If Hurts comes, does Williams bolt?

Hope the kid stays to get coached up by a REAL QB coach so he can come in and lead us the next three years.

But Manny can’t be worried about his feelings and definitely can’t trust his first season on an untested QB no matter how good he’s supposed to be.

Advertisement
Maybe Hurts can teach him a thing or two about being a man and not some emo mope.

He could easily start next year still with Hurts here, and worst case as a RS Sophomore under the coaching of one of the best. Whoever is 3rd or 4th QB fine transfer but if you're next man up... well...man up..

It is what it is . What Dabo tell Kelly Bryant, this ain’t middle school .

And at this point Williams is nothing but a 4 star ranking right now. Has proven nothing on the field

Would hate to see him leave but if he does then oh well. He has to see the big picture in that if Hurts comes it’s as a one year stop gap and the bus would be his as a RS-Soph and he’d have a year in the system. It would be a short sighted move by Williams but it’s his decision at the end of the day.

Advertisement
Let's hope not. I don't the sense Williams want to leave right now. I think it's the people around Williams.

Only at Miami do parent tell their kids to run at the first sign of adversity.

I don't like guys who haven't earned anything bolting at the first sign of competition, especially at QB. If you're not willing to fight for your spot what kind of competitor are you?

I get that there's a limited amount of time to play but he's young and Hurts is a one year rental. Earn it when he leaves. Better yet, beat him for his spot.

Advertisement
Why is it now the cool thing to call it the “QB room” around here? That phrase had not been uttered until recently, and now everyone seems like they have to use it.

Williams has four years of eligibility and Hurts has one. Jarren could start as an RS sophomore.

Who asks questions like this?

Advertisement
To be honest, I don’t see if Hurst comes he doesn’t beat out N’Kosi or Williams as the starter. It could happen but with his familiarity with what Enos likes to do on offense, he’s already working at an advantage. THAT being said, I think JW should stay and have a full year of developmental tutelage under Enos. His first year under Jon Richt, you can call that a dumpster year. A year under a REAL QB coach where he can grow and learn would probably be the smarter option. He’d still have two years left of eligibility. Plus with Hurts mentoring him on how to be a winner and leader, it’s a win win. IF he’s serious about being a real QB at this level. We’ll see.

Last edited:
I’d love to get Hurts and Martel. Assuming Hurts would win the starting position for 2019, Martel and Williams battle to see who is the guy for 2020.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There will be 4 & 5* QBs showing up every year on the portal. I think I read that 40% of all 5* qbs transfer

I hope not but if so so be it . We will bring in Hurts and 1 more Qb . Perry is gone IMO and if the others dont like competition so be it.

Advertisement
Back