I tried to tell y'all about crystal

Advertisement
heard coach hayes mention how Mario basically hired all his assistants before he hired his coordinators. Ponce and Mirobal were here before Gattis which are his boys. Strong, Rod, Savelia, Addai were here before Steele. Mentioned that maybe there is some kind of disconnect as none of the guys ever really worked together. Not only are the players learning the scheme but also the assistant coaches.

heard coach hayes mention how Mario basically hired all his assistants before he hired his coordinators. Ponce and Mirobal were here before Gattis which are his boys. Strong, Rod, Savelia, Addai were here before Steele. Mentioned that maybe there is some kind of disconnect as none of the guys ever really worked together. Not only are the players learning the scheme but also the assistant coaches.
The whole hiring process was weird AF. Honestly explains why the whole thing took so long

Advertisement
Advertisement
The whole hiring process was weird AF. Honestly explains why the whole thing took so long

I don't think Gattis was anywhere close to his first choice. The timing doesn't suggest that. It makes me wonder who was the first, second, etc choices.

Advertisement
Should fire Gattis right now, it looks bad but losing the rest of the games is far worse. Hand the keys to Ponce (i know....i know). Then Mario has to give full offensive autonomy to a spread OC. All of this won't happen but that's what I hope for.

Just bring in Frost as the primary offense consultant.... tell Gattis to go enjoy the beach on Saturdays

We’re fucctd.
I did not see this coming. I was thrilled with the Cristobal hire. I was sure an experienced, no nonsense coach, and good recruiter was exactly what this program needed.
Boy was I wrong, and I have seen enough to know this is not going to end well.
You don’t get blown out like that vs middle Tennessee state at home and somehow magically turn it around.
Something is not right. I don’t think the players even care, I think they played harder under Manny and that’s not saying much.

His hires have been terrible, his offense philosophy of ball control, three years and a cloud of dust, is never going to work here or anywhere in today’s college football.
Unfortunately, he’ll be here for another decade and by then we’ll be Nebraska. This might be the last nail in the coffin for this program that is already in it’s death throes. We had one chance to get it right and screwed the pooch again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We’re fucctd.
I did not see this coming. I was thrilled with the Cristobal hire. I was sure an experienced, no nonsense coach, and good recruiter was exactly what this program needed.
Boy was I wrong, and I have seen enough to know this is not going to end well.
You don’t get blown out like that vs middle Tennessee state at home and somehow magically turn it around.
Something is not right. I don’t think the players even care, I think they played harder under Manny and that’s not saying much.

His hires have been terrible, his offense philosophy of ball control, three years and a cloud of dust, is never going to work here or anywhere in today’s college football.
Unfortunately, he’ll be here for another decade and by then we’ll be Nebraska. This might be the last nail in the coffin for this program that is already in it’s death throes. We had one chance to get it right and screwed the pooch again.
Fvvk you this ain't over, have faith

Fvvk you this ain't over, have faith
I’m sure you said the same when Manny lost to FIU.
What can you point to as an improvement with this team since Mario took over? Nothing.
Our offense has regressed. Our D is no better and might be might be worse. We gave up 4 plays over 69 yards against a conference USA team.
Our culture is no better. What improvements have you seen that gives you faith we are headed in the right direction.

We would be better off right now with Al Golden than this $12 million staff.

I’m sure you said the same when Manny lost to FIU.
What can you point to as an improvement with this team since Mario took over? Nothing.
Our offense has regressed. Our D is no better and might be might be worse. We gave up 4 plays over 69 yards against a conference USA team.
Our culture is no better. What improvements have you seen that gives you faith we are headed in the right direction.

We would be better off right now with Al Golden than this $12 million staff.
I’m normally team mope but jeez some of you need to be prescribed xanax or something. It’s literally been 4 games. 4.
This is 1) a scheme issue 2) a mental issue with the players.

“What improvements have you seen that gives you faith we are headed in the right direction?”
Idk how about actually getting good OL recruits committed for the first time in how long? How about beating a highly talented SEC team in the trenches on both sides of the ball just a week ago?

Don’t get me wrong this situation is insufferable, but you guys act like the next 10 years is already over.

Even manny fired his OC and switched it up and hired lashlee. Probably should blame BMAC for leaving when/how he did for messing with the coaching hires.

Advertisement
Back