I sure hope Mario does something about the holding calls this year

For fear of what?
Fear is a strong word but I know certain refs are more resistant in certain scenarios with certain HC’s. If you don’t give them **** then they won’t care.

Advertisement
There’s not much that can really be done about it, except him complaining about it publicly & that’s not his style.

That’s a Tobacco Road Mafia issue & the only solution to that problem is leaving the conference, which we’re supposed to be trying to do now...
You aren’t wrong, Richt nearly choked that ref and nothing improved.

Fear is a strong word but I know certain refs are more resistant in certain scenarios with certain HC’s. If you don’t give them **** then they won’t care.
I will gladly agree the Canes get the short end of the stick with regards to bad calls. However, name me a coach that never has a bad call go against him, and you win.

I thought maybe we would see the end of it when Richt brought his clout to us, but he was dumbfounded with the bias he didn’t get at UGA. At the end of the day I think the conference and the logo speaks loudest. The head coach…not so much.

Some of the most egregious holding non calls I’ve ever seen. Wasn’t there a statistic to go along with it
Can’t find an actual statistic, but I did find that the last holding call was against F$U on 10/7/17, and then none all the way till the ACCCG against Clemson after the game was well in hand. Then more fvckery by $EC refs in the Wisconsin game that caused Richt to finally have a meltdown.

According to this article, the magic number of holding calls we got all season was 6

https://caneswarning.com/2017/12/31/caused-mark-richt-meltdown/amp/

Last edited:
Some of the most egregious holding non calls I’ve ever seen. Wasn’t there a statistic to go along with it

We had some insane sack/pressure numbers that year and only one holding call against us on the entire season including bowl game.

Something like that

Advertisement
The only way to ensure we don’t continuously get fck’d on these non holding penalties is to dry snitch to the media about it. Provide clips and let the media embarrass the ACC. That’s the only way to stop this bullsh1t.

It literally makes a 5* kid a 3* kid on potentially game-changing plays! Totally neutralizes any talent advantage up front and decides outcomes. **** makes me mad as fck just thinking about it 😡😡😡😡😡

Advertisement
Back