I know you’ll **** on him, but DD would be good here.

HarryCarayisGoat

Senior
Banned
Again...I’m ready to talk realistic candidates. He wants to be a head coach again and coming here could help him in that goal.

In his first year with Mizzou, veteran coach Derek Dooley did a masterful job as the Tigers' offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Dooley's offense - which scored the fifth-most points in Mizzou history - was a major reason behind the team's success that led to an eight-win season and a berth in the 2018 AutoZone Liberty Bowl.
When Dooley joined Head Coach Barry Odom's staff in January of 2018, he was charged with the task of changing the mindset of the offense from that of a quick-strike, all-or-nothing attack to one that was more ball-control oriented and more complementary to the Tiger defense. Look no further than the time of possession category to see the wildly positive results - in 2018 Mizzou ranked 44th nationally (sixth in the SEC) averaging 30:45 of clock time. That was a massive improvement from 2017, when the Tigers ranked next-to-last in the country (128th out of 129 teams) in time of possession, averaging just 25:01 per game.
While the Tigers became less of a lightning-quick attack, Dooley's offense still put up impressive numbers that kept Mizzou's offense one of the nation's most potent. Mizzou ended the 2018 regular season ranked 17th nationally (fourth in the SEC) in total offense (468.8 avg.), 20th nationally (third in the SEC) in scoring (36.9 avg.) and 18th nationally (third in the SEC) in third down conversions (46.0%).

Advertisement
Advertisement
The guy is all sec. what’s the difference between us and Mizzou if he’s trying to get back as a HC? No benefits to come to Miami.

I don’t know much about him but isn’t he the guy that had to try to clean up Kiffin’s mess @ Tennessee? That has probably put a stain on his name unfairly.

Advertisement
i take back what i said after looking into it a little more

not the worst option, but id rather we take a shot with someone else. on par w applewhite to me. meh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Probably because I’m from Tennessee and have heard it all and even sucked into see some of it. No thanks.

Advertisement
Back