If Garcia and/or McBurows sign..

Trav

Redshirt Freshman
This is a **** good class and I would argue rivals 2018 even on paper. There's legit talent at every position and while I would have liked to have seen more at LB and CB that can and will be addressed in the portal. Even without Garcia and McBurows it's a really good class. Getting the key guys locked up early is nice. There's really no left at the altar this year, which is a refreshing change. Despite the UNC debacle no flips. Credit to staff for keeping a really good class together.

Advertisement
This is a **** good class and I would argue rivals 2018 even on paper. There's legit talent at every position and while I would have liked to have seen more at LB and CB that can and will be addressed in the portal. Even without Garcia and McBurows it's a really good class. Getting the key guys locked up early is nice. There's really no left at the altar this year, which is a refreshing change. Despite the UNC debacle no flips. Credit to staff for keeping a really good class together.
They are both likely in. Garcia doesn't make sense to go anywhere else.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
2018 class ended up disappointing especially:

Lingard- complete bust
WRs- Hightower and Ezzard are gone and Wiggins/Pope are below average
Jarren Williams- Ooofffff
OL- Reed hasn't seen the field, Scaife has regressed every year, and Campbell is still fighting for PT. I'll give OL another year before I call them a complete disappointment but not looking good.
G. Hall- maybe expectations were too high but he's been average at best for us at safety through 3 years.

I’m not saying McBurrows is coming, but **** it’s so obvious Ivins is clueless.

Advertisement
No comparison on my end, so let me just write the following

The 2021 class is full of stud players and alpha personalities. Serious infusion of talent and leadership. These guys will push upper classmen thru their actions AND words. If Gurvan Hall (not to pick on him) isn't working hard enough, James and Kam will pass him up. Same for Pope and Wiggins, Brooks and Flagg, and everyone else. This class has players with the Michael Irvin attitude. Story goes that as a high school senior Irvin was watching a UM practice. When asked what he was doing, Irvin responded 'seeing whose spot I'm taking next year'. I don't want anyone to "plan" to redshirt. Come in here, compete and look to kick your teammates *** first and your opponent's *** second. You'll elevate your game and your teammates game.

This will be a lot of fun to watch over the next 2-4 years.

No comparison on my end, so let me just write the following

The 2021 class is full of stud players and alpha personalities. Serious infusion of talent and leadership. These guys will push upper classmen thru their actions AND words. If Gurvan Hall (not to pick on him) isn't working hard enough, James and Kam will pass him up. Same for Pope and Wiggins, Brooks and Flagg, and everyone else. This class has players with the Michael Irvin attitude. Story goes that as a high school senior Irvin was watching a UM practice. When asked what he was doing, Irvin responded 'seeing whose spot I'm taking next year'. I don't want anyone to "plan" to redshirt. Come in here, compete and look to kick your teammates *** first and your opponent's *** second. You'll elevate your game and your teammates game.

This will be a lot of fun to watch over the next 2-4 years.

While I agree the guys we got are special, the class as a while is a bust without a QB and at least one more CB in it. Can't have holes like this if we ever want to be an elite program again.

Advertisement
Back