If Golden refuses to make staff changes...

Never underestimate the dumbness of the smartest people. You can be smart and do dumb things. Such as doing the same thing over and over. I think Golden has arrogance and elitist attitudes and its serving him bad. He should have got rid of No D and adopted a more Miami cultured defense without his input. Its that simple. Its been what we have been running forever. I don't know if he's trying to get fired....but he doesn't want to be here and its not just Pedo St. He was spent after they gave him the middle finger. There was no winning this season. But his rep is getting worse has we had so many televised games for people to see just how inept he is. He will lose 7 games next season and be canned. Only delaying the inevitable.

How do you know he doesn't want to be here? Sounds like pure speculation of a frustrated fan base. I am sure there are other jobs he would rather have but I don't doubt for a minute that he isn't giving 100%. It's in his and D'Nos financial and professional interest to succeed here. The idea of him wanting to get fired to collect a payout is simply illogical.
Shut the **** up dude. You are acting like your getting information directly from Golden. There is something called body language and something called tone. And both of those have been **** poor since he got turned down for Pedo St. He even refuses to even talk about it.....he may burst into tears if he does. And look no furthur than the recruiting trail. Its as cold as Alaska and people used to say how hard and relentless he was on the trail. Don't ask me nonesense again. You come here as the great defender of the douche. Golden doesn't want to be here and neither does his broad. Get over it, its more when than if at this point.

I think most people can safely deduce that Al simply has not had his heart in this thing since he was rejected for the PSU job…his dream job. Yes, it is speculation but I am willing to bet that he had visions of running out with his team in Happy Valley. I think most people have underestimated the psychological trauma he must have sustained after being rebuffed. He was a subpar coach before that incident. Now, he is a subpar coach who is half-heartedly invested in his current gig. It's a toxic situation and the only true victims are the student athletes and the fans.

Advertisement
I think Golden actually thinks he's better than what he is. That's why he won't fire anybody. He really doesn't have a plan in place nor is he able to change and evolve as a coach. That's the sign of a **** poor coach.

I disagree. The problem is not that he doesn't have a plan.
The problem is that he is unwilling to deviate from his plan.Call
him stubborn if you want but he is a very organized dude.
It's binder or bust. There is no binder #2.
I am willing to bet that there is a section on
perseverance in the face of negativity in that thing.

That's what I memat when I said he will not change or evolve. What I should have said to be more clearer to some is he has no back up plan. I didn't want to use that term in football cuz I believe if your plan is good enough you only have to deviate from it a lil bit.

Golden has been a complete failure and basically refuses to change. It's either he refuses to change or can't. Either way it's a very poor coaching attribute.

Sorry but this makes no sense. Golden is in his mid 40s not mid 60s 5 million ain't **** and won't last him more than 10 years max. He'd make way more money by turning UM back into a winning program. I am sure that is what his main priority is right now. All this talk of him wanting to get fired to collect a miniscule 5 million is just uninformed fan base poppy ****.

His main priority is salvaging his coaching career. I think he wants out but he can't quit. It will look worse than getting fired.

If he gets fired, he can claim he was unjustly fired because of "the cloud" and also collect a cool five million.

I think he knows he can't win at Miami. That's why he, according to sources, has been secretly looking for another job, and not-so-secretly pushed for the State Penn job.

Like I said, this is fan base make up stuff. Penn State is Al's Alma mater it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why he would go after that job. It was known the day he was hired that he could leave for the Penn State job when Jo Pa retired. I am sure AL thinks he can win at Miami it's our fan base that believes otherwise.

People are making up stuff and speculating here every single day and then believing the stuff they make up.

Al can think all he wants, the proof is in the lack of HIS performance as the head man of the Miami Football program. But hey, using your logic...

- The 6-7 record in year four is "Fan Base Poppy"

- The disaster which is this year's recruiting class is "Fan Base Poppy"

- The game plans for the last four games were "Fan Base Poppy"

- Al disappearing on the administration and RECRUITS at the begining of this year is "Fan Base Poppy"

-Al not showing up to promote the program on contracted events such as "Hurricane Hotline" is "Fan Base Poppy"

Got plenty more slurper, your move.

Golden-Al-1987-1987-Red-Bank-Catholic-School-Yearbook-Coach-Al-Golden-268x394-jpg.jpg

Advertisement
Sorry but this makes no sense. Golden is in his mid 40s not mid 60s 5 million ain't **** and won't last him more than 10 years max. He'd make way more money by turning UM back into a winning program. I am sure that is what his main priority is right now. All this talk of him wanting to get fired to collect a miniscule 5 million is just uninformed fan base poppy ****.

His main priority is salvaging his coaching career. I think he wants out but he can't quit. It will look worse than getting fired.

If he gets fired, he can claim he was unjustly fired because of "the cloud" and also collect a cool five million.

I think he knows he can't win at Miami. That's why he, according to sources, has been secretly looking for another job, and not-so-secretly pushed for the State Penn job.

Like I said, this is fan base make up stuff. Penn State is Al's Alma mater it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why he would go after that job. It was known the day he was hired that he could leave for the Penn State job when Jo Pa retired. I am sure AL thinks he can win at Miami it's our fan base that believes otherwise.

People are making up stuff and speculating here every single day and then believing the stuff they make up.

AL might think he can win here but this says otherwise...not the fan base.
"Golden has lost 11 of his last 19 games, including nine losses by double digits and seven losses against unranked opponents."

People need to realize that James is powerless to force Golden to do anything. If he even attempted to give Golden an ultimatum related to firing assistants, Golden would happily call his bluff. Al knows the BOT does not want to make a move until after the new president is in place nor do they want to pay the buyout this year so his job is 100% safe at the moment.

Last edited:
The OP's premise is flawed. To refuse to do something means someone will have actually asked you to do something. Anyone really think that Flake has even the ovaries to do so or that anyone above him cares/knows enough to request a token staff change? The only reason Slappy did this is because he actually feared for his job and had a much smaller buyout while Paul Dee also occasionally liked to pretend he was a real AD and not just some Gata lawyer with health issues trying to avoid Tony Hernandez ever requesting a paternity test.

Stop this nonsense. I do not support the retention of coach Golden as the Miami head coach, but he is not trying to get himself fired. That's just silly talk.

Advertisement
If the buyout due to the extension is too large, UM should go after Shalala for it.

Or make up for it by hiring a new coach who doesn't have a buyout to pay from another school (UF-CSU)

Like Butch Davis

Or Chud, Schiano, Whittingham

I need to know because you bring it up constantly, is Schiano a serious name you would consider?

He wouldn't be at top of list. But I don't think anyone who we'd have to pay an additional buyout for is a possibility. I'd rank

Butch
Whittingham
Chud
Schiano

And I'd lower Schiano depending on recent nfl guys getting fired

he is not trying to get himself fired. That's just silly talk.

If he can walk away w/ $5 million while "stepping down to deal w/ a family illness", he saves face while getting paid.

It's well known his wife hates it here.. Why not walk away, enjoy life for a few years, use that gift of gab to earn a pay check in front of a camera for a while.. and then go coach again up North at a smaller profile school?

The OP's premise is flawed. To refuse to do something means someone will have actually asked you to do something. Anyone really think that Flake has even the ovaries to do so or that anyone above him cares/knows enough to request a token staff change?

The reason I brought it up is because an influential BoT member was quoted in the Miami Herald a few weeks ago as wanting Al Golden to make staff changes.

The OP's premise is flawed. To refuse to do something means someone will have actually asked you to do something. Anyone really think that Flake has even the ovaries to do so or that anyone above him cares/knows enough to request a token staff change?

The reason I brought it up is because an influential BoT member was quoted in the Miami Herald a few weeks ago as wanting Al Golden to make staff changes.

I know. I just doubt that person(s) would even attempt to force the issue. Not that any of this even matters any longer. Wake me up when we announce a president that was a dean at some school like Colgate or Bucknell and has a deep appreciation for the arts.

Advertisement

Al can think all he wants, the proof is in the lack of HIS performance as the head man of the Miami Football program. But hey, using your logic...

- The 6-7 record in year four is "Fan Base Poppy"

- The disaster which is this year's recruiting class is "Fan Base Poppy"

- The game plans for the last four games were "Fan Base Poppy"

- Al disappearing on the administration and RECRUITS at the begining of this year is "Fan Base Poppy"

-Al not showing up to promote the program on contracted events such as "Hurricane Hotline" is "Fan Base Poppy"

Got plenty more slurper, your move.

View attachment 28475

Nothing you posted proves that Al is trying to get fired to collect a payout. It just proves that he is a below average coach.

Al Golden knows that if he is fired he is never getting another head coaching job. He just failed at the University of Miami. The hot bed of recruiting talent, the location sells itself, the easiest division in college football power 5 and one of the easiest conferences. I was reading Pitt boards during their coaching search and they were all saying the same thing.. a guy that cant win at Miami with all the talent and location and whatever else, why hire him into the same division that he can't win with what he's got. He seriously thinks he is going to turn this thing around in his stupid mind but he's not.

I've said it before, Golden might be a good coach up north where the players he gets fits his scheme, but he's doing total opposite of what these South Fla athletes have done their whole life. It's just not working. Idc about the cloud, regardless of the players he gets, which are still good quality players to win the ACC coastal, but they still don't get the scheme! If we were always executing and just getting beat by a few points and it was obvious that the talent isn't good enough yet I would be fine with it, but when we lose we usually get killed. Every first quarter we get on top because of our talent, then you give good coaches time to adjust and we lose every time.

Al Golden knows that if he is fired he is never getting another head coaching job. He just failed at the University of Miami. The hot bed of recruiting talent, the location sells itself, the easiest division in college football power 5 and one of the easiest conferences. I was reading Pitt boards during their coaching search and they were all saying the same thing.. a guy that cant win at Miami with all the talent and location and whatever else, why hire him into the same division that he can't win with what he's got. He seriously thinks he is going to turn this thing around in his stupid mind but he's not.

I've said it before, Golden might be a good coach up north where the players he gets fits his scheme, but he's doing total opposite of what these South Fla athletes have done their whole life. It's just not working. Idc about the cloud, regardless of the players he gets, which are still good quality players to win the ACC coastal, but they still don't get the scheme! If we were always executing and just getting beat by a few points and it was obvious that the talent isn't good enough yet I would be fine with it, but when we lose we usually get killed. Every first quarter we get on top because of our talent, then you give good coaches time to adjust and we lose every time.

You are forgetting to take the wind into account!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back