I think we are really going to be surprised this year

Advertisement
**LONG*** I am not drinking Kool - Aid, so I will state facts, mixed with a little bit of my truth. Manny Diaz is my coach! All the criticism from last year he deserved. The awesome thing is, he knows he does. Everything that needed to be addressed he did it.

With that criticism comes truth. We were severely upset this season because we looked at where we were incorrectly. We were a 7-6 team, and the worst mistake Manuel made was hiring an OC that was actually worse than Richt and his son. Not only that but Enos had an entitled cancerous personality.

So here are my truths integrated with facts. Before Manuel's inaugural year. We were 7-6. Manny came in first year coach ****y and thinking he had the answers that would bring about a solution. (There are many statistics that show, that we are an elite team when we score 30 points or more the last 4 years.) So without the solution Manny turned us into a 6-7 team.

One more loss than last year with below as factors:

-We lost 3 games because of the kicker - Baxa was horrible, I mean at a historical level.

-We lost 3 starters on the Defensive line

-We lost two NFL starting safeties

-Enos was worse than Richt

-Linebacker room became unbelievably thin because of injuries. ( real big deal when your offense is absolutely last in the country on 3rd downs)

So the surprise with all the additions. D'Eriq coupled with Rhett, more maturity and depth defensively. I am predicting a slightly below LSU type turnaround. All they did was change the offense. We have done so much more,and we all remember that LSU and the country was wanting to get rid of their coach. The school kept him and they are champions. We actually could of beat them the year we played if our offense was not horribly predictable. Malik Rosier was still making plays! That's hilarious. God Bless mucho love Canes fam
Stopped reading your truth and facts at “Manny Diaz is my coach”.

20-1. That's our record when scoring 30+ the last 4 years with Manny's Diaz. We're 45-3 when scoring 30+ going back a few more years to the Golden era. There's absolutely a lot to be excited for going into this season finally having a real offense. And this defense is absolutely built for this kind of offense. Our defensive line finally getting to play with a lead for once? Greg and Roche are about to feast on teams trying to throw to keep up on the scoreboard.

Advertisement
In my 25 years of watching football Last year’s Miami was one of the worst coached teams I ever seen. Manny Diaz was not a good game day coach last year and needs to vastly improved. I want to see a discipline team that executes when the game counts. A team that doesn’t commit stupid penalties at the worst time and doesn’t give up first downs on defense when it needs stops. A team that doesn’t lose focus on the first sign of turmoil. I really like Manny Diaz as a person. He seems like a guy that bleeds orange and green and wants to bring us back to the top. I just don’t think he has the game day skills needed to be a big time coach man. Just my two cents you can keep the change.
His clock management was horrible. He would take delay of games with all his timeouts in the first half. QBs and head coach were absolutely clueless about the play clock.

Seriously please NO.....can't take any more surprises:oops::eek:

At least not on the EPIC scale they've been delivering them recently.

There is nothing surprising about Miami doing well. NOTHING... It used to be what was expected.

What was surprising was how we could play so poorly.

I always expect us to do well with the continual talent advantage we've had over our Coastal brethren so doing so would not be surprising.

What would be surprising is Manny showing us that he can double down on last year's ****storm. Because I still don't believe any Miami coach can be that bad

I guess people forget Mark Richt retiring was a surprise, and Manny Diaz took the Temple head coach before hand. Its clear as day Manny Diaz felt like he needed experience running a team as the head coach; Then he voided his contract with Temple as fast as he could, to get hired as head coach with Miami.

Butch Barry was only the assistant offensive line coach for all 4 of his years with the Bucs for a reason. Delone Scaife was a very good "True Freshman, Offensive Tackle" but a unproven John Campbell started the season at right tackle; Zion Nelson was listed at only 240 LBs his senior year in high school.

Dan Enos as the coordinator with Arkansas depended on the running game and.. Alabama with Nick Saban has proven with the collection of talent; That they can win with running the ball and more or less just clutch QB play and as a pass first offense with Tua. Top 10 recruiting classes every year helps just as much as Saban and his philosophy on running a college program.

Advertisement
In my 25 years of watching football Last year’s Miami was one of the worst coached teams I ever seen. Manny Diaz was not a good game day coach last year and needs to vastly improved. I want to see a discipline team that executes when the game counts. A team that doesn’t commit stupid penalties at the worst time and doesn’t give up first downs on defense when it needs stops. A team that doesn’t lose focus on the first sign of turmoil. I really like Manny Diaz as a person. He seems like a guy that bleeds orange and green and wants to bring us back to the top. I just don’t think he has the game day skills needed to be a big time coach man. Just my two cents you can keep the change.

I thought these same things about Dabo for YEARS. Then he got smacked by WVU and 70 points later he was baptized into a different animal.

I thought these same things about Dabo for YEARS. Then he got smacked by WVU and 70 points later he was baptized into a different animal.
That is exactly how I feel about Manny lol.. FIU baptized him. I feel the way he constantly looks for improvement you give him the same amount of time as Dabo and he truly will "build a monster that lasts"

***** is green as they come. The hire is what it is. I definitely acknowledge that the man has worked on correcting the issues. King, Roche, Williams, E. Reed, Lashlee, Justice, and the Wr dude. **** things are looking up. How can hate for a coach be greater than the love for the team you root for? A man's self esteem shouldn't be that low where you wish the best for failure just so you don't feel bad about yourself over losing at a game you're not even playing in...

Advertisement
All I know is we laughed at the gators “lack of talent” for the past 3 years and an offensive overhaul and a qb change got them 10 wins plus a bowl victory.
I’ll go out in a limb and say that King > Trask.
Will it happen is yet to be determined.
I got the sugar the kool aid packet and the water.
I’m gonna mix it and put it in the fridge. I’ll start drinking after sparty gets slayed.
you know trask never played in high school because he was behind King they went to the same school

Advertisement
Not when this board is filled with Trolls and the Mods do nothing about it. PS deadbrain, how many degrees do you have? My degree came from the South Bronx my friend, the South Bronx in Hunt's Point from the 70s, not some rich white *** kid that is spoiled and pampered.
They normally won't, it's a free site, moderators don't give a **** about what's said in here most of the time. Doesn't take a degree to realize that.

Defensive recruiting leaves a lot to be desired.

He really hasn’t addressed that. Time will tell if winning is all it takes.

I go into every season and every game with expectation of winning, but I Overstand that sometimes we gonna lose but at least if we compete, coach with some heart & smarts,and make the games watchable! "Dont ask me if I'm ok I'm pist ER 20 said dominate and we? To be continued :neonu:

Advertisement
Back