If FSU gets Urban Meyer should we just cancel the program?

No, we should hire Mike Gundy as HC and Art Briles as OC. Fight fire with fire.

But we won't; so, start writing the eulogies.
Mike Gundy against Urban ? thats bringing a knife to a gun fight. if the Semenoles get Urban by some miracle, then Miami better sure as **** hire Jeff Brohm to kick Urban's *** again

Advertisement
I remember all the panic when Chip Kelly coached the Gators
Big Difference between Chip Kelly & Urby Meyer... Not remotely close to a similar situation.

And if I remember correctly, UF hired Dan Mullen who you know... Beat us in Week 0 & is absolutely going to brutalize us on the trail for the 21 class & that's not even including already snatching the best OT from South Fla that should be ours in the 2020 class.

Big Difference between Chip Kelly & Urby Meyer... Not remotely close to a similar situation.

And if I remember correctly, UF hired Dan Mullen who you know... Beat us in Week 0 & is absolutely going to brutalize us on the trail for the 21 class & that's not even including already snatching the best OT from South Fla that should be ours in the 2020 class.

I’m speaking to the panic before they guy even interviewed

I’m speaking to the panic before they guy even interviewed
I get what you meant.

The point is, they don't have to hire Urban, there's a good chance whoever they hire will be better than what we got at Miami because they don't mind spending money to ensure their Football program stays competitive.

Manny is going to lose to a dead man walking corch in Willie Tagg in a few weeks, that should show you how bad it is right now. Taggart is literally one of the worst coaches in P5 football & Manny is about to get his clock cleaned by the guy.

So it's understandable that fans might be worried about what FSU is gonna do next, because unlike Miami FSU actually cares about Football & they will cut a check to get a good coach & get their program turned around.

Meanwhile we'll still be sitting around looking stupid with a small group of delusional fans waiting for Manny to lead us to a 6-6 season by year 3.

Advertisement
I get what you meant.

The point is, they don't have to hire Urban, there's a good chance whoever they hire will be better than what we got at Miami because they don't mind spending money to ensure their Football program stays competitive.

Manny is going to lose to a dead man walking corch in Willie Tagg in a few weeks, that should show you how bad it is right now. Taggart is literally one of the worst coaches in P5 football & Manny is about to get his clock cleaned by the guy.

So it's understandable that fans might be worried about what FSU is gonna do next, because unlike Miami FSU cares about Football & they will cut a check to get a good coach & get their program turned around.

Meanwhile we'll still be sitting around looking stupid with a small group of delusional fans waiting for Manny to lead us to a 6-6 season by year 3.

That all may be true. I’ll worry about that when it comes is my point. Their search brought them to Willie T who was a poor coach, it’s possible they ***** it up again. You want to panic now before any moves are made then do you

That all may be true. I’ll worry about that when it comes is my point. Their search brought them to Willie T who was a poor coach, it’s possible they ***** it up again. You want to panic now before any moves are made then do you
I'm not panicking, but the tough guy super fan act isn't applicable in this situation.

Their coaching search brought them Willie & ours brought us Coker, Shannon, Folden, Richt & Diaz.

They may ***** up on their next hire, but we KNOW we're going to ***** up on all our hires, so again maybe fans aren't overreacting at the thought that FSU will be a team we have trouble with in the future.

And even with though hiring Willie T was a failure on their part, he's gonna beat Manny's brains in & that's how fcked up a situation we're in now.

We just lost to a 1-5 GTech team that couldn't beat the Citadel lol... I think fans have every right to be worried.

Advertisement
Urban is good for maybe three years before he steps down due to “heath issues” but YES if FSU did manage to land him we will have to shut down the fb program for that three year time period.
Doesn’t mean he won’t leave them in better shape than they are now.

I'm not panicking, but the tough guy super fan act isn't applicable in this situation.

Their coaching search brought them Willie & ours brought us Coker, Shannon, Folden, Richt & Diaz.

They may ***** up on their next hire, but we KNOW we're going to ***** up on all our hires, so again maybe fans aren't overreacting at the thought that FSU will be a team we have trouble with in the future.

And even with though hiring Willie T was a failure on their part, he's gonna beat Manny's brains in & that's how fcked up a situation we're in now.

We just lost to a 1-5 GTech team that couldn't beat the Citadel lol... I think fans have every right to be worried.

Panicking before they even fire the guy is cool but me not panicking is not applicable? Let’s just agree to disagree

Panicking before they even fire the guy is cool but me not panicking is not applicable? Let’s just agree to disagree
Again, I didn't say I was panicking.

You keep missing the point. It's not about them hiring Urban, they may hire another corch after Willie, BUT WHOEVER IT IS WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE BETTER THAN MANNY. That's a legitimate problem for Miami.

It's not about panicking, it's about recognizing that our situation is so bad that even other programs with Corches are in a better spot than us.

Advertisement
Lmao at FSU, a program operating in the red, having the $30 mil they’d need to even dream about knocking on Urbie’s door.

Like that dude’s gonna take a job where he’s got to face Clemson every year to win his conference anyway. He’s way too smart for that.

Again, I didn't say I was panicking.

You keep missing the point. It's not about them hiring Urban, they may hire another corch after Willie, BUT WHOEVER IT IS WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE BETTER THAN MANNY. That's a legitimate problem for Miami.

It's not about panicking, it's about recognizing that our situation is so bad that even other programs with Corches are in a better spot than us.

Panicking, worrying, overreacting whatever term you want to use. I’m not missing your point. I’ll choose to worry about FSU and what they do when those things actually start happening and are not just rumors on this board. I can‘t be clearer in what I am saying.

Advertisement
Nothing FSU does should affect what Miami does. Having said that, Miami should cancel the program is they’re going to continue to be okay with mediocrity. If that’s their expectations then why even bother.

Advertisement
Back