I think Deshawn Troutman is

Advertisement
I don't know who Kris Moll is but I do know who UAB is. So if we have someone who's supposed to be at UAB on Miami roster then we could see some dark days. With that being said... Troutman is no Kris Moll. That's why he's at Miami.

Seems to follow the trend of LBs we recruit. National 3* that should have been high 4* that everyone else over looked. Here's to hoping he isn't the next Steed, Brooks, Huff, McCloud, Jennings, ___________every other LB here last 10 years not named Perryman.
Brooks Huff and McClost were 4 star guys

kid didn't do any camps which help raise your national profile and ranking. kHes a talented kid and will work his *** off on the field. he just has to keep the attitude right and his temper in control and hes gonna be a fine college LBer. we don't need him to be an NFL stud but a kid who will excel in college

Advertisement
I don't know who Kris Moll is but I do know who UAB is. So if we have someone who's supposed to be at UAB on Miami roster then we could see some dark days. With that being said... Troutman is no Kris Moll. That's why he's at Miami.
We gonna just act like Khalil Mack didn't play at FCS Buffalo before going on to DOMINATE the league? If you can play, you can play.

LOL, you should, He had 11 tackles vs us.

Advertisement
He’ll be 5’9” by the end of spring 😂

Sam Mills was just incredible. His size and stature were very unimpressive. He reminds me of the Bruce Willis character in the movie Unbreakable. Didn't look like much, but could do incredible things. When I lived in NJ, I saw Sam several times at Powerhouse gym in Freehold, NJ. If you saw him and didn't know him, you'd say there is no way this guy played NFL football. He didn't look super jacked with muscle, but he was incredibly strong in the weight room.

Sadly, he left us far too soon. R.I.P.

Last edited:
Then it was a mistake to take a G5 level talent. Kristopher Moll wouldn’t start on most P5 teams. This is a SFL hype job.
If I remember correctly, Moll was all over the field against us making plays or getting involved near the ball

Then it was a mistake to take a G5 level talent. Kristopher Moll wouldn’t start on most P5 teams. This is a SFL hype job.
Arent you the guy who prides himself on finding hidden gems in recruiting? Can't hate on a kid for falling through the cracks and outperforming where he ended up.

Advertisement
Kristopher Moll. If y’all know you know. Kris was a small linebacker at coral gables high school that was always around the ball. Fast to the ball. Impressive movement skills that allowed him to remain clean off blocks because guys couldn’t touch him. Tough as **** and a hard hitter despite being undersized for the position. He went as a 2 star to UAB and has BALLED there in a role similar to the striker with a lot of blitzing. I believe I see a bit of him in troutmans tape and I hope they can have similar production at the next level. I’m 2019 he had 103 tackles, 9 sacks, a pick, 18 TFL and 4 forced fumbles. Received all conference USA as well I believe. Heard he’ll be drafted not sure if he declared this year however.

We’d all jump out of our lazy-boy chairs if Troutman can put up those types of numbers. It would be nice to see one of our LB’ers hit that level of production

Advertisement
Agree with mccloud and jennings! But brooks has flashed and huff needs feely to get him right...steed im still waiting!

I think what he’s getting at is for yrs, we’ve called every single 3 star player, a steal or under the radar player who’s going to be a beast for us, yet we either get no production, to a flash from said players. The last guy who was a 3star at the LB position that exceeded all expectations was Young Denzel The Don. Prior to & after, we’ve hyped all these guys & the most we’ve seen is a flash. Cant keep talking about Bama & their roster, while we have a propensity, particularly at the DT & LB position (sans Nesta & Huff) to habitually recruit “under the radar” guys.

However, I always give a kid a fair shot; Troutman looks like a player from his highlights. So I’m truly hoping he’s the next great LB here.

Advertisement
Back