I see an upside to this

The good that will come out of this is that we will get to see who gives us the best chance of winning now. Is it Malik or Perry? We will find out..hopefully.

Advertisement
Seems like we are getting what we really want. Let rosier start and if we win great we win because thats truly what we all want. But if we lose this loss falls purely on the shoulders of mark richt and he will have alot to answer for. I think Richt is masking the problems by creating a QB controversy. But in reality all he will be left with is Perry couldnt get it done, Rosier couldnt get it done. SO COACH IS QB REALLY THE PROBLEM HERE OR IS IT SOMETHING ELSE???

If we started Perry and Perry struggles we would be right back to square one post UVA.

Look I want Perry to get as much experience as possible because there is no future for Rosier but what we really want is for CMR to wake up and see no matter who he plays at QB the problems run deeper.
NICE POST.....

Because Perry's ready or he's not. If he is, play him. If not, don't. I can't see how getting the start will be more damaging to him than the waffling about who the starter is.
I agree with it

We're in a situation where I think he's gonna play the hot hand. Both QBs have been terribly inconsistent so he's giving roaier the opportunity to stay in or he'll give the reigns back to Perry. He's letting them know ahead of time they both need to ne ready to win it

They will both play plenty.

He's letting them do it on the field and he's letting the RS senior start the game until everyone settles down on the road against a decent opponent..

Why is that so crazy?

Because the redshirt senior sucks and we have ample evidence that he himself is not any good on the road, especially in the first half.

You dont think he cares about winning football games? come on now. If this gamble fails he will absolutely look to himself.
No, opposite actually. I think he cares ALOT about winning and proving himself a legendary coach considering the way he was pushed out at UGA and Miami most likely being his last chance ever at winning at a high level. What i meant by the statement is dont think there is anyone in or around the program that can reprimand him or force him to make any changes he doesnt want to.

Advertisement
Something I believe is lost on all this QB "controversy" is the FACT that our OL has not played. This is indisputable. The individual players may be serviceable, but the unit as a whole has not played well - especially in the run game. Whatever the reason is for our sub-par OL play, the fact remains that not many QB's could be very successful behind it. Play calling could help but when you have a RSFR that apparently hasn't dedicated himself to learn the playbook and a RSSR that has limited capabilities, the playbook has obviously had to be limited as well.

Advertisement
It’s rooting against the Canes season already? Does Caneswear have opposing teams apparel in yet?

I agree with it

We're in a situation where I think he's gonna play the hot hand. Both QBs have been terribly inconsistent so he's giving roaier the opportunity to stay in or he'll give the reigns back to Perry. He's letting them know ahead of time they both need to ne ready to win it

When have you ever seen Rosier "hot" at the start of a game? His only saving grace is that sometimes he can turn it on late, so I can't for the life of me imagine him starting and doing well.

Something I believe is lost on all this QB "controversy" is the FACT that our OL has not played. This is indisputable. The individual players may be serviceable, but the unit as a whole has not played well - especially in the run game. Whatever the reason is for our sub-par OL play, the fact remains that not many QB's could be very successful behind it. Play calling could help but when you have a RSFR that apparently hasn't dedicated himself to learn the playbook and a RSSR that has limited capabilities, the playbook has obviously had to be limited as well.

OL play has most definitely not been lost. The thing is that shuffle as much as you want, we aren't going to have a good line this year. There's still a chance of getting some decent QB play though.

If Richt can tweak his play calling to help out, there's still a chance Perry could have a good season. Maybe not great, but at least good. At least enough to give us hope for next year.

Butch's offense appeared to have on less play than Richt's when we played them this year. The stubbornness he showed continually trying to run into our defense was mind boggling.

What was mind bottling was how he covered the spread against a vastly superior roster with his 2-3 star guys.

Advertisement
You're assuming Richt has someone to answer to. Hes the Head Honcho, our very own Papa Bowden. I dont see anyone having more power/pull than him, especially after the money he donated.

That 1 million was money well spent basically he can collect checks as long as he wants

Advertisement
Back