I see an upside to this

borncane

Redshirt Freshman
Seems like we are getting what we really want. Let rosier start and if we win great we win because thats truly what we all want. But if we lose this loss falls purely on the shoulders of mark richt and he will have alot to answer for. I think Richt is masking the problems by creating a QB controversy. But in reality all he will be left with is Perry couldnt get it done, Rosier couldnt get it done. SO COACH IS QB REALLY THE PROBLEM HERE OR IS IT SOMETHING ELSE???

If we started Perry and Perry struggles we would be right back to square one post UVA.

Look I want Perry to get as much experience as possible because there is no future for Rosier but what we really want is for CMR to wake up and see no matter who he plays at QB the problems run deeper.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You're assuming Richt has someone to answer to. Hes the Head Honcho, our very own Papa Bowden. I dont see anyone having more power/pull than him, especially after the money he donated.

Advertisement
You're assuming Richt has someone to answer to. Hes the Head Honcho, our very own Papa Bowden. I dont see anyone having more power/pull than him, especially after the money he donated.

You dont think he cares about winning football games? come on now. If this gamble fails he will absolutely look to himself.

Did this read as though i was rooting against the canes??? thats not what i intended. I am just saying if we lose then its all on Richt.

No, I get what you're saying, I definitely do. But it comes across as win-win kind of equals, if we lose, we still win.

I'm not on the same page with those who think Dabo did us any favors in getting Golden fired. If we need to make change happen, we need to make it happen without going through that kind of embarrassment.

So, I get where you're coming from, I just don't want to think of it that way. And bottom line, even if we manage to eek out a win against BC because the defense scores two TD's and Malik goes 50% passing, I'm not going to be convinced everything is fixed just because we won a game against an average to below average P5 opponent.

Advertisement
watch the bedwetters jump on this but ..... Butch was the right hire to replace Sideline Al Golden's sorry ***.. NOT Mork !

Butch's offense appeared to have on less play than Richt's when we played them this year. The stubbornness he showed continually trying to run into our defense was mind boggling.

Butch's offense appeared to have on less play than Richt's when we played them this year. The stubbornness he showed continually trying to run into our defense was mind boggling.
conan2.gif

Advertisement
Problem is, we will lose with him and the starting QB for next season will have far less playing time under his belt.

Advertisement
No, I get what you're saying, I definitely do. But it comes across as win-win kind of equals, if we lose, we still win.

I'm not on the same page with those who think Dabo did us any favors in getting Golden fired. If we need to make change happen, we need to make it happen without going through that kind of embarrassment.

So, I get where you're coming from, I just don't want to think of it that way. And bottom line, even if we manage to eek out a win against BC because the defense scores two TD's and Malik goes 50% passing, I'm not going to be convinced everything is fixed just because we won a game against an average to below average P5 opponent.

I'm with you. Op's point relies on accountability. "If we lose this loss falls purely on the shoulders of mark richt and he will have alot to answer for." Unfortunately that's just not true. Nobody is going to fire him. Nobody is going to threaten him. Nobody will demand staff changes. Leaving fans to hold him accountable.

Win or lose the fanbase was already ****ED. @The Franchise nailed it when he said that was the day Richt lost the fanbase. Outside of making Jon OC, announcing the switch to Malik today was the WORST thing he could've possibly done at this time. Unless Malik plays FLAWLESSLY, he's going to be booed when we play Duke. And since we all know Malik will play like Malik, odds are a banner will be flying that day. Richt will complain about it in his post game presser and that will be worst that happens.

So no. Starting Malik is not a win-win. It is a slap in the face by a guy who will NEVER be held accountable.

They will both play plenty.

He's letting them do it on the field and he's letting the RS senior start the game until everyone settles down on the road against a decent opponent..

Why is that so crazy?

Because Perry's ready or he's not. If he is, play him. If not, don't. I can't see how getting the start will be more damaging to him than the waffling about who the starter is.

Unfortunately there's no situation where that game means everything's fixed. Even if Richt were making changes or if he were 100% correct in the way he's been doing things, the amount of change we need for things to be "fixed" can't happen in 2 weeks.

Advertisement
Back