I Really Miss September

View as article
just average and fundamentally sound safety plays makes it a closer game last night. It is what it is...

While I'm sure they made some mistakes, there were plays where they were asked to do something else and weren't in a place to play sound. That's football, we call a play and they call a play. Sometimes you get beat by the call and other times a player beats another player or there was a mistake.

We aren't good enough to play straight up, so we try to bring pressure and that leaves us vulnerable. We did a good job the first half, they adjusted and we couldn't or didn't have an answer for it.

Those two safeties are tasked with a lot. I'm constantly amazed how we always have to bring them up, but other teams just sit back and make us beat them. We don't dictate things on either side of the ball.

One thing that tells me, they don't trust the guys in front of them. The bad part of that, we aren't recruiting all that well there. Surely not at corner or defensive tackle.

Advertisement
This team does not beat Louisville or NCST right now. So 6-6 is what it looks like to me, unless something changes. Mack Brown told his team Miami is soft, maybe not Charmin, but still soft. Clemson will try to physically dominate us and make us quit. They all know the playbook.

We clearly have issues, but NC State is not good at all. Even after yesterday I like our chances against them.

This is perhaps my biggest issue with the current 'Canes -- they try and act like the 80's team, without the actual talent and results, but without the realization that the ACC officials will police them very closely. Yes, football is a game of emotion and passion, but too many times I see Miami players flirting with danger as they get into opponents faces.

... upside, at least this staff yanked Smith after that stupidity and there are repercussions for actions.

Contrast that to the Diaz era where Jarren Williams blows off curfew, shows up hungover for FIU and still gets the start—Diaz wanting to be liked and accepted by his players, while Cristobal is obviously going for the fear and respect route.

Side note, pretty wild how Pac-12 officials couldn't care less with Colonel Sanders' kids hare hoobanging all over the fiend before, during and after every play, but any missteps for Miami—they're all under a microscope and are going to be made into examples.

We clearly have issues, but NC State is not good at all. Even after yesterday I like our chances against them.

Law of averages concerns me about North Carolina State, as Miami took the last two close ones from them—on the road and then at home.

The way this team has been snakebitten the past two weeks (as well as stupid, self-inflicted wounds) I wouldn't be shocked to have a quirky day up there.

Get a win against Clemson and Miami then gets bearable Virginia and North Carolina State teams—a legit shot at 7-2 and three-game win-streak going into Trailerhassese, which is needed momentum-wise.

From what I've seen this year, North Carolina looks like the best all-around team in the ACC and a lopsided turnover battle saw Miami losing by 10 after leading at the half. Clean that garbage up and the Canes can legit beat anybody else on this schedule.... CAN they clean it up—that is the bigger concern.

Advertisement
... upside, at least this staff yanked Smith after that stupidity and there are repercussions for actions.

Contrast that to the Diaz era where Jarren Williams blows off curfew, shows up hungover for FIU and still gets the start—Diaz wanting to be liked and accepted by his players, while Cristobal is obviously going for the fear and respect route.

Side note, pretty wild how Pac-12 officials couldn't care less with Colonel Sanders' kids hare hoobanging all over the fiend before, during and after every play, but any missteps for Miami—they're all under a microscope and are going to be made into examples.
Meh. You can't continue to come down on players for lack of discipline when we have seen our very own coaches exhibit immaturity and lack of discipline 2 weeks in a row. The whole thing is a clown show at this point and all the noise from these press conferences and radio shows about we have to be better, fix mistakes, show discipline, hold each other accountable is fart noises into a microphone.

Show up and win or at the very least don't sabotage yourselves.

Law of averages concerns me about North Carolina State, as Miami took the last two close ones from them—on the road and then at home.

The way this team has been snakebitten the past two weeks (as well as stupid, self-inflicted wounds) I wouldn't be shocked to have a quirky day up there.

Get a win against Clemson and Miami then gets bearable Virginia and North Carolina State teams—a legit shot at 7-2 and three-game win-streak going into Trailerhassese, which is needed momentum-wise.

From what I've seen this year, North Carolina looks like the best all-around team in the ACC and a lopsided turnover battle saw Miami losing by 10 after leading at the half. Clean that garbage up and the Canes can legit beat anybody else on this schedule.... CAN they clean it up—that is the bigger concern.
Really, if Parrish doesn't fumble at the 1yard line, we really have a better chance to win I think. Plus most times, Bain's strip of Maye in end zone usually ends up in points for the defense. But we just didn't get the breaks during those crucial times. Miami clearly commits more self inflicted errors than they should given their lack of depth and overall talent. Part of is coaching and part of it is selfishness on the players part.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back