If Garcia and/or McBurows sign..

Yea. Used to be DT.. Now corner.

It moves. DT, OL, QB, S, CB. That's why you need to have a well-rounded class every year. We always seem to have "lumpy" classes, with exceptional talent at a couple positions, good talent at most positions, and a black hole or last-minute specials at others. I'm so sick of those "specials" even if a few did turn out okay (Armbrister, Elder, Nelson).

Advertisement
Advertisement
No comparison on my end, so let me just write the following

The 2021 class is full of stud players and alpha personalities. Serious infusion of talent and leadership. These guys will push upper classmen thru their actions AND words. If Gurvan Hall (not to pick on him) isn't working hard enough, James and Kam will pass him up. Same for Pope and Wiggins, Brooks and Flagg, and everyone else. This class has players with the Michael Irvin attitude. Story goes that as a high school senior Irvin was watching a UM practice. When asked what he was doing, Irvin responded 'seeing whose spot I'm taking next year'. I don't want anyone to "plan" to redshirt. Come in here, compete and look to kick your teammates *** first and your opponent's *** second. You'll elevate your game and your teammates game.

This will be a lot of fun to watch over the next 2-4 years.

100% agree with this

It’s just hard to get excited when we still see the staff rolling out Amari Carter, McCloud, Jennings, etc

Advertisement
No comparison on my end, so let me just write the following

The 2021 class is full of stud players and alpha personalities. Serious infusion of talent and leadership. These guys will push upper classmen thru their actions AND words. If Gurvan Hall (not to pick on him) isn't working hard enough, James and Kam will pass him up. Same for Pope and Wiggins, Brooks and Flagg, and everyone else. This class has players with the Michael Irvin attitude. Story goes that as a high school senior Irvin was watching a UM practice. When asked what he was doing, Irvin responded 'seeing whose spot I'm taking next year'. I don't want anyone to "plan" to redshirt. Come in here, compete and look to kick your teammates *** first and your opponent's *** second. You'll elevate your game and your teammates game.

This will be a lot of fun to watch over the next 2-4 years.
We have had a lot of players over the last 20 years that have had the Michael Irvin attitude. We need start getting the ones that have the Michael Irvin work ethic.

Lol yeah it’s pretty obvious now that Ivins has no inside information lol. Kid literally said his decision was made this morning but we’re getting these bleh updates every 2 hours to have ppl on their seat lol

The 2018 class has the vast majority of our non transfer starters. Rousseau nesta frierson blades Ivey hall Campbell scaife Harris Pope Wiggins Brevin Mallory have all been consistent starters/contributors during time here. Much more than we can say about most other classes we’ve had. Several of those guys are our best non transfer players/ early draft picks. Did the class bring us back? No but if we had 3 more around it just like it we’d be a lot better

Advertisement
It moves. DT, OL, QB, S, CB. That's why you need to have a well-rounded class every year. We always seem to have "lumpy" classes, with exceptional talent at a couple positions, good talent at most positions, and a black hole or last-minute specials at others. I'm so sick of those "specials" even if a few did turn out okay (Armbrister, Elder, Nelson).
Elder was not a reach. I think he was one of the highest rated kids in all of TN and even so his tape was electric.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back