I tried telling y'all that Manny is that coach

Advertisement
Well , I mean, he who will not be named but coaches defensive backs NEEDS to go.

All I know is this, what Manny BETTER NOT do is just promote his buddy Banda to a role he has no business being in. As long as THAT doesn't happen and they go out and make a change....I'll at least applaud him for being proactive.

Why are you still hoping Pitt and the rest to beat us?

Why don’t you bump all those threads you started and constantly bumped where you openly begged everyone to root against the Canes to win?

Lol so no problem with threads like this but as soon as it’s a thread criticizing Baker it has to be shut down?
Don't be a child. You can criticize Baker all you want, as long as it's more than "BAKER MUST GO", over and over again. Like maybe focus on some bad play calls or something.

Advertisement
Manny being “ the guy “ talk is quickly approaching “ is Miami back” annoying status. Credit to Manny making changes in the offseason. He had to, his *** was on the line after losing down the stretch and falling apart the way this team did. I’m taking it one game at a time with him.

Think week 2 is a little premature to gloat Andrew. Especially with 4 scholarship corners and apparently 0 scholarship Wrs.

Advertisement
I like your positivity

I have been harping for years about seeing some of the offensive chances Lashlee has brought.

The results speak for themselves.

All we have to do is take away the free space in the short passing game. I think run blitzing with a line backer would help contain Clemson’s ground attack. We CANNOT allow their slot and TE to just run free. We should be playing a lot more physically in coverage near the line.

Manny is just getting started. I can't wait to see what this program looks like in another 2 years.
If he keeps recruiting like this year, And the offense system stays the same,theres no reason we shouldn't be playing for the acc championship every year minimum.

Advertisement
Wasn't he promoted by Richt just before he retired. And I believe he was made co-DC. He must not have had complete confidence in him. I still don't know how that was supposed to work.

When Manny came back, he decided not to demote and humiliate him. He was in the middle of recruiting season.
Yes. but that was almost 2 years ago....kinda goes back to how we had 3 oc’s with richt. who is ultimately responsible when the defense fails, both are the hc’s personal mentees and they’re running the hc’s defense? The answer: nobody

Advertisement
I honestly can’t figure out why a lot of y’all WANT him to fail. He’s a proven defensive coach, he’s proven that he’s willing to acknowledge his mistakes and correct them quickly, he’s proven that he can recruit and he’s proven that he’s more than capable of being a CEO type of figure head, making great offseason moves.

Does he still have some things to prove as the head coach? Of course. I’d like for him to continue to improve as a leader and not be rigid when it comes to retaining/firing his guys on the defensive staff(even though I’d imagine most coaches our hesitant to fire “their guys“, especially when their side of the ball has been pretty good considering).

But bottom line, he’s 15 games into his head coaching career and he’s shown a lot to like as HC and still things to work on but we should WANT him to succeed. I think he has the capability to really get things rolling for us. But wanting him to fail makes no sense to me. Recruiting would crumble and it’d do nothing but set us back even further.

We should all be rooting for Manny and this team. 2-0 and counting. Let’s take FSU’s heart this week. Go Canes!

I am not sold on Manny yet. But this point remains, however suspect the defense was last year, the offense was 1000x worse. He made a change in the area that had the most obvious need. In that respect, I have some confidence that he will make more changes going forward if the defense continues to regress. There is an element of wisdom in not making wholesale changes on both sides of the ball in year 2.

Advertisement
Back