Ice Harris stuff

I remember him with us, against us, then with us again.

When it looked like he was against us, he was really just trying to help out his boy, Kirkland. That was his job back then. His job now is to help us. In retrospect, I don't think he was ever really against us. He even tried to get Treon to come here.

Can you further elaborate on the kirkland comment?

I seem to remember Kirkland playing games with us, and when we pressed him to commit, he didn't, then wanted back in on signing day and we said no.

I also remember an incident related to this involving BTW and the media that some did not feel was acceptable behavior.

Advertisement

When it looked like he was against us, he was really just trying to help out his boy, Kirkland. That was his job back then. His job now is to help us. In retrospect, I don't think he was ever really against us. He even tried to get Treon to come here.

If he couldn't even convince his own son to come here, consider me cautious about his recruiting ability.

The way our QB depth looks now..I think that was the best decision for Treon. He wasn't gonna be out Kaaya. And we all thought Olsen was gonna be the goods. Can't pin that on Ice.

The way our QB depth looks now..I think that was the best decision for Treon. He wasn't gonna be out Kaaya. And we all thought Olsen was gonna be the goods. Can't pin that on Ice.

Absolutely agree. I didn't want Treon here. I didn't feel he was ever going to amount to jack as a QB, but COULD become a major point of distraction and controversy being the "local" kid with so many So Fla players that know him on the team, etc... Same thing with Jacory and Marve.

I seem to remember Kirkland playing games with us, and when we pressed him to commit, he didn't, then wanted back in on signing day and we said no.

I also remember an incident related to this involving BTW and the media that some did not feel was acceptable behavior.

Yeah, it was pretty sh*tty. He obviously got hot and shot his mouth of publically which he shouldn't have. But it was "smoothed over" after that.

In the end, he was wrong IMO. I get that he was trying to do what was best for his player, but Kirkland was playing games and jerking our staff around. We figured it out and basically told the kid, no more games, are you in or out. He didn't want to give an answer so the staff figured he was playing us for suckers, and yanked his offer. Its exactly what they should have done. Unfortunately, Ice shot his mouth off and it turned into a circus, and it took days for things to get "smoothed over".

Advertisement

Yeah, it was pretty sh*tty. He obviously got hot and shot his mouth of publically which he shouldn't have. But it was "smoothed over" after that.

In the end, he was wrong IMO. I get that he was trying to do what was best for his player, but Kirkland was playing games and jerking our staff around. We figured it out and basically told the kid, no more games, are you in or out. He didn't want to give an answer so the staff figured he was playing us for suckers, and yanked his offer. Its exactly what they should have done. Unfortunately, Ice shot his mouth off and it turned into a circus, and it took days for things to get "smoothed over".

Yes, that seems to be the gist of it, but this is all hearsay. After the situation blew up, it looks like Ice was only asking the U to let Kirkland play his hat game on signing day. He felt Miami should extend that as a courtesy to a local recruit. I don't know if that would've been in Miami's best interest, but even if it wasn't, that doesn't mean he was against Miami.

By the way, I'm not defending being a silent commitment to two different schools. There's no reason to think that Ice had anything to do with that. He was just trying to save his boy's signing day moment.

Yes, that seems to be the gist of it, but this is all hearsay. After the situation blew up, it looks like Ice was only asking the U to let Kirkland play his hat game on signing day. He felt Miami should extend that as a courtesy to a local recruit. I don't know if that would've been in Miami's best interest, but even if it wasn't, that doesn't mean he was against Miami.

that is exactly what happened. And kirk probably was playing Ice as well....s.fla kids love to play the signing day surprise game...and that's what he was tryng to do but it got sniffed out. Think Kirkland was an fsu silent..then coley burst that bubble when he came here. I never thought Ice was against the u....he sent two of his own kids here...and guys like Pimp Collier and others who were like his kids.

Kirkland @ hick ville Arkansas sucking on AC's nuts
Ice @ UM helped us with Thomas & Jackson.... and will make sure Walton sticks around

I say out of that situation we are on the winning side.

Advertisement

He wasn't a coach here when we offered Treon and he let Treon make his own decision between UF FSU auburn and miami

If he couldn't even convince his own son to come here, consider me cautious about his recruiting ability.
I thought there was some rule about him getting hired and his son coming..like a conflict of interest. That's what I thought I seen somewhere Idk

I thought there was some rule about him getting hired and his son coming..like a conflict of interest. That's what I thought I seen somewhere Idk

Wasn't a problem when Brandon was here.

Golden will mold ice into a beast his first go around was with mr clueless .... Ice will learn from golden and the results will come

Advertisement
"Think Kirkland was an fsu silent..then coley burst that bubble when he came here."

Coley was very close with Miami staffers when at FSU (he told them Northrup was full of **** and looking to ***** over UM), he didn't come here and rat Kirkland or Thomas out that is just another one of those internet myths turned fact.

Despite what may wish happens between programs, understand college coaches share legit info because they know first-hand that it's a coaching career being played with by teenagers. Next year they could be on the side of it.

Last edited:
"Think Kirkland was an fsu silent..then coley burst that bubble when he came here."

Coley was very close with Miami staffers when at FSU (he told them Northrup was full of **** and looking to ***** over UM), he didn't come here and rat Kirkland or Thomas out that is just another one of those internet myths turned fact.

Despite what may wish happens between programs, understand college coaches share legit info because they know first-hand that it's a coaching career being played with by teenagers. Next year they could be on the side of it.

How does Coley telling Miami about Northrup show he didn't tell Miami about Kirkland?

This view of recruiting is the complete opposition of almost every other version of recruiting ever read on any board.

Advertisement

Wasn't a problem when Brandon was here.
Very true. Didn't think about that. Ppl come up with alot of bull

Golden will mold ice into a beast his first go around was with mr clueless .... Ice will learn from golden and the results will come

I was thinking the other way around that AG might learn something off ICE

ice already was here before and didnt make it not all his fault as he was with the most incompetent coach this program has ever seen... Under goldens leadership i think he will get the best out of ice... Only problem is than you have to keep the guy around

I was thinking the other way around that AG might learn something off ICE

ice already was here before and didnt make it not all his fault as he was with the most incompetent coach this program has ever seen... Under goldens leadership i think he will get the best out of ice... Only problem is than you have to keep the guy around

Wrong again. Coley deserves the credit for the recruiting upswing. Hopefully Ice pairs with him.

Advertisement
Back