I sure hope Mario does something about the holding calls this year

Advertisement
I asked him.

His exact response was “Hold this.”
weakest link lol GIF by Justin Gammon

Mario: You going to call that or not John?

Ref, named John apparently: Call it like I see it coach...

Mario: Call this mother ******.

km_20220325_240p.gif

Advertisement
As good as the DL is said to be, I can just see the refs standing there like statues seeing guys like Taylor, Jackson and ohers get their jerseys almost torn off.
I hope he does something too. Something like take our *** out of the ACC

Advertisement
Well he needs to be in their ear early and often. 2017 was the worst I have ever seen. I keep seeing the visions of Trent Harris, Garvin and Chad Thomas literally having their jerseys pulled under their shoulder pads and the ref standing there like he's watching a drive in movie.
Some of the most egregious holding non calls I’ve ever seen. Wasn’t there a statistic to go along with it

Some of the most egregious holding non calls I’ve ever seen. Wasn’t there a statistic to go along with it
I remember someone posted it around that time but i cant find it. I do remember seeing the numbers and that in and of itself was a fireable offense. It's one thing to miss a call but to just stand there and see it and do nothing is just flat out cheating.

Advertisement
Well he needs to be in their ear early and often. 2017 was the worst I have ever seen. I keep seeing the visions of Trent Harris, Garvin and Chad Thomas literally having their jerseys pulled under their shoulder pads and the ref standing there like he's watching a drive in movie.
What I loved about it was you didn't even need to see it. The fact the most disruptive front 4 in football never got held in all those games is just beyond belief. Even bad DL get held sometimes.

Agree about Tobacco Road Mafia, but you think we are going to SEC and start getting better calls? I don't they still have their darlings like Alabama and Georgia.

If we got to Big 10, you think those guys are going to call it fairly? Nope they still
Will favor their old school teams like Ohio State and Michigan.
We need out of the ACC like yesterday, but the idea we'll get better treatment in another conference is laughable. I don't need to know where we'll end up to know they'll hate us. F*cking EVERYBODY hates us.

Advertisement
Im sure Mario will get on their asses if its blatant...but even Mark Richt was ready to choke out a ref and they followed that up with the easiest pass interference call ignored in the year 2017.

LCE nailed it, gotta get out of this fvck *** D tier conference

*edit, post above me nailed it too lol*

I agree with Lu that Officiating in general is largely an issue for Rad to deal with the league offices over.

However, a common theme with our string of failed coaches is that their sideline demeanors were such that Pretty much all of them rarely got in the face of officials even when we were clearly getting jobbed. And Manny was perhaps the least likely to say anything about it, but they were all guilty of it going back to Coker.

Sometimes the HC just has to work the refs. They don’t have to be Bob Stoops out there necessarily but it can be the difference between getting screwed for the rest of the game, or getting that makeup call that saves a drive.

These posts are so weird. Do you think previous coaches didn't complain about lack of holding calls? Do you think Mario has some sort of special combination of words to make the refs finally throw the flags?

Advertisement
Back