I know some of you canes fans won't agree

Advertisement
If were just throwing **** out there, let’s hire Willie Williams as a coach. Talk about a savage recruiter. Commit or get run up on by the goons.

Willie Williams should be our recruiting "quality control" guy.

Make an example out a few traitors and the rest will get in line.

Advertisement
Lol doubt he come back after everything went down and tbh wouldn't want him anyways... plus didn't he sue the University for $$$

The porsting on this thread is off the charts

Just a pipe dream but he was a great DC for our last Nat Champ and a few years after before taking HC position

Advertisement
Shannon and goldens problem was and will always be they could not develope the players they had or used schemes that didn't fit the style of athletes we had.instead of getting better their players often regressed the following year.

The folks in Gainesville complained about Randy specials almost as much as we did. No thanks for 2* linemen who are 5'9" 220 lbs and "all hustle".

Advertisement
I assume Randy wouldnt want to keave a DC job to become a positional coach.

Having said that, he would be a great hire as LB coach if we moved Patke to DL coach. Most of the things i disliked about Shannon are related to his inability to be successful HC. He is great as an assistant.

I think overall this would make us stronger than Patrick, but Randy isn't coming here for a demotion.

Advertisement
Randy's problem as a defensive coach IMO was that he was limited, inflexible and had only one plan that he couldn't adjust on the fly. As a recruiter he's ok,

BUT

His my way or the highway, long doghouse sentences approach , would wreak havoc on this team today

Yeah, DL Coach is weird.

But even Randy's recent track record is good. Sent Jarrad Davis and Alex Anzalone to the league last year, basically won a ton of h2h battles against us for South Florida kids overs the past few years at UF. Would have definitely taken him at that 10th coach spot.

Neither of those two were Randy recruits.

UF's current LB situation is awful, and that's on Randy. Besides, after how he helped destroy our program as HC here, **** him. He'll never work at UM again, I'm not sure why people don't get that

Advertisement
Back