I use to get so excited about recruiting

powelkm

Recruit
How we finish is how we finish, accept it.
1. A top 5 recruiting class on paper is not going to happen for a long time
2. Don't get excited about any 5 star - 2 reasons- we don't win enough and we're not other schools if bags are of interest.

Advertisement
All threads on here are so gloomy. We have a pretty good class filled with kids that can do something here. Our d line recruiting continues to be killer. We have a receiver that has first round potential. A tight end that would be a 5 star if he siding play in an option offense. A 5 star back that’s as loyal as a prospect I have ever seen. A legit 4.4 corner. A big time winner and arm at qb. And most of all they all work hard and love this U and the players that love this U are the ones that do well here. Be happy for once in your pathetic lives.

2. Don't get excited about any 5 star - 2 reasons- we don't win enough and we're not other schools if bags are of interest.

What was number 3? Did you off yourself out of depression before you finished?

Advertisement
All threads on here are so gloomy. We have a pretty good class filled with kids that can do something here. Our d line recruiting continues to be killer. We have a receiver that has first round potential. A tight end that would be a 5 star if he siding play in an option offense. A 5 star back that’s as loyal as a prospect I have ever seen. A legit 4.4 corner. A big time winner and arm at qb. And most of all they all work hard and love this U and the players that love this U are the ones that do well here. Be happy for once in your pathetic lives.
Right on man!! I hate being the optimists but like i said in another thread, the fanbase is underestimating this class. We can potentially close pretty strong as well. If things fall slightly our way we can close with a nearly elite Defensive class.

Btw im the 1st one to say the we miss too much at DB, which is true, but Rumph and Banda do develop guys and with the Dline we are amassing our DBs just have to be decent and theyll have success.

I don't know if you have noticed, but recruiting has never been a big deal at Miami. After the 2004 class, or the 2008 class for that matter, even the most loaded classes don't amount to much, it has been our MO for almost two decades and then we produce more NFL players from 3 stars than 5 stars so our lowest recruits are actually more impactful than the few top tier recruits that we get. I know it is almost impossible to not get wrapped in the drama of recruiting and stargazing but look at guys like Greg Rousseau, Calais Campbell, and David Njoku who rise up and perform.

Advertisement

The #1 ranked class Randy Shannon pulled established that the recruiting rankings are mostly bullsh#t. Take a 4 star dude like Chaney. The 5 star ahead of him has something like a 98.42 rating. Chaney has a 98.31. That 5 star is a "game changer" but that .11 difference means Chaney isn't? Its nonsense.

Also it has no bearing on system fit. You could have some high 4 star dual threat QB with testing numbers off the charts but a 57% HS completion %, and he wouldn't be as good a fit for Enos's offense as low 4 star less athletic 4 star QB who has a 70% HS completion %. Miami's most talented player is a dude who was ranked a 3 star on some sites. If this was 2018, our soft shouldered fans would be crushing the staff if 5 star DE Ayobi Anoma had left the class for Alabama and Miami had to settle on a backup plan 3 star DE named Gregory Rosseau.

Hang in there big fella and don't get so hung up on ranking. Look at the players and film(if you have time) and then decide if you are excited. I think we getting some really good players.

Wait till after signing day, then the ***** fest can begin. I am reserving judgement till December 16th. Too much **** can change from here till there.

Advertisement
I realize this is a recruiting thread, but I feel that final record and recruiting success are positively correlated. Let’s keep the foot on the gas pedal, wrap up an 8-4 season that seemed unlikely before FSU, keep the offense rolling and tighten up the D. Kids will want to come to an up and up team and hopefully we get a strong push in early signing.
Round out the class with a couple of OLs with potential, recognize that we have 1 legitimate tackle recruit in this class already, get a couple of guys with speed on the outside on both sides of the ball, and figure out the LB situation (I have to believe that the staff is further along than they are indicating).
Develop talent and continue the upward trajectory next year...rinse and repeat, and hopefully we get a strong win that turns things around to make these kids feel like they can compete for a National Championship.
Building one class at a time is the only way. Retaining these kids for 4 years is an even more ideal way to get there.

Fu ck the rankings. We are ranked higher than everyone in the coastal year after year and we still fu ck it up. We have bigger problems than worrying about being in the top 5.

Advertisement
What is #3?

A winning record next year will rocket us from top 15 to top 10. Picking the right top 10 type kid is most important.

I would also note that our late 80s and early 90s classes weren’t as highly rated as FSU. Rankings aren’t dispositive of how good a class is or will be.

Yall get too caught up in artificial recruiting rankings pope was rated higher than wiggins. Wiggins has outperformed pope so far

I read some of these peoples bull**** and its like they're crying our for help. Our class is legit and we'll add alot more. I'm with you this doom and gloom **** is weird. I hope these are teenagers and not adults writing this b.s

Advertisement
Back