I want the TRUTH!!!!

Would you have hired Golden 2011 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fire dorito and get a good defensive scheme if we are still mediocre and our D is still awful then i will consider firing golden.

Advertisement
How can anyone who has seen us play over the past three seasons say "they're glad we got Gulden"?!? That is on some Troll type **** and angers me to no end! How can you be glad we got duped?!?! How can you be glad about the product on the field?!?!
I feel like crying.....

How can anyone who has seen us play over the past three seasons say "they're glad we got Gulden"?!? That is on some Troll type **** and angers me to no end! How can you be glad we got duped?!?! How can you be glad about the product on the field?!?!
I feel like crying.....

I didn't take the question that way. I took it as "would you have hired him at the time?" My answer was no, but that wasn't based on subsequent events.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For those that say let Al Golden go. Who else would you bring to Miami?

Miami isn't going to pay top dollar for a coach. We don't have that type of funding. What coach, that is available, or assistant coach, that may be looking for a HC gig do you think wants to come here?

This is a good question imo. Say we do go 7-5/8-4, hopefully not, and Golden is canned who replaces him?

Lou Saban.

For those that say let Al Golden go. Who else would you bring to Miami?

Miami isn't going to pay top dollar for a coach. We don't have that type of funding. What coach, that is available, or assistant coach, that may be looking for a HC gig do you think wants to come here?

This is a good question imo. Say we do go 7-5/8-4, hopefully not, and Golden is canned who replaces him?

Lou Saban.

Don't sleep on Andy Gustafson.

Advertisement
fire dorito and get a good defensive scheme if we are still mediocre and our D is still awful then i will consider firing golden.

do you people not realize that this is F.A.G.s defense? Dorito is irrelevant

Yep, likely the first person Al would call to come in is Groh, because Al believes in the scheme. Any coaching change needs to happen at the top, or there needs to be some sort of mandate from the BOT that he relinquishes control of that portion of his program which may mean him walking away.

I just...

Everyone is aware that the year is not 2003 right? We have been a 2nd tier program for a decade. We went 9-3 last year with our best player out for a third of it.

Three players get drafted before the 6 or 7th round this year. We had maybe a half dozen players that would sniff a 2 deep on a good Miami team. Louisville game? Hey, I get it, I didn't think our coaches did a good job preparing this team. But this idea that we are underperforming relative to talent... I just don't see it. On D last year we had 4 good players, not great, just above average. And the rest of the 7 were borderline Sun Belt types. Do I think that we could have done better on D? Sure, a few points per game. But jesus, Chickillo was one of our 3 or 4 best players on D and he maybe, maybe, sniffs the 2 deep on a good Miami team.

Stephen Morris was turnover machine, threw 2 routes well. That's it.

I was disappointed in the Louisville game but besides that... I don't know what else people could have expected. And the Duke game? People can see the Duke insignia and just say they are terrible. That was a good, senior - laden football team with a better quarterback than we had. **** they gave A*M everything they wanted in the bowl game.

I've been posting on Canes boards for a decade, I went to UM, and no one wants to see UM get back to whoopin *** more than me. But, just cause we are UM doesn't mean we have some certain degree of talent all the time. It's just a uniform, just colors. Bottom line, Golden has improved the record every year, has brought to some honest-to-god talent back to UM. Now, do I expect this team to improve dramatically on D this year? **** yes. Do I expect us to win the Coastal? **** yes.

But man, some people on this board just have to get past this "we are UM, therefore our team is talent heavy" despite huge evidence to the contrary.

Advertisement
I respect what your saying, but tryin to convince me and others that we don't have enough talent to not get curb-stomped every time we play someone with a winning record, well.....

I just...

Everyone is aware that the year is not 2003 right? We have been a 2nd tier program for a decade. We went 9-3 last year with our best player out for a third of it.

Three players get drafted before the 6 or 7th round this year. We had maybe a half dozen players that would sniff a 2 deep on a good Miami team. Louisville game? Hey, I get it, I didn't think our coaches did a good job preparing this team. But this idea that we are underperforming relative to talent... I just don't see it. On D last year we had 4 good players, not great, just above average. And the rest of the 7 were borderline Sun Belt types. Do I think that we could have done better on D? Sure, a few points per game. But jesus, Chickillo was one of our 3 or 4 best players on D and he maybe, maybe, sniffs the 2 deep on a good Miami team.

Stephen Morris was turnover machine, threw 2 routes well. That's it.

I was disappointed in the Louisville game but besides that... I don't know what else people could have expected. And the Duke game? People can see the Duke insignia and just say they are terrible. That was a good, senior - laden football team with a better quarterback than we had. **** they gave A*M everything they wanted in the bowl game.

I've been posting on Canes boards for a decade, I went to UM, and no one wants to see UM get back to whoopin *** more than me. But, just cause we are UM doesn't mean we have some certain degree of talent all the time. It's just a uniform, just colors. Bottom line, Golden has improved the record every year, has brought to some honest-to-god talent back to UM. Now, do I expect this team to improve dramatically on D this year? **** yes. Do I expect us to win the Coastal? **** yes.

But man, some people on this board just have to get past this "we are UM, therefore our team is talent heavy" despite huge evidence to the contrary.

Whose job is it to bring in that "talent"?

I watched how we slid during the Coker years.....then they lazily promote Shannon...we get to a point were I actually rooted for South Florida to beat us....so that we could get (*gulp*) duped by Golden?!?!? ******* make it stop already?!?
Can we please just get a HC in here with a proven track record of success (actually won something)? Think about it- we haven't had a proven commodity at HC in how long?!?! And we wonder why we suck? Just bring back Davis and we should be good to go...

And we wonder why we suck? Just bring back Davis and we should be good to go...

I love Butch as much as the next guy, but this administration, after just going through a NCAA debacle, is not going to bring back Butch. It just isn't going to happen.

And honestly, some people have short memories. We gave Golden a bunch of sh** for interviewing with PSU but I remember vividly Butch straight lying to my face and bouncing a day later

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back