If Golden refuses to make staff changes...

CanesAreAble

All-ACC
...CAN THEY PLEASE ******* FIRE HIS *** FOR INSUBORDINATION?

I think Golden WANTS to be fired, so I don't think he's going to scapegoat anybody. If he doesn't budge, do Blake James and the BoT blink?

I bet Golden is thinking, "What the **** do I have to do to get fired?!"

Advertisement
He already has refused in the years past. He gets ****ed when they even think about it or mention it lol

He already has refused in the years past. He gets ****ed when they even think about it or mention it lol

I hope he keeps on refusing. What currency does he have left? He didn't do himself any favors with the board when he tried to sneak out the back door and get the State Penn job. Then he just went 6-7 with 10 NFL draftees on the roster.

I mean, what the ****? it's like he's become some cult of personality in the athletic department.

I hope he keeps on refusing. What currency does he have left? He didn't do himself any favors with the board when he tried to sneak out the back door and get the State Penn job. Then he just went 6-7 with 10 NFL draftees on the roster.

I mean, what the ****? it's like he's become some cult of personality in the athletic department.

Yup, ******* pathetic. We fired Coker, who won an NC, and Shannon, who was actually loyal to UM but won't fire a guy who tried to leave the school and now is actively trying to get fired.

Advertisement
If the buyout due to the extension is too large, UM should go after Shalala for it.

But when is enough, enough?

They're gonna let this ******* run amok because of money? That COSTS more money in the long run.[/QUOTE]

You know that, and I know that. But the dumb sihts in charge are already covering the bad money Shalala already cost UM with the Medical disaster.

They just haven't put a pencil to the football thing. If they fired Al Monday - and hired Butch Davis, Butch would make all of his money and over a few years pay for Al's unearned BS as well.

The reason he is refusing is he very likely has the sole authority in his latest contract to hire and fire assistants. He wants that buyout bad. He wants them to get so frustrated with boiling fan anger and a lack of any changes to diffuse the situation that they'll give up and give him his retirement nest egg.

He doesn't want to be here but wants his 5m upfront. Firing assistants ensures the opposite of what he wants.

That is why he will never move on that issue because it's irrational for him to do so.

The reason he is refusing is he very likely has the sole authority in his latest contract to hire and fire assistants. He wants that buyout bad. He wants them to get so frustrated with boiling fan anger and a lack of any changes to diffuse the situation that they'll give up and give him his retirement nest egg.

He doesn't want to be here but wants his 5m upfront. Firing assistants ensures the opposite of what he wants.

That is why he will never move on that issue because it's irrational for him to do so.

Golden needs to stand his ground and get fired.

Advertisement

All of this!

If this is true then the administration and the AD is beyond incompetent.

If the buyout due to the extension is too large, UM should go after Shalala for it.

They're gonna let this ******* run amok because of money? That COSTS more money in the long run.

That's generally true but the consensus seems to be that they are going to use the extra 3m from Adidas as a hedge against anticipated losses in ticket sales for 2015.

They're gonna let this ******* run amok because of money? That COSTS more money in the long run.

That's generally true but the consensus seems to be that they are going to use the extra 3m from Adidas as a hedge against anticipated losses in ticket sales for 2015.

Isn't that deal for 2016?

Advertisement

No...our contract with Nike ends in August 2015.

No...our contract with Nike ends in August 2015.

Thanks. The whole situation is ridiculous. Let's hope the new President brings her own people that care about winning and cleans house with the idiots in the AD now.

Sorry but this makes no sense. Golden is in his mid 40s not mid 60s 5 million ain't **** and won't last him more than 10 years max. He'd make way more money by turning UM back into a winning program. I am sure that is what his main priority is right now. All this talk of him wanting to get fired to collect a miniscule 5 million is just uninformed fan base poppy ****.

Advertisement
Sorry but this makes no sense. Golden is in his mid 40s not mid 60s 5 million ain't **** and won't last him more than 10 years max. He'd make way more money by turning UM back into a winning program. I am sure that is what his main priority is right now. All this talk of him wanting to get fired to collect a miniscule 5 million is just uninformed fan base poppy ****.

His main priority is salvaging his coaching career. I think he wants out but he can't quit. It will look worse than getting fired.

If he gets fired, he can claim he was unjustly fired because of "the cloud" and also collect a cool five million.

I think he knows he can't win at Miami. That's why he, according to sources, has been secretly looking for another job, and not-so-secretly pushed for the State Penn job.

This man is smart. He doesn't want to be here. His first option was get another gig. Hasn't worked. Option 2 is stay here until they fire him. He is gonna win in the long run. There is no losing scenario. If he gets fired he is hitting the bank. Who cares if he doesn't get another gig. He will retire happily or become an analyst- and he will have all that cash money.

He may not be a good coach, but he isn't dumb. He will play these clowns and see the contract extension, or he will get a better job.

Remember, we are talking about a guy who got himself an extension after a 6-6 season.

$5 million can last you dude. If you manage it properly, you may not have to work another day in your life, and if you do, he can become an analyst and then he will be fine. It's also been said the buyout is at $8 million.

You are mistaken here....for two reasons. First, the power of compounding returns. Since Golden is young, that 5m even invested conservatively will likely mushroom to 20m or more when he is in his 60s, so it's a big ******* deal to his family.

Second, since it's becoming increasingly clear to the rest of the country how spectacularly he is failing at Miami, he is likely relegated to a crappy job in the near future (possibly non Power 5) with salary prospects around 1m per season until he can get another shot at the big times. So having to take a pay cut makes that big nest egg all the more important.

Advertisement
Back