I TOLD YOU ITS HAPPENING

He would also probably do well at less heralded football programs in Florida like FIU or FAU. Not going to beat out the big 3 for recruits, but he could find dozens of 1-2 star players with crazy speed but questionable hands. The air raid would be perfect for these types of kids since it gets them the ball in space. Against similar low tier competition, he would probably go 10-2 and his hype would get his program into the top 20 every year. At a major school, he's too weird and bad for recruiting. At schools in weak conferences without a strong football tradition, he'd make the school a lot of money.

Advertisement
don't think SEC is a good fit for him

I don't think so either. He has to coach in the BIG Whatever in Texas, or the PAC Whatever out West.

I don't see why everybody is looking in the rearview mirror with Leach, Mullen and Butch to a certain extent. I think we have the right man for the job right here. My only beef with him is some of the play calling; but it's a very small beef.

He was better than Dykes at TTU. He went 9-3, 8-5, 9-4, 11-2, 9-5 has last 5 years there.

Lies. Mike Leach had two free advantages: he stopped playing the Power 5 teams OOC that Dykes used to play, and the NCAA added the 12th game. In other words, he took a 7-5 program, dropped the Georgias and Arizona States, got an extra game, and next thing you know he's 8-5 or 9-4. Same as Dykes.

hes a fun and enthusiastic coach but I am well satisfied with our staff at present. Good luck to the pirate

Advertisement
Mike Leach haters are some of the stupidest most ill-motivated people you'll find. Always desperately hoping that he doesn't get a chance at a place where he can recruit so they can maintain the illusion that he couldn't win there.
[TWEET]919082046852493312[/TWEET]
34 point beat down
7 turnovers, 5INT's & 9sacks
Only rushed for 23yds against 3-3 Cal

Da Pirate would have been a natural in Miami where real pirates roamed.
image.gif

Don't make me regurgitate my annual Mike Leach post. You'll be so embarrassed that you will have to create yet another screen name.

Unless your info includes an account of the time he was hired at Texas, USC, Miami, Florida, etc. and had losing seasons, then it doesn't change my main point which is that he's not had the kind of chance that many other coaches have had who have produced less success than he has. Is it possible he might not do as well as I expect? Sure. But we don't know, and I'm just tired of people stating this as if it's some proven fact. Did Jimmy Johnson win a conf championship at OSU? Did Saban win one at MSU? Then there's Kiffin, Muschamp, Golden, Miles, McElwain, Sarkisian, the list just goes on and on. Coaches like that always get chances, while Leach keeps getting trashed by those who seem zealously motivated to hold him to a different standard. No one's saying he's guaranteed to be the next Belichick or Saban, but with some actual elite defensive talent, he may be very good.

The anti-Leach thing is because some of us can look deeper than the 65 points he would score against Prairie View. The guy's entire tenure at Texas Tech was smoke and mirrors. He severely weakened the OOC schedule, giving him four guaranteed wins, then won four or five conference games. Just like the guy before him did. He got your attention because of the 65 points against Prairie View.

Gary Pinkel had more Big 12 success than Mike Leach at the exact same time, but got no attention because he didn't score 65 points and didn't have funny press conferences.

Leach is having a nice year, but like we said, he hasn't had that 40 point loss to an unranked team yet.

**** good call bro! It was actually a 34 point beat down to a 3-3 Cal team

View attachment 51876

ill posted this in that game thread figure i shoot it here

whoever thinks that guy can coach at that certain school ok, but people who think he can coach here at miami dont understand there own team. U need a versatile coach who can recruit and manage and coach, Leach would be a retarded hire and sfla kids would not play for him period. U can have all the nice x's and o's and even wins here and there but if he doesnt recruit u still lose the elite stud who should represent this university at the next level and do it well as an elite nfl guy. Leach cant do that period end of story

Advertisement
View attachment 51876

whoever thinks that guy can coach at that certain school ok, but people who think he can coach here at miami dont understand there own team. U need a versatile coach who can recruit and manage and coach, Leach would be a retarded hire and sfla kids would not play for him period. U can have all the nice x's and o's and even wins here and there but if he doesnt recruit u still lose the elite stud who should represent this university at the next level and do it well as an elite nfl guy. Leach cant do that period end of story

Keeping it real-standard procedure Dwin. GO CANES!!

View attachment 51876

Keeping it real-standard procedure Dwin. GO CANES!!

Watch Leach's post game interview, dudes a giant baby.

Was not right about losing the next two games since they defeated Oregon but I am going to be right about this thread looking like the best coach in MIss State thread.

This team will lose at least a couple more in blowout fashion.
It is very predictable.

**** I just woke up and saw the score 37 - 3 Cal lol So close smh

Why was Washington state ranked in the top 10 anyway?? Fake media narrative

Advertisement
**** I just woke up and saw the score 37 - 3 Cal lol So close smh

Why was Washington state ranked in the top 10 anyway?? Fake media narrative

Because they beat an over-hyped USC team.

Yep.

Washington State got the home upset on a Friday night against USC and then had it turned around on them in a Friday night game at Cal.

Thursday and Friday night road games are ambushes.

And, of course, Leach is a goofball and always loses games like that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back