I think UM makes a run at portal QB Michael Johnson Jr.

Advertisement
Is he related to this guy?
1592232810052.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rhett recruited him while at SMU. He was recruited by UM and also visted UM. He would have to sit out 2020. And would have three years left to play.

I never understand why people use “recruited him“ as a justification for going hard after somebody. “Recruited him“ means they talked, they had a little communications, a little back-and-forth.

It doesn’t mean “offered“ him.

It doesn’t mean he was even a take.

It just meant there was some interest, and some communications back-and-forth.

As far as Johnson, I don’t claim to be an expert on quarterbacks, but most of the evaluations, and comments, I’ve seen about say more of a great athlete, has great wheels, but maybe doesn’t have what it takes, including quarterback skills, to be a Division I starting college quarterback. Maybe that’s right, maybe that’s wrong. But there are lots of question marks about him.

If he won was even close to being very good, he would be contending for the Penn State job, even if he doesn’t win it. But it sounds like from everything I’ve heard, that there was no chance for him. What does that tell you?

I never understand why people use “recruited him“ as a justification for going hard after somebody. “Recruited him“ means they talked, they had a little communications, a little back-and-forth.

As far as Johnson, I don’t claim to be an expert on quarterbacks, but most of the evaluations, and comments, I’ve seen about say more of a great athlete, has great wheels, but maybe doesn’t have what it takes, including quarterback skills, to be a Division I starting college quarterback. Maybe that’s right, maybe that’s wrong. But there are lots of question marks about him.

If he won was even close to being very good, he would be contending for the Penn State job, even if he doesn’t win it. But it sounds like from everything I’ve heard, that there was no chance for him. What does that tell you?

Tells us Penn State is racist!

I mean...last several heisman winners didnt win the job at the first college and transferred...

Not saying that we should recruit Michael but your logic is incorrect.

I agree that he's trash but what does that have to do with King? He's not eligible this year if he transfers...
Even still we have players who will benefit from learning Rhett’s playbook like Perry, Tate, and TVD, players who will learn from King. No need to even pursue him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean...last several heisman winners didnt win the job at the first college and transferred...

Not saying that we should recruit Michael but your logic is incorrect.

There are always exceptions, but in your example maybe only Baker Mayfield (and I’m not even sure about him) was not considered a legit starting thread where they were before.

Advertisement
Back