If Hurts comes, does Williams bolt?

As a CEO of Team Jarren Williams your lying to yourselves if you think it would be a fair competition. DUdes QB coach coming along with him this would be team Jalen and you know it. I hope he doesn't leave, but Jalen Hurts should be the starter if he comes here. I hope Team Jarren Williams would be understanding of this and I hope coach makes him 2nd team and allow him to play

Advertisement
Jarren needs to be coached up. New OC can do this. So what if Hurts comes and beats him out. As mentioned in this thread, he could still start 2-3 years. Unless he improved a lot since HS, he's not near ready. Not a cut to the kid. He certainly has potential, but on the up and up, he's not in Fields or Trevor's class. Not even Fromm's Can he be? IDK. I hope so. Did he get better under the Rick's. Again, IDK, but odds are low. Hope he stays and competes and learns.

Don’t want him to leave but ultimately I don’t want any QB on the team that’s scared of competition. It would be foolish for him to leave. If he doesn’t beat out Hurts then he sits and learns a year if he leaves he sits out a year. Either way is a year.

Advertisement
he'd be dumb to leave w enos here. if he leaves bc we signed another QB, so be it. you cant go in with 2 functional QBs on the roster and one of the 2 is close to being booted

Advertisement
Stop getting attached to specific QB's may the best man win. I was a kosi Stan and when he screwed up many times Im off till he proves otherwise. Let the best man win

Advertisement
If Hurts comes to Miami, I'd like to see the coaches commit to giving JW playing time. If he gets some legit playing time and can see that the coaches have a plan to bring him along, then he may be willing to stick around. It comes down to trust. How many times did Richt imply JW might receive some playing time this year and then it never happened?

Advertisement
As a CEO of Team Jarren Williams your lying to yourselves if you think it would be a fair competition. DUdes QB coach coming along with him this would be team Jalen and you know it. I hope he doesn't leave, but Jalen Hurts should be the starter if he comes here. I hope Team Jarren Williams would be understanding of this and I hope coach makes him 2nd team and allow him to play

Vern you seen Williams before?

I like the kid I think he has tools. Did he have other schools besides UK talking to him heavy? Offensive Powerhouses?

I can’t remember.

If Hurts comes to Miami, I'd like to see the coaches commit to giving JW playing time. If he gets some legit playing time and can see that the coaches have a plan to bring him along, then he may be willing to stick around. It comes down to trust. How many times did Richt imply JW might receive some playing time this year and then it never happened?

Are you serious?

This is why I hate those participation trophies.

They've ruined sports. Everyone now feels that even without any effort or skills they deserve to be on the field same as those who've earned their position. Just so their feelings won't be hurt. JW may have skills BUT he hasn't earned a position.

Its not mandatory that any player be GIVEN playing time except maybe in PeeWee football where the child's incessant crying and your neighbors kids mother's nonstop begging play a large role.

I really don't care if one or some of our current QBs tranfers if we get in a quality transfer

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back