB room and if Williams can’t accept that then peace!
Unfortunately, the new transfer portal makes it much easier for players to avoid competition. Although we've benefited from it as much as anyone.

Advertisement
I think if hurts comes then perry leaves right away. And if we get Tate to come then jarren leaves. I would take hurts and Tate over perry and jarren any day. Reset the qb room. I do think jarren can be great but nobody really knows... If u go by high school career alone.. Tate was national player of the year by three different media outlets. So in potential alone Tate > Williams.

He's going to leave If hurts comes

He already tried to run from competition and that was before he was guaranteed to sit

If we get Martell and hurts then Perry weldon and Williams are all gone and I wouldn't blame them and I'd be ecstatic
he didn't run from competition, he ran from incompetence and inequality and negligence (richt). he didnt get a fair chance to play here and never got some good playing time when there was an opportunity to get some.

any QB would be stupid to transfer now considering the change of environment we now have.

Advertisement
Even if Hurts is a near-lock no reason Williams can’t take the backup job from Perry. I agree Kosi jumps into the portal if Hurts chooses the Canes. Maybe Weldon as well, although he may be content with a 3rd team/scout team role.

Maybe we get lucky and Enos’ work with Hurts and Tua convinces the current QB room to stay and compete. Perry and Williams still have a lot of untapped potential.

If Jarren Williams transfers, he might be running from the best QB coach in the country. People with any sense should talk him out of that decision.

Advertisement
Back