I will never understand the South Florida kids

who want to go put on for Tuscaloosa or Athens GA.

PS2 is a dime a dozen now. Another Bama DB who will be in the NFL....Could have been a legend here and still go to the NFL.

Kids like Silvera get it..."why not make the crib great"

PS2 said it clear as day during his announcement. He is going to Bama to play for the best DB coach in America. And to Win championships. He said Bama is always in it, and he won a Stae title at AH and wants to go to a proven winner where he can win more championships. How do you battle that? Only one way. Win. Not lose to Pitt. Not lose to Clemson. Not lose to Wisconsin. It ain't rocket science.

Sounds like a kid who doesnt want the pressure of putting his city on his back and winning a title. Would rather just jump on an already finished product. I can respect that. But again, why not just tell the coaches you arent interested? "Dont waste your time recruiting me." "I am all Bama and if I dont go to Bama I am going to LSU" "Love you coach Rumph but I gotta be my own man. Will give you tickets to the Draft party in 3 years and to my first NFL game after im drafted"...

I respect former elite south florida recruits like Max Jean-Giles, Joey Bosa, Davin Joseph, etc. They didnt give us any hope. Told us we had no shot and they went elsewhere. Case closed we move on. Thats how you do it.

Advertisement
Maybe kids, and they are kids, want to go away to college and see what else is out there in the world?

My kid, not a d1 football player, went to the U from California in part for the adventure. Maybe some of these kids when they get on their first airplane, see their first snowfall or simply have a big weekend away from home enjoy that freedom. In addition, some of these kids might not live in the best areas, maybe getting out of Miami looks pretty good to them.

Mix in dreams of NFL riches, unscrupulous adult influences and the fact they are just kids looking for an adventure and these choices seem less surprising. Maybe if the U fills the stadium, and beats up on a few more teams like they did vs ND last year and things will trend back.....

PS2 is a dime a dozen now. Another Bama DB who will be in the NFL....Could have been a legend here and still go to the NFL.

PS2 said it clear as day during his announcement. He is going to Bama to play for the best DB coach in America. And to Win championships. He said Bama is always in it, and he won a Stae title at AH and wants to go to a proven winner where he can win more championships. How do you battle that? Only one way. Win. Not lose to Pitt. Not lose to Clemson. Not lose to Wisconsin. It ain't rocket science.

Exactly.

Serious question. Since we can't get the top kids now, do you think we have a good enough coaching staff overall to get us over the hump thus allowing us to be able to snag the top kids down the line?

I don't know if we can out-coach Clemson.

Staying home just doesn’t resonate with some kids, Tyson Campbell being one of them as many have said before December that i and many others chose to ignore the warning signs.

If your kid was a talented engineer, you would encourage him to go to MIT.

How is this different? These are future pros.

I don't think the two are comparable. Miami's known for churning out NFL players. Even under Golden we put some players in the NFL.

Someone said it on here, no matter where Campbell and Surtain went, they'd still make it to the league.

Advertisement

Exactly.

Serious question. Since we can't get the top kids now, do you think we have a good enough coaching staff overall to get us over the hump thus allowing us to be able to snag the top kids down the line?

I know:

WE CAN'T.

Someone said it on here, no matter where Campbell and Surtain went, they'd still make it to the league.

Refer you to this post. Bama is the safest bet. Our recent past suggests our players don't get drafted as high as they should. I'm hopeful that is changing.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/understand-south-florida-kids/130238#post3241170

I think people are confusing “making it to the league” and “first round draft pick”. These kids know they are going to the league, that’s a given. Saban has a track record of putting kids in the first round. Significant difference.

like ive been saying.... these south florida kids are clowns. Fcked in the head groupies.

The pitchfork crew thinks that it takes some special recruiter with special powers to say the "right" thing to get these kids to commit???... when has that worked? these south florida groupies have been running to that SEC bag since before Patrick Peterson. It's just getting worse bc the SEC has this green light to cash out on players as long as the cash is under the table.

We could have Ed Reed coaching Safeties and Antrel Rolle at CB and these guys are going to say "wow you all were some of my favorite players growing up coach, but I gotta feed the fam"

There is nothing that can be done until schools like Bama and UGa get the fckn Band hammer they deserve... FCK YOU MARK EMERRETT YOU SNAKE POS!!

Advertisement

Exactly.

The last couple of seasons should give you that answer. This isn't rocket science.

What is there NOT to understand?

Football is looked at as a BUSINESS down here. There's zero loyalty in South Florida, even down to the optimist level.

When dozens of high school kids transfer to "better programs" every year you guys eat it up.
"The kid wants to win games and play for a better program!"
"The kid wants more exposure and a better shot at a college scholarship."

But then yall actually expect loyalty from these kids when it comes to choosing their college?

A kid **** all over his home school and transfers to STA/AH for his Senior year and it's a wise business decision. It's a better program, right?
But if a kid uses that same logic when choosing a college all-of-sudden it doesn't make sense?

Unless yall actually think Miami is an equal program to Bama or UGA right now. LOL (please)

Yes WE know these kids can become 1st round draft picks if they stay home.
Yes WE know Miami can compete for NC's if they stay home.
But WE'RE FANS.
When you're a 17/18 year old kid and a guy with 6 NC's is sitting in your living room it's a different story. These kids aren't fans of Miami like we are.

We gotta start winning. That's all.
This class was good enough to put us in the right direction.
View attachment 58221

This is the third straight regime that can’t win or recruit. Nothing has changed except the delivery of the smoke and mirrors.

Advertisement

Sounds like a kid who doesnt want the pressure of putting his city on his back and winning a title. Would rather just jump on an already finished product. I can respect that. But again, why not just tell the coaches you arent interested? "Dont waste your time recruiting me." "I am all Bama and if I dont go to Bama I am going to LSU" "Love you coach Rumph but I gotta be my own man. Will give you tickets to the Draft party in 3 years and to my first NFL game after im drafted"...

I respect former elite south florida recruits like Max Jean-Giles, Joey Bosa, Davin Joseph, etc. They didnt give us any hope. Told us we had no shot and they went elsewhere. Case closed we move on. Thats how you do it.

This. We always getting played.

South Florida kids are just like most people from south florida.. Apple don't fall far from the trees.. Think of human waste *****....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back