I really think Chip Kelly Gets The Gig...

Southbeach44

Sophomore
Premium
Here is why:

He has ****ed off everyone in the NFL, an owner, no doubt coaches, obviously players. The NFL is fraternity like. One can and will get blackballed quickly.

USC has their guy allegedly and it is not Chip Kelly.

Chip Kelly is an ego maniac and what better place to be an ego maniac than South Beach?

Miami is willing to finally pay up big time.

I truly believe Blake James knows his job is on the line, He is going all out and he knows if he lands Chip Kelly he will be a GOD.

Oh, by the way If I am wrong, we get Butch Davis.

Its finally great to be a Miami Hurricane again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The only two available places where I can see Chip Kelly duplicating or exceeding what he did in Oregon is Miami and USC. Those are the two schools that are mentioned most in regards to him. But...Per an ESPN blogger USC already has a coach(hopefully not Chip Kelly) that their willing to give 8 million too. Their assuming its Gruden or John Harbaugh. No mention of Chip Kelly, actually another Kelly, one that roughs up his assistants...Brian.

Where will the Trojans turn for their next coach? - USC Trojans- ESPN

Advertisement
I have no interest in either Chip, but Harbaugh could make me wavier on Butch. He certainly has a lot of experience coaching Canes.

Regarding USC....

If they paid the other Harbaugh 8 million a year, it would be the biggest waste of money ever for a college coach. I'm not saying he couldn't be good or even great in time, that's just excessive for him.

They're right about a line a hundred yards long if they got Gruden. That's a name who would be worth that much money and a superb fit.

The Domers Kelly, I just can't picture it. He just doesn't look like a USC coach to me. I can't explain it more than that.

The love affair with Gruden amazes me. I am a long time TB fan, and while Gruden won a Super Bowl and deserves all the accolades that come with one, he was given a great defense. He didn't build it. He didn't contribute to it. He elevated the offense just enough to get over the hump and win it all. It was all downhill from there - bad drafts, bad FA signings, everything. Gruden and Bruce Allen set the team back five seasons.

He would be a good fit for USC. He's in love with himself and so are the Trojans.

Here is why:

He has ****ed off everyone in the NFL, an owner, no doubt coaches, obviously players. The NFL is fraternity like. One can and will get blackballed quickly.

Chip Kelly is an ego maniac and what better place to be an ego maniac than South Beach?

I truly believe Blake James knows his job is on the line, He is going all out and he knows if he lands Chip Kelly he will be a GOD.

UM isn't waiting until January.

Advertisement
Maybe USC finally gets Jeff Fisher.

Regarding USC....

If they paid the other Harbaugh 8 million a year, it would be the biggest waste of money ever for a college coach. I'm not saying he couldn't be good or even great in time, that's just excessive for him.

They're right about a line a hundred yards long if they got Gruden. That's a name who would be worth that much money and a superb fit.

The Domers Kelly, I just can't picture it. He just doesn't look like a USC coach to me. I can't explain it more than that.

The love affair with Gruden amazes me. I am a long time TB fan, and while Gruden won a Super Bowl and deserves all the accolades that come with one, he was given a great defense. He didn't build it. He didn't contribute to it. He elevated the offense just enough to get over the hump and win it all. It was all downhill from there - bad drafts, bad FA signings, everything. Gruden and Bruce Allen set the team back five seasons.

He would be a good fit for USC. He's in love with himself and so are the Trojans.

Yeah he won with Dungy's players. Did pretty good at the Raiders but Davis still deemed him replaceable.

Here is why:

UM isn't waiting until January.

Might not have to. Philly's fans are brutal, its enough they have to deal with the Sixers. He might take a page from Petrino and be like deuces if he don't win one of the next 4. Detroit looked good verse the Raiders last week, New England is New England, Buffalo got that Defense and Arizona is one of the best teams in the NFL....Hopefully NE go Clemson on that *** and force Philly to send him to the U as an early Christmas gift.

Advertisement
Ignorance is bliss they say! Chip Kelly is not coming because he will not get interviewed nor a look. He is not worthy of this program. Guy is a clown with no personality. Has no ties to UM or south Florida. This guy could not even tie Butch Davis' shoe laces. Get this crap off the board.

Ignorance is bliss they say! Chip Kelly is not coming because he will not get interviewed nor a look. He is not worthy of this program. Guy is a clown with no personality. Has no ties to UM or south Florida. This guy could not even tie Butch Davis' shoe laces. Get this crap off the board.

You embody everything that is wrong with this program.

Kelly would be grand slam home run. I don't buy into the need to appease local high school coaches, or the kids for that matter. Kelly would instantly upgrade the 2016 offense. No more 3-10 on third down crap. Once the local divas see the offense rolling they'll beg for offers.

Advertisement
Back