I tried to tell y'all about crystal

I’m sure you said the same when Manny lost to FIU.
What can you point to as an improvement with this team since Mario took over? Nothing.
Our offense has regressed. Our D is no better and might be might be worse. We gave up 4 plays over 69 yards against a conference USA team.
Our culture is no better. What improvements have you seen that gives you faith we are headed in the right direction.

We would be better off right now with Al Golden than this $12 million staff.
I’ll remember this post in a few years.

What happened on Saturday was inexcusable for any coach, especially the amount of money we’re paying.

But If you’re trying to compare Manny Diaz and Mario Cristobal, you simply don’t know football.

Advertisement
I don't believe our coaches suck but man they didn't help our players. Ivey is asked to play one-on-one giving a 2-yard cushion after already giving up 4 plays over 60 yards. Knowing he is slow, he should have been 10 yards off OR should have been allowed to manhandle the smurf at the line. Instead, we are asking a 4.6 40 kid to turn and run with a 4.4-4.3 type smurf. Same play, why isn't Ivey tackling the kid with the ball in the air while he is running past him? Bad coaching or bad execution? Same play, we have 8 in the box and four rushing the QB. If we are trying to rush his throw, you can't have 3 guys standing at the 5-yard line within 5 yards of each other.

Teams now have the blueprint for beating Miami.
1. Force Miami to pass the ball and blitz them. In the redzone, 8 in the box until Miami finds an answer.
2. Spread the offense out and force Miami to stop the passing game. Make Miami tackle in space and make the safeties decide between giving up shorter plays vs TDs. Clearly, our guys would rather give up TDs. Mix in a QB that can run and Miami is in big trouble.

The one bright spot... we have a punter for the next 3-4 years that just averaged 47.5 yards per punt... we may need it with how bad our O can be.

Could've had Lane Kiffin. Dude was begging to come here (unlike Wario, who we had to court and beg for months), and yet we didn't even look his way. Because he's not a Miami guy, bro.

Advertisement
Could've had Lane Kiffin. Dude was begging to come here (unlike Wario, who we had to court and beg for months), and yet we didn't even look his way. Because he's not a Miami guy, bro.
Yeah, but everybody said the defense wouldn’t be up to Miami standards with Lane. So at least we dodged that bullet.

I wanted Kiffin, Aranda, Stoops or the Pirate before MC last November. Nothing has changed my opinion.
Kiffin and Stoops were my top choices. We didn't even consider anyone but Mario, because MiAmI GuY bRo.

Our admin, boosters, and most of the fanbase are stuck living in the past and it's prevented this program from ever moving forward. Literally every HC we've hired the last 20 years save for Golden has been a Miami guy, and we've routinely done so without ever interviewing or considering other candidates first.

Kiffin and Stoops were my top choices. We didn't even consider anyone but Mario, because MiAmI GuY bRo.

Our admin, boosters, and most of the fanbase are stuck living in the past and it's prevented this program from ever moving forward. Literally every HC we've hired the last 20 years save for Golden has been a Miami guy, and we've routinely done so without ever interviewing or considering other candidates first.

I appreciate your take but I disagree. This is game 3. See how Kirby did year one. See how others did year one. See this horrible roster. See what remains of Diaz's recruiting or lack thereof. Really smart people hired Mario at Oregon -- people way smarter than you and I. On and on. If game 3 is the litmus test for you and others, then some folks might not have the necessary juices to go thru a 1995-1998 rebuild like we experienced back then.

Its going to hurt, and I am OK with that.

With much respect, PBJ.

All I know which isn't much is Miami has a way of making football a lot harder than it really is. This is a passing game now. You can still control the LOS with a pass first offense. See OHIO STATE, CLEMSON, and BAMA. They all are prime examples of this. These teams all adopted to CFB and now lead the pack every year.

My biggest concern with the Mario hire is playing out right in front of us. He is so stubborn, as most head coaches are, that he would make south florida kids play a style that does not suit them. How many times do we need to try this until someone slaps the HC in the face and tells him it won't work here.

We have seen it with every coaching hire the past 15 years.
Crazy how all of the best teams give you an exact blueprint of how to win games (taint probably the smartest to attempt to copy for our recruiting grounds) and instead pop a boner for bro style. If he insists on it the least he could do is play more like minnesota that is RPO based and gives that atrocious QB easy throws and reads

Advertisement
Wasn't Joe Brady the first OC choice? That kind of dragged out and then Brady announced he preferred to stay in the NFL.
Wasn’t surprised Brady stayed in the NFL. He was an assistant/analyst for Sean Payton at NOR before his one-year stint at LSU.

I’ve always thought once a coach gets a taste of the NFL they want to stay there.

Advertisement
I wanted Kiffin because I knew offensively we would be on fire right now. Still has a home in PBC too. He would've brought Lebby with him and hired a stud DC easily.
He's not Miami enough, bro. He didn't go to Columbus, bro. He doesn't run the bro-style, bro. Do not want an O that scores points too fast, bro.

Did I cover most of the bases there?

Chill! This will not be the last setback. Mario either fixes it or he doesn't.

He's not Miami enough, bro. He didn't go to Columbus, bro. He doesn't run the bro-style, bro. Do not want an O that scores points too fast, bro.

Homerun.

Advertisement
Christobal has smartest guy in the room syndrome. "He was being thorough" .
**** man, even Saban realized he wasn’t always gonna be the smartest and hired those who were. The man adapted. Hopefully Mario realizes that sooner than later.

Wasn’t surprised Brady stayed in the NFL. He was an assistant/analyst for Sean Payton at NOR before his one-year stint at LSU.

I’ve always thought once a coach gets a taste of the NFL they want to stay there.
1664225539254.jpeg

Did he ever win the Broyles Award?

Advertisement
Back