2023 Iapani Laloulu 4* OG/OC as a Miami Recuit

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can’t we just write G/C? Writing OT makes sense since there is a defensive tackle. Let’s consider the people that are putting this material out on their printing presses.

We need some more of those islandboyz, 2023 OG Iapani Laloulu at 6'3" 350lbs would be a massive addition at Guard for the 2023 class.

Go Canes

PS: P-man see's you Ms. Tauaese!!!!!! UMMMM HHMMM #ForDaCulture

Paranos. Hawaiian barbeque

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oregon has to be the front runner with his brother there. But Mirabal is a beast of a recruiter and was on him since 8th grade. If he’s good, I know Mario and Mirabal won’t let up.

This is an older article from 2021 but it sheds light into the young man's mind sight and approach to football.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Excerpts/paraphrase from new article today:

Iapani Laloulu was the unquestioned alpha at the ESPN 300 Elite Underclassmen Camp in Hawaii earlier this month and showed exactly why his recruitment has remained one of the interesting ones in the Aloha State.

"My official visit to Arizona was really, really good,” Laloulu told 247Sports. “I really love the program over there and the coaches are great. Coach Jedd Fisch is rebuilding the program and the team has really been buying into the new culture."

“But I know I want to take other officials, hopefully during season before making my choice later on, closer to the Early Signing Period. Miami and Oregon are two schools I’m definitely looking at for those trips.”

There are deep ties for Laloulu at both coastal programs. With the Hurricanes, the physical lineman has a connection to Mario Cristobal and Alex Mirabal — the coaches that offered him first while they were at Oregon. And with the Ducks it’s a family bond, given that his brother, Faaope, is in the OL group there for first-year coach Adrian Klemm, who has also been fostering a relationship.

“My brother is at Oregon but I have also been liking coach Klemm a lot,” Laloulu said. “He’s a great guy and tells it to you straight. He doesn’t just tell you what you want to hear. And knowing he played at Hawaii means a lot because I can relate to him in a way.”

No future visit dates have been locked in yet but Laloulu knows he’d like to experience some gamedays.

“Miami is one I know I’m really looking forward to, just knowing those coaches since I was in eighth grade and reaching out to them when they first offered me,” he said.

Laloulu is the nation’s No. 17 rated interior offensive lineman and No. 2 overall prospect in the state of Hawaii for the 2023 class, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings. He has committed to play in both the 2023 Under Armour All-America Game and the 2023 Polynesian Bowl all-star game.

Advertisement
Back