I Really Miss September

Biggest difference is you listed head coaches… Guidry is still an assistant… I think the leeway is definitely for head coaches to work the refs but assistants need to mostly stay in their lane.

Dumb penalty showing zero composure
If it’s a penalty then it’s a penalty

Advertisement
If fumbling on the goal line are plays “that will happen” then so will 15 yard penalties. Both are bad and had a hand in the loss.

Guidry’s penalty was a terrible call. Mack was just as mad and angry as Guidry. I’ve seen Saban completely lose it just like every other coach. It was a terrible call by the referees.

Yes, we’ve lost two in a row, but if we can’t see that the program is better right now than at any point under Randy Shannon, Al Golden, and Manny, then we’re completely blind.

The players we are cursing were inherited. JW, Flagg, TVD, Parrish, Couch, Keontra, all were here. Two losses don’t change the plan and the trajectory. Collectively, we said 8-4 and 9-3 were the realistic windows. Clemson and FSU look like losses UVA, BC, NC State, and Louisville get us to 8.
"Yes, we’ve lost two in a row, but if we can’t see that the program is better right now than at any point under Randy Shannon, Al Golden, and Manny, then we’re completely blind."

I 100-percent agree with you on this, regardless of my frustrations with the past two Saturdays...

Idk what the line vs clemson will be but i’ll take clemson - a billion for my life savings. this team is gonna be SAD

Advertisement
I don't disagree. The problem is expecting one person to do it without any safety help over the top. Even when you plan for that, your safety inexplicably gets sucked up by a routing play fake.

I said in the GameDay thread that when he hits the NFL, he's a top 15 or even top 10 WR from jump. There's not many players in college or the pro's you don't need to help with that guy.
Also Diaz left the cupboard even more bare than I thought, we had absolutely nothing for Mario. Mario needs 2 more recruiting classes to start to see significant improvement in the win column. We need a better QB and more depth everywhere and keep improving both lines.

Disappointed in Leonard Taylor at DT. I expected more production from him.

Advertisement
NC was clearly the better team. They have playmakers a QB and a D that pummeled TVD. Despite the penalties by NC they still had the players to win. We’re a little better than last season no more than that. You have to pull the plug on that Miami hype machine.

Also Diaz left the cupboard even more bare than I thought, we had absolutely nothing for Mario. Mario needs 2 more recruiting classes to start to see significant improvement in the win column. We need a better QB and more depth everywhere and keep improving both lines.

Disappointed in Leonard Taylor at DT. I expected more production from him.
Mario needs two more classes to do what?

What the **** is Mario going to change

Advertisement
If fumbling on the goal line are plays “that will happen” then so will 15 yard penalties. Both are bad and had a hand in the loss.

Guidry’s penalty was a terrible call. Mack was just as mad and angry as Guidry. I’ve seen Saban completely lose it just like every other coach. It was a terrible call by the referees.

Yes, we’ve lost two in a row, but if we can’t see that the program is better right now than at any point under Randy Shannon, Al Golden, and Manny, then we’re completely blind.

The players we are cursing were inherited. JW, Flagg, TVD, Parrish, Couch, Keontra, all were here. Two losses don’t change the plan and the trajectory. Collectively, we said 8-4 and 9-3 were the realistic windows. Clemson and FSU look like losses UVA, BC, NC State, and Louisville get us to 8.

I though Guidry’s penalty was because of where he was on the field...I'm I wrong on that?

Advertisement
NC was clearly the better team. They have playmakers a QB and a D that pummeled TVD. Despite the penalties by NC they still had the players to win. We’re a little better than last season no more than that. You have to pull the plug on that Miami hype machine.
I think it’s gone already after last weeks epic CORCHing clinic

We needed some nice back to back wins to get it back rolling…

We just making winning so much harder for ourselves

The constant celebrating and taunting is something that I thought Mario would clean up. But apparently not.

It’s really out of control that every time we make a play or even just tackle a guy after a 7 yard gain that I am sitting there worrying about our guys getting flagged because they are talking **** ALL THE TIME

Also because Mario is a “program builder” vs. an X and Os coach his rebuild is going to take longer than others. Which sucks for us as fans.

At what point does it just not work because how do you rebuild and recruit top players when you keep ending up in national headlines for embarrassing loses

Also I think a lot of the guys from Manny’s teams are proven to be a lot more overrated than we thought and I think even Mario realized

TVD, LT, James Williams and now even Kitchens is looking overrated, etc.

James Williams almost missed a play because he was celebrating a tackle. He had to run back and bearly made it because he was celebrating and they were getting ready to snap the ball.

Advertisement
Back