I think we are going to be very good..

Advertisement
Most usually do, impossible to run any offense if you can't bock to scheme. Experience is really important, but it hasn't translated yet with this group to this point, and it should have last season. Hoping for a miracle.
I'm not too upset about last year in terms of the OL with Covid wiping out a lot of practice time. This is the year where I expect to see a big leap and I don't think we will need a miracle to get it. We should be a much better running team based on the criteria I listed above. The pass protection will also be better. I expect big things from this offense.

Not wearing Orange Colored Glasses I will be very happy if we go 9-2 and make the ACC Championship

Keep it fairly close against Bama.......and let's hope Clemson gets boatraced by Georgia on the same day.....that can potentially destroy their aura of "almost" invincibility.
Win the rest of the OOC schedule.
Probably lose one ACC Game.
ACC Championship game.....Travis Etienne (Seemed like he was at Clemson forever) and Sunshine are gone to the NFL and I am not entirely convinced that D.J. can carry them)...........we keep oit close and who knows what happens....we "shock the world" and beat Clemson then we go to a NICE Bowl game which can only help with recruiting and getting folks to realize that we are coming back.

Hey I can dream right?

I'm not too upset about last year in terms of the OL with Covid wiping out a lot of practice time. This is the year where I expect to see a big leap and I don't think we will need a miracle to get it. We should be a much better running team based on the criteria I listed above. The pass protection will also be better. I expect big things from this offense.
Covid wiped out practice time for the defenses they played against also, not just them. Some of those guys have been at it for a while, I saw some regression in at least one of them last season, and others not much improvement. But we'll see.

Advertisement
Bama puts up 35+ points on everyone in their sleep so for us to have any chance we need to score at least 35. No one shuts them down.

Not wearing Orange Colored Glasses I will be very happy if we go 9-2 and make the ACC Championship

Keep it fairly close against Bama.......and let's hope Clemson gets boatraced by Georgia on the same day.....that can potentially destroy their aura of "almost" invincibility.
Win the rest of the OOC schedule.
Probably lose one ACC Game.
ACC Championship game.....Travis Etienne (Seemed like he was at Clemson forever) and Sunshine are gone to the NFL and I am not entirely convinced that D.J. can carry them)...........we keep oit close and who knows what happens....we "shock the world" and beat Clemson then we go to a NICE Bowl game which can only help with recruiting and getting folks to realize that we are coming back.

Hey I can dream right?
you think me might not show up like hot garbage in a bowl game finally?

Advertisement
I don't trust the OC.. we all know his play book and he plays timid in big games. Just take your money and buy crypto if you wanna be speculative 😬🤣🤣
I get that you don't trust him but this isn't a matter of trust for me. We did improve significantly on offense in Lashlee's 1st year. Having said that, you are correct that his playbook was small and that he was timid in the Clemson game for sure. Actually the Clemson game had him completely befuddled as to how to solve what they were doing. In fairness, we were dominated on both lines so there really not much you can do about that. What I will say is Lash has more than enough to have a top 25 offense. If I see the same basic playbook and the same pop gun offense vs Bama(I'm not saying he has to drop 50) then I may be right there with you.

I get that you don't trust him but this isn't a matter of trust for me. We did improve significantly on offense in Lashlee's 1st year. Having said that, you are correct that his playbook was small and that he was timid in the Clemson game for sure. Actually the Clemson game had him completely befuddled as to how to solve what they were doing. In fairness, we were dominated on both lines so there really not much you can do about that. What I will say is Lash has more than enough to have a top 25 offense. If I see the same basic playbook and the same pop gun offense vs Bama(I'm not saying he has to drop 50) then I may be right there with you.
Timid in the UNC game too, timid in the Ok State game three. Gus's system is gimmicky and Saban knows it very well. Anyway I'm not going to nitpick. I don't trust our HC or OC. I've seen enough but hopefully they shut me up. At this point something has to give.

No, it can’t. It’s been proven analytically many times on this site.

But let’s just put it this way. If Miami flops this year and Manny is fired, he will be unemployed for about 0.7 seconds. He will be a DC at a P5 program absolutely instantly.

Im not sure why you feel you need to dig in on good versus very good. But okay, I’m happy for you that you are passionate about Manny as DC.

No need for the “as usual” comments. I like a lot of about our players and coaches, and the trajectory of the team. That doesn’t mean I don’t have concerns.

Yeah obviously in a new system, no spring last year, etc., Lashlee gets a big pass for improving the offense from the hot garbage he inherited.

But now, with a year, a spring, experience everywhere returning, there’s no excuse not to be the top overall offense in the acc and consistently be aggressive in his playcalls.

let’s see how he looks this year but the overall positives far outweighed the Clemson, UNC, O State problems.

Advertisement
And I’ll tell you every day of the week that a HC as an actual football coach is overrated as fvck. The job of the HC is to build the roster and hire the coaches.
This. A million times. The guys who win the most aren’t master strategists or coaching savants. They’re the guys who amass the most talent and hire the best assistants. There’s no big time head coach out there doing groundbreaking things. The savants are all experimenting at the lower levels. When they come across something that works, the big guys just copy it.

This is not a lool-aid take. We’re the seasoned team on offense. We have a Heisman quarterback. We have two projected first round picks in Zion and Mallory. Most likely, after this game, we’ll have three with Stevenson. Their defense is legit, but ours is no joke. If we can take it to their offense and cause turnovers and points on that side, we win. We’re winning. Enjoy that loser mentality, it’s what makes the winners salivate. We win. []_[]
Mallory isn't even a 2nd round pick..stop the lies. No real DE depth. King isn't a Heisman trophy guy. He has to play better in big games too. I need sharper throws and better decision making.

Advertisement
Mallory isn't even a 2nd round pick..stop the lies. No real DE depth. King isn't a Heisman trophy guy. He has to play better in big games too. I need sharper throws and better decision making.
Miami is top 10 in returning players and bama is top 10 in nonreturning. So that’s huge but. U are correct about the DEs

Advertisement
Back